ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of them, corsair?

Any idea where to get em btw.

I think they do the job nicely, they're better quality than the figure that came with MP10.

I got mine off an ebay seller, can't remember which one off the top of my head.

A heads up for MP G2 Sideswipe owners,

Dr Wu are doing an accessory set for it. So far they've shown a bazooka type weapon which can be seen in the G2 comic artwork and I reckon the bandolier will be the next thing they reveal.

Whoa that Megatron looks awesome. I just ordered the unimetal prime about a month ago. Getting this megatron to go with him will be epic. Hopefully it comes out a good long while after optimus lol.

This guy could be a big hit, considering know one knows if or when we will get an MP Megatron and right now you've basically got the original MP, which suffers from severe chicken legs and is out of scale with current MPs, and Hegemon, which is great but tiny.

unimetal-megatron-01.jpg

There is no gun issue, or not from Takara's POV there isn't as they can sell a new Masterpiece Megatron that turns into a realistic looking gun in their markets.

The whole reason for the upcoming Generations Leader Class IDW Megatron is likely because Takara have told Hasbro about a new Masterpiece which they can't release because of the alt mode so they've developed a new large scale Megatron with a G1 style robot mode that turns into a tank instead which fits with his current comic look.

Ok, good. I welcome IDW version as long as there will be THE version of MP Megatron as well. Hasbro leader mega could be nice, if he is at least better than that Classics version with stupid wings. Other than that (and the colors of the hasbro version) it wouldn't be that bad either, but man those horrible colors and "wings" (well, the gun mode ain't that great either).

Ok, good. I welcome IDW version as long as there will be THE version of MP Megatron as well. Hasbro leader mega could be nice, if he is at least better than that Classics version with stupid wings. Other than that (and the colors of the hasbro version) it wouldn't be that bad either, but man those horrible colors and "wings" (well, the gun mode ain't that great either).

If the Leader Class Jetfire from the same assortment is any indication I think it'll easily be more impressive than the Classics Nerf gun Megatron or the Henkei version of the same mold that had a nicer paintjob.

When it comes to a new Masterpiece I find it difficult to believe it wasn't planned back when they decided to make the new version of Prime as he's the 2nd most important character in the franchise.

The real question is why it's not happened yet.

Megatron is one of the few G1s that I wouldn't be concerned with the lack of transformation. His robot mode is great, but turning into a gun so that some henchman can fire him at Autobots? That seemed idiotic even to us as kids, I'm glad they reinvented him as a tank, its much more fitting to his stature.

WANT!

If the first unimetal prime is any indication, $900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$900? steeeeep. Is this full metal?

If the Leader Class Jetfire from the same assortment is any indication I think it'll easily be more impressive than the Classics Nerf gun Megatron or the Henkei version of the same mold that had a nicer paintjob.

When it comes to a new Masterpiece I find it difficult to believe it wasn't planned back when they decided to make the new version of Prime as he's the 2nd most important character in the franchise.

The real question is why it's not happened yet.

I can only think of two reasons. Either the new design is REALLY challenging to get as close as possible or they are trying to spread out the "leaders" or bigger figures between smaller releases. I dunno the second one is stiff iffy...but besides Hound he is my most wanted in this new scale. Hope we see something within the next year.

Megatron is one of the few G1s that I wouldn't be concerned with the lack of transformation. His robot mode is great, but turning into a gun so that some henchman can fire him at Autobots? That seemed idiotic even to us as kids, I'm glad they reinvented him as a tank, its much more fitting to his stature.

I agree it was kinda silly lol but I was always intrigued with his bot mode (in the cartoon). Such an evil looking villian and that arm cannon was siiiiiick. I want the MP bot mode as close as possible to the cartoon even if sacrifices are made to the gun mode. Id probably buy MP Megs V1 if I wanted another to display in gun mode. And I welcome a tank version as long as its after season 1 cast is complete.

While Im at it top 10 MP wants

Autobots:
Hound
Mirage
Jazz
Tracks
Blaster

Decepticons:
Megatron V2
Devastator (cheating)
Blitzwing
Insecticon Kickback
Shockwave

Yeah, I think it would be cool to fill out the D ranks with some insecticons, definitely surprised they don't get more love.

I can only think of two reasons. Either the new design is REALLY challenging to get as close as possible or they are trying to spread out the "leaders" or bigger figures between smaller releases. I dunno the second one is stiff iffy...but besides Hound he is my most wanted in this new scale. Hope we see something within the next year.

I agree it was kinda silly lol but I was always intrigued with his bot mode (in the cartoon). Such an evil looking villian and that arm cannon was siiiiiick. I want the MP bot mode as close as possible to the cartoon even if sacrifices are made to the gun mode. Id probably buy MP Megs V1 if I wanted another to display in gun mode. And I welcome a tank version as long as its after season 1 cast is complete.

While Im at it top 10 MP wants

Autobots:
Hound
Mirage
Jazz
Tracks
Blaster

Decepticons:
Megatron V2
Devastator (cheating)
Blitzwing
Insecticon Kickback
Shockwave

That's pretty much what I feel on Megatron V2, sales of the other characters have been very good so there's no need to rush things, they know Megatron will sell so they may as well take whatever time is needed to get the design as good as it can be.

A list! I love lists almost as much as IDW's Swerve loves quests!

