ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not biting on an untested company over FansToys until I see some reviews.

Exactly.

I also can't get Kronos from my usual UK dealer so I would have to buy from abroad. Such a large toy which contains some diecast will mean a fairly hefty package so the international shipping charges are likely to be high and that's without taking into account the possibility of customs charges.

So even if the initial price of Kronos is less than what FT will charge for Skyfire, there's a strong possibility that I'd end up having to pay so much with shipping and customs charges that the final total wouldn't be that much less than FT's.

With FT I have the peace of mind in knowing that I'll be able to get their Skyfire from Kapow Toys without worrying about additional costs as the only shipping charge will be their usual flat fee.

Are you getting one for sure?

I'm not biting on an untested company over FansToys until I see some reviews.

MP BB looks great, btw!

Yes,I ordered mine.....whether this company is a tested company or not...take a good look at the figure

Plus the guy making the figure is a fan and is promising MP quality and is making this figure for us fans.

Exactly.

I also can't get Kronos from my usual UK dealer so I would have to buy from abroad. Such a large toy which contains some diecast will mean a fairly hefty package so the international shipping charges are likely to be high and that's without taking into account the possibility of customs charges.

So even if the initial price of Kronos is less than what FT will charge for Skyfire, there's a strong possibility that I'd end up having to pay so much with shipping and customs charges that the final total wouldn't be that much less than FT's.

With FT I have the peace of mind in knowing that I'll be able to get their Skyfire from Kapow Toys without worrying about additional costs being added as the only shipping charge will be their usual flat fee.

You may not want to wait because it was announced that there will be only 1,000 made of Kronos total.The figure is a pet project made by a fan for fans.Who says Fan Toys will be better? (all based on their Shockwave??) considering they are delaying their Skyfire because they don't want to compete against this one after finding out that Kronos is 14" tall (same as theirs) and I don't see how theirs will be any different other than having MORE parts (which doesn't not equal better)

dosn't nessacaraly MEAN it will be better. He has good intentions, but, as they say, no plan ever survives contact with the enemy. I'll wait for some in-hands personaly.

That said, I wish him all the best of luck. A MP quality Skyfire would own.

Waiting for HLJ to get MP bee, and I might change to them from BBTS.

Teemu, you sure seem to have put your eggs in the Kronos basket. Power to you for having that kind of blind faith, but like lerath, I think the most reasonable move is to wait and see what the final product is like. It may look decent now, and maybe the guy making it has the right approach, but there are loads of other factors that could affect what you get in-hand for better or worse.

Teemu, you sure seem to have put your eggs in the Kronos basket. Power to you for having that kind of blind faith, but like lerath, I think the most reasonable move is to wait and see what the final product is like. It may look decent now, and maybe the guy making it has the right approach, but there are loads of other factors that could affect what you get in-hand for better or worse.

well with only 1,000 pieces to go around and looking at how good the figure is,I'd say jump in now before it's too late.I don't understand why folks conclusions are this figure will have no quality.It's being made in ABS plastic ,some Diecast and MP quality.The person that made this knows how whiny fans are and will want a quality transformer released.I seriously doubt this guy is going to put out crap only to destroy his reputation and other projects that he has in the works coming very soon.

I've seen countless new toy companies run into difficulties translating vision into reality. Even on this forum, look no further than Shrunken Head Studios. No one wants to have their reputation trashed for one reason or another, but oftentimes it just can't be avoided (not that I expect that will happen here, but we just don't know!).

To address your puzzlement over why folks have concerns, it is because this guy has no track record. Producing a figure requires developing a good prototype (and so far it seems that the alt. mode here is only a CG render, so that may not even be totally worked out yet), figuring out the best way of mass producing the prototype, developing molds and tooling for production, finding a reliable factory that can deliver on anticipated costs, sourcing the right quality material within budget, ensuring that various quality control issues can be addressed, ensuring that supply issues are effectively worked out, and ensuring that a functioning system is in place to deal with customer service after the fact, just to start. And I'm no toy producer, so I'm sure I'm missing out on some important areas of concern. Point is, there are lots of points where something can go wrong. It happens all the time with new toy companies. Right now, you're interest is based off of good intentions, and a promising unfinished prototype alone. But there is quite a bit more to it than that.

And then the facorty cheats him, screws him over with shoddy parts, or plastic or paint ( Like what happend with maketows paldin/mobaine first run)
Or they make a mistake in the design process, and he ends up top heavy. they misjudge teh tolerences, and use the wrong screws, and he breaks apart at the joints in transformation.

There are LOTS of things that can go wrong first time out. Being limited to 1000 pieces, we will see. if it becomes INSANELY popular, i'll be suprised if he dosn't do a second batch.

In short, the designer is not the guy i'm worried about. Him I like. he's got his heart in the right place. But there are TONS of things that are out of his hands that any one of could ruin this.

