ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd welcome either Galvatron or Megatron, or.... Both :pray:
I'm more immediately worried about Magnus' scale, I thought they were tightening down on scale a bit, but it seems like he's going to be oversized compared to all the current stuff we've gotten.

I wasn't very impressed with the figure offerings of transformers 4 AoE so I decided to pick up some of the older figures with the FanWantIt upgrades.

011.JPG

012.JPG

I don't have my FWI3 kit yet but I purchased a used Optimus so I'll be ready when my kit arrives hopefully with in the next few weeks. Here are some pics I found of this kit off the internet. I am super eager to have it. I have wanted a jet powered Optimus for a long time now.

636859406_496.jpg

12216395226_582c5ed998_b.jpg

Sweet pick ups man. While iron hide looks awesome, I wished he was a little smaller. Y'know...for scale purposes.

My mind is blown with the product from AoE...I can't believe how...ugly they are. What the hell crappened?? The only time I'll be picking up a leader class AoE prime is when TT release their DMK03, just for the truck mode as a companion piece....to which I'm surprised no ones mentioned it here yet.

I'd provide pics, but my internet has been acting up as of late and have trouble accessing TFW2005.

My mind is blown with the product from AoE...I can't believe how...ugly they are. What the hell crappened??

I think it's a variety of things,

Customer feedback from the first two movie lines indicated that the complexity of the toys was off putting to the target market....kids didn't have the attention span for figures like ROTF Leader Class Prime that took forever to transform.

Hasbro also like to save money whenever possible so once they had an excuse to justify more simplistic toys they went with it.

I also feel that the movieverse designs have always been difficult to recreate as mass market toys so once the direction changed to more simplistic toys the quality was inevitably going to suffer.

Omnigonix reveal options for Sunstreaker's headsculpt,

I'd like B 'cos it's like the G1 toy and a tweaked version of C ( without the black lines on the ears ) for the cartoon head.

Cool. I'd be fine with either B or D with C as an alternate/extra, I think. They really need to include both styles (blocky toy style and curvy cartoon), imo.

Cool. I'd be fine with either B or D with C as an alternate/extra, I think. They really need to include both styles (blocky toy style and curvy cartoon), imo.

Omnigonix have mentioned that 2 different heads plus different face sculpts are being considered which would be awesome.....Sunstreaker needs an arrogant smirk.

Looking at the renders and reading what they've said about the effort they've made in order to ensure everything scales properly with MP12 it's clear that Omnigonix are giving this project a lot of thought and the design is looking very good.

The first question mark is whether the physical prototype lives up to the renders, hopefully it'll be answered soon.

Sweet pick ups man. While iron hide looks awesome, I wished he was a little smaller. Y'know...for scale purposes.

My mind is blown with the product from AoE...I can't believe how...ugly they are. What the hell crappened?? The only time I'll be picking up a leader class AoE prime is when TT release their DMK03, just for the truck mode as a companion piece....to which I'm surprised no ones mentioned it here yet.

I'd provide pics, but my internet has been acting up as of late and have trouble accessing TFW2005.

Even though I agree, I do think some of the Grimlocks look kind of cool. I was at Target today and I saw this G1 inspired movie 2 pack of Grimlock and Optimus for 25 bucks. The grimlock is a G1 repaint of the FOC grimlock and the Optimus is a chrome deluxe version of an earlier release. They look freakin awesome, the grimlock alone was worth the 25$, the optimus was just a bonus to me, not to mention he actually looks pretty cool with the chrome. This isn't my picture but this is what they look like in the box, I repainted my optimus with metallic paint over the molded legs and arms, he looks pretty cool.

Target_2pack_Optimus_Grimlock.jpg

Last edited:
Final head designs for Sunstreaker,

All the ears & faces are interchangeable for a possible 16 different combinations.

Omnigonix have said that they're going to try to include everything but a couple of bits may get dropped due to cost reasons, so if that's the case then I think the bottom 2 faces should bite the dust because they're a nod to IDW Sunstreaker, who was about as far removed from G1 Sunstreaker as Bay's psychotic, unarmed prisoner shooting, "give me your face" shouting Optimus.

In which case, I'd be displaying top right face, bottom left helmet & ears. The others are kinda meh

Last edited:
In which case, I'd be displaying top right face, bottom left helmet & ears. The others are kinda meh

I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of a proper smirking face as it'd really make Sunstreaker stand out, but as long as the final figure turns out as good as it's looking so far it's no big deal.

Here's some pics of the awesome looking SDCC Exclusive Kreo set,

I haven't picked any of the Kreo stuff up, but would definitely like to have that. Any word on cost? And why are Arcee and Ultra Magnus included?? That actually detracts from the overall desirability to me.

I haven't picked any of the Kreo stuff up, but would definitely like to have that. Any word on cost? And why are Arcee and Ultra Magnus included?? That actually detracts from the overall desirability to me.

The Diaclone colored Bluestreak is what's drawing me to the set which looks like it's going to be $59.99 at the convention itself.

Not sure on Arcee or Ultra Magnus, I think the other 2 Insecticons would have been better options.

Final head designs for Sunstreaker,

All the ears & faces are interchangeable for a possible 16 different combinations.

Omnigonix have said that they're going to try to include everything but a couple of bits may get dropped due to cost reasons, so if that's the case then I think the bottom 2 faces should bite the dust because they're a nod to IDW Sunstreaker, who was about as far removed from G1 Sunstreaker as Bay's psychotic, unarmed prisoner shooting, "give me your face" shouting Optimus.

Agreed, no need for that carp, imo. I know there are those who love IDW, but if something has to go...

The Kreon set looks cool. I guess I'll be trying to pick that up. :)

Back