Most wanted Autobots,
1.Sunstreaker
2.Mirage
3.Hound
4.Swoop ( Fans Toys )
5.Snarl ( Fans Toys )
6.Sludge ( Fans Toys )
7.Grimlock V2 ( Fans Toys )
8.Springer
9.Kup
10.Blurr
11.Arcee
12.Hot Rod V2 ( Scaled to the other cars )
13.Tracks
14.Jazz
15.Blaster & tapes
16.Perceptor
17.Ironhide/Ratchet
18.Trailbreaker/Hoist
19.Grapple/Inferno
20.Wheelie

I also want Cliffjumper, Brawn, Gears and Windcharger but only if they're kept Chibi-fied as I don't think Takara should shoehorn real world alt modes onto each character just for the sake of licensing them.

Most wanted Decepticons,
1.Megatron V2
2.Galvatron
3.Cyclonus
4.Scourge
5.Reflector
6.Shrapnel
7.Bombshell
8.Kickback
9.Skywarp ( Takara release with the MP11 mold and a new face sculpt. )
10.Thundercracker ( Takara release with the MP11 mold and a different face sculpt to Starscream or Skywarp. )

Love the sinister expression. Hopefully MP Megs 2.0 (should it happen) will also have a pretty bad-*** looking face.

Whether or not the transformations make sense doesn't matter to me much. I mean, the whole justification for the transformation angle is that they are supposed to be disguised, to potentially blend into society. Yet the Dinobots appear just a few episodes into the cartoon, then soon thereafter you get the Insecticons :lol For me, I just figure, in general, that they are "transformers," so I expect them to transform. Even if the purpose is kind of dumb, it is what sets them apart from the hundreds of other cartoon robots out there. But as I posted before, these statues are so great that I would also probably overlook that preference if they were more affordable.

Whether or not the transformations make sense doesn't matter to me much. I mean, the whole justification for the transformation angle is that they are supposed to be disguised, to potentially blend into society. Yet the Dinobots appear just a few episodes into the cartoon, then soon thereafter you get the Insecticons :lol For me, I just figure, in general, that they are "transformers," so I expect them to transform. Even if the purpose is kind of dumb, it is what sets them apart from the hundreds of other cartoon robots out there. But as I posted before, these statues are so great that I would also probably overlook that preference if they were more affordable.

I really don't get where you're going with this one, K80. As I said, I wish he were a tank or something more relevant. If his job were to blend in, how did his transformation do this?

While he flew around as a giant robot? While he was being wielded as a "disguised" pistol being held by a giant robot?

For someone who was supposed to "blend in" he had a worthless transformation. I must have missed the episodes where he ever blended in thanks to transforming into an Earth pistol. :lol

Now, sitting aside that ridiculous part of the equation and looking at this solely from a toy perspective, his transformation is impossible in toy format, because the toy doesn't actually scale down properly, thats why they make tiny Megatron pistols for other characters to hold. Once Megatron is transformed he wouldn't be in MP scale anyways, theres no magic to make a toy shrink as you transform them. You may as well have a non trasforming Megs and a small pistol that Starscream or someone else can hold to represent his alt mode, thats the only way to accurately represent the ridiculousness of the transformation.

If they come up with some technology that somehow can fold a 10" toy into a 1" pistol post transformation then sign me up, til then its just a waste when the alt mode is ridiculously out of scale, which is again, why I said I was very happy with his alt mode being changed to a tank.

Last edited:
That got wordy for just wanting to get across the point that if they can't make an actual G1 transformation, I'm all for them just producing the small handgun accessory and going with a better robot mode anyways. :lol

I really don't get where you're going with this one, K80. As I said, I wish he were a tank or something more relevant. If his job were to blend in, how did his transformation do this?
You stated your thoughts on why you think a Transformer needs (or doesn't need) to transform, and I stated mine. I wasn't criticizing your opinion, though I don't share it. Soundwave and Shockwave have the same issues that Megatron has re: shrinkage, and others like Powerglide and Warpath were also in incorrect scales, to name a few. Others transform into things that wouldn't be very good disguises. None of that ever bugged me personally. But I do want my Transformers to transform, and for me, the interest in the figures I collect (MP now) is based on G1-accuracy. Megs transformed into a gun in the cartoon, so should another MP figure be made, that's what I want and expect.

You stated your thoughts on why you think a Transformer needs (or doesn't need) to transform, and I stated mine. I wasn't criticizing your opinion, though I don't share it. Soundwave and Shockwave have the same issues that Megatron has re: shrinkage, and others like Powerglide and Warpath were also in incorrect scales, to name a few. Others transform into things that wouldn't be very good disguises. None of that ever bugged me personally. But I do want my Transformers to transform, and for me, the interest in the figures I collect (MP now) is based on G1-accuracy. Megs transformed into a gun in the cartoon, so should another MP figure be made, that's what I want and expect.

I know you weren't,what I meant by not knowing where you were going was, I didn't know if you were specifically talking about changing what he transforms into (tank) for the MP line or the just having him in robot mode alt modeless. I agree it takes the fun out of it, but like I said, you really can't do the 80s cartoon without a switch out piece. Obviously if they want to produce an MP version of the 80s toy they can do it easily enough.(orange plugged for us in the US of course)

Back