ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a fan favorite that hasn't already been teased or released by either Hasbro/Takara or 3P? I'd like to see a toon accurate Galvatron.

MP's? Maybe Hound, Jazz, Mirage? I would love to see the Decepticon triple changers like Astrotrain and Blitzwing, but I'm not sure if that's even possible engineering-wise.

As for Skyfire, I'll hold off until people get them in hand. Same with the Giga Dinobots. Any qc issues will hopefully have been smoothed out by then. Can't go wrong with having more options for the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a fan favorite that hasn't already been teased or released by either Hasbro/Takara or 3P? I'd like to see a toon accurate Galvatron.

Trailbreaker is actually one of my favourites that hasn't been teased yet also I'd quite like a Windcharger as well
I'd also kill for them to do the Insecticons to help bolster the sadly very lacking Decepticon side of the coin

Neil

Triple changers are a good idea. I always loved Astrotrain. I wonder if they'll start going into BW realm with MP figures. I'd love an MP TMII Megs. That dragon mode is fierce!

I love Trailbreaker, but he seems to be under-appreciated as far as the early TFs go. He was actually one of the few TFs I had when I was a kid, and I even remember buying him from the store. Hopefully it will happen.

Triple changers are a good idea. I always loved Astrotrain. I wonder if they'll start going into BW realm with MP figures. I'd love an MP TMII Megs. That dragon mode is fierce!

The problem with Triple Changer toys is that they can't mass shift or make parts disappear into thin air like in the cartoon. It's why the vast majority of them suck.

At best they tend to get one mode right and the others are always lacking something.

The only custom Masterpiece style Triple Changer I've seen that wasn't a mess of kibble in each mode was this massively oversized Astrotrain,
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/321905-de-real-transworks-mp-astrotrain.html

I think we'd be more likely to see Takara attempt a combiner before they tried a Triple Changer.

EDIT
Scoria is getting closer to a release!

A sample has been reviewed by a TFW member and the worst thing the guy could say about it was that "the head looks too flat from a side view", which I'm guessing is how nobody will ever display it :lol

He also said,

There's diecast in the chest & toes.

Dino mode looks slimmer than the G1 toy mainly because of the longer tail.

The grey plastic matches with MP08.

Paint apps are great and the joints are tight which for some reason the reviewer actually complained about....maybe he likes floppy figures or something?

FT have fired the first shot in the war of the Dinobots and it's looking like they used a nuke.

Wow, Scoria is looking all the awesome I expected him to be :yess:

Roll on SWOOP !!!!

Ordered MP Bumblebee today. Height be damned, I want him LOL !!

Bob

From what I've seen and heard about FansToys I think I may go with their Dinobots and just hope they make all of them. That Scoria looks great!

Without going into a nitpicking mode, it would have to be hard to find fault with Scoria. Very impressive and it gives me that elusive "80s exciting feel" which is more important to me than 90% of the other factors.

I'm not feeling Scoria as much with this last batch of photos. Can't articulate why just yet, but my impression was less than excited, which surprised me. Might just have to do with the bland posing.

From what I've seen and heard about FansToys I think I may go with their Dinobots and just hope they make all of them. That Scoria looks great!

Swoop and Snarl have been confirmed and at least one of them should be released this year ( probably Swoop ), Sludge is also happening but proving the trickiest to design and they've said they'll do Grimlock last if there's enough demand.

SurlyJ,
Sometimes how a figure is posed can make a big difference to how it's percieved. In a local comic shop I've seen Hot Toys figures posed so badly they look like dollar store figures. You would think that they'd want to show them off at their best in order to increase the chances of selling such expensive items to people who aren't already familiar with the brand but apparently not.

The guy who got the Scoria sample has made a similarly half assed job of his pics.

What's wrong with the height, Bob? I haven't heard much about it. Hard to tell much based on the shot with the hand in the picture.

Initially I was going to wait till the Bot mode height was confirmed before I ordered.
Lots of "debate" on TFWorld as to how tall he will be.
Personally I'm hoping he will be 12-13 cm, but if he ends up bigger I'll live with it. Just looking forward to the annoying little yellow guy :lol

I'm not feeling Scoria as much with this last batch of photos. Can't articulate why just yet, but my impression was less than excited, which surprised me. Might just have to do with the bland posing.

The Initial pictures are not very well posed and the lighting isn't great either. I'm sure it will be great when we get a "proper" review though.

Swoop and Snarl have been confirmed and at least one of them should be released this year ( probably Swoop ), Sludge is also happening but proving the trickiest to design and they've said they'll do Grimlock last if there's enough demand.

SurlyJ,
Sometimes how a figure is posed can make a big difference to how it's percieved. In a local comic shop I've seen Hot Toys figures posed so badly they look like dollar store figures. You would think that they'd want to show them off at their best in order to increase the chances of selling such expensive items to people who aren't already familiar with the brand but apparently not.

The guy who got the Scoria sample has made a similarly half assed job of his pics.

This !!

Forbidden Planet badley posed toys........ it's a mix of :horror :rotfl :slap

Bob

Initially I was going to wait till the Bot mode height was confirmed before I ordered.
Lots of "debate" on TFWorld as to how tall he will be.
Personally I'm hoping he will be 12-13 cm, but if he ends up bigger I'll live with it. Just looking forward to the annoying little yellow guy :lol

The Initial pictures are not very well posed and the lighting isn't great either. I'm sure it will be great when we get a "proper" review though.

This !!

Bob

MP Bumblebee can stay in the box, but the exosuit is nice :lol

If HT's staff saw how badly Forbidden Planet show off the items they put so much work into they'd probably ban them from ever stocking their products again.

Likewise the guy who made such a half assed job of photographing Scoria should never again be allowed the privilege of getting an early sample unless he's prepared to do a proper job.

teemu,
It does look nice, but until there's pictures of a production piece in both modes there's so reason for anyone to rush out and drop their cash.

Being limited to 1000 doesn't mean much if the production quality isn't there. Once that is known, ie once there's a decent review out there it will obviously determine how quickly whatever's left of the 1000 get snapped up.

If it's good then they'll be snapped up quickly by online scalpers and resold on ebay for 2-3 times the original price.

HPGR_Thrawn,
Yep, it's been pushed down their schedule but they've said that the only way it'll be cancelled is if Takara announce an official Masterpiece Skyfire before theirs goes into production.

I get the feeling that Swoop and Snarl will be their next two releases, then they'll do Skyfire before finishing off the Dinobots.

Isn't Fans Toys doing Skyfire as well? Everybody else can just give up.

They are doing it LATER...and it was stated IF Takara does one they are cancelling theirs

To say everyone else should give up just because of 'Fan Toys' is :lol

Unless you're blind,Daca Toys Skyfire looks awesome..it's CHEAPER price wise and still made in MP Quality as the maker of this is barely making any money off of it.

In fact,it's now SOLD OUT at BBTS and Capturedprey...and WILL be sold out soon completely considering the LOW number of 1,000 being produced.

Folks are saying this thing in person is a BEAST!

Last edited:
SurlyJ,

This !!

Bob

Oh absolutely. That's why I mentioned it. But part of it is the solid gold too, I'm hot sure I like it. And seeing the body in color, so far isn't doing it for me, not that they did anything wrong. I don't really like Scoria's robot face either. I'm definitely waiting for some proper pics, vids and reviews though before I make up my mind. If it wasn't for gigapower doing dinobots, I'd be all over it, but I really like the aesthetic of their snarl, and while my quakewave is amazing, I'm hot going to just jump in this no matter what like I thought I would. I'm sure the engineering will be top notch though. Looking forward to in hand pics from collectors who know what they are doing with a figure!

Seriously, is teemu on the payroll for this company or what? :lol It does look pretty good in new pics, but. . .

And what are typical runs for 3rd party figures? I have no idea.

Seriously, is teemu on the payroll for this company or what? :lol It does look pretty good in new pics, but. . .

And what are typical runs for 3rd party figures? I have no idea.

No :lol,I always pump up something I really like and see that is worth the noise...Some Folks are just complaining to complain and not giving any credit to this project.The figure is fully posable just like any masterpiece.Obviously ARAFAT has won over MANY folks today at the SHOW in NJ because his piece is selling out everywhere...he has confirmed that it's a 1,000 piece limited ONE-TIME RUN ONLY...NO Second Runs..I don't want to hear any of you crying after it get's released and then having to hear anyone cry about how high the secondary market prices are for this thing and then hearing "I should of bought one" after many have it in hand.

I am glad I bought mine a long time ago because this is going to look killer in my MP collection once I slap on a reprolabel autobot symbol on it

Back