I haven't been so into the 3rd party stuff, but my experience with TFC Hercules was less than stellar from a QC standpoint. They had to include fixed parts with subsequent figures to deal with problems they ran into, and I don't think that was their first attempt at producing something. Their customer support was deceptive, and really, non-existent. Which may have been due to the fact that they were in over their heads. Another example is Shrunken Head Studios that I mentioned before. They apparently were told one story by a factory, then realized another story was the truth, which created loads of problems contributing to a figure that was supposed to be released a couple years back still sitting in production hell. At a certain point, the guy in charge had to start selling custom busts to facilitate funding production.

I hear people are happy with TFC's offerings for the most part. And that QC issues were handled right by tfsource, BBTS, etc.
not first hand experience though, as I really didn't like Herc or Uranos enough to buy them.

I have faith Takaa will put out gestalts one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my case, I bought them some second hand from sellers on forums, and so any support from a retailer went out the window. But sure, if you go through someone like BBTS they'll protect you if things go awry. But in some cases all you may get is a refund, because these companies may lack the wherewithal to fix broken parts and whatnot.

Yes,I ordered mine.....whether this company is a tested company or not...take a good look at the figure

Plus the guy making the figure is a fan and is promising MP quality and is making this figure for us fans.

You may not want to wait because it was announced that there will be only 1,000 made of Kronos total.The figure is a pet project made by a fan for fans.Who says Fan Toys will be better? (all based on their Shockwave??) considering they are delaying their Skyfire because they don't want to compete against this one after finding out that Kronos is 14" tall (same as theirs) and I don't see how theirs will be any different other than having MORE parts (which doesn't not equal better)

Do you believe all Transformers look good because of pictures?

If so you must be the only person who's ever been fooled by a Photoshopped Hasbro product image :lol

All the best intentions in the world are no guarantee of anything, sometimes **** just happens.

Nothing about the Daca Toys release makes it a more viable option for me eg,

1. I have no in hand reviews of a production piece. I don't buy from new 3rd party companies without that knowledge.

2. Once international shipping and customs charges are added the price difference between the FT one will be negligible.

3. I can't get it from the UK dealers that offer the best pricing.

Skyfire is also somewhere in the lower reaches of my top 20 most wanted characters, I don't need to gamble my cash on a very limited edition product from an unknown quantity when I know a perfectly acceptable one that'll be easier and possibly cheaper for me to obtain will come along sometime in the next couple of years once FT put theirs into production.

Quakewave redefined what all high end Transformers should be aiming for in terms of build quality and that knowledge is worth a lot more to me than a few prototype images and some good intentions.

The fact that they also junked an entire production run of a clear Quakewave variant because it didn't meet their standards also leads me to believe they won't drop the ball with their QC.

I hear people are happy with TFC's offerings for the most part. And that QC issues were handled right by tfsource, BBTS, etc.
not first hand experience though, as I really didn't like Herc or Uranos enough to buy them.

I have faith Takaa will put out gestalts one day.

They DID flat out say they were not going to a while ago.

GRANTED, we did get that ****** one from FoC last year, so who knows.

They did? Oh man, what a bummer. I must've missed that.

You just ruined my day, kind sir. :(

it's been a while, but YA, they said that combiners were too complicated, Both in design, AND in marketing strategy. . It's part of the reason that thrid parties went crazy over doing 3rd party Gesaults.

Though, looking at what's being done with the masterpiece line, who knows.

Sure that wasn't Hasbro who said that?

If it was, then it has no relevance to the Masterpiece line as Takara call the shots.

Shogo Hasui has mentioned his like of Bruticus and of his intrest in making a Masterpiece version in a couple of interviews, whether he ever gets to is another matter entirely.

I think if any Masterpiece combiner is made the only realistic choice is Devastator.

And with the apparent current success of the MP line, maybe those guys will start rethinking the idea. . .lord, I hope so. Official MP Devastator could be the greatest thing of all time, ever, in the history of the world.

And with the apparent current success of the MP line, maybe those guys will start rethinking the idea. . .lord, I hope so. Official MP Devastator could be the greatest thing of all time, ever, in the history of the world.

Exactly!

It's not long ago that Masterpieces of anything but the main characters seemed unlikely and a fully licensed VW Bumblebee was thought to be impossible.

I wouldn't write anything off....unless it's something that's physically impossible to make eg a MP Broadside that has consistent scaling in all 3 modes :lol

Do you believe all Transformers look good because of pictures?

If so you must be the only person who's ever been fooled by a Photoshopped Hasbro product image :lol

All the best intentions in the world are no guarantee of anything, sometimes **** just happens.

Nothing about the Daca Toys release makes it a more viable option for me eg,

1. I have no in hand reviews of a production piece. I don't buy from new 3rd party companies without that knowledge.

2. Once international shipping and customs charges are added the price difference between the FT one will be negligible.

3. I can't get it from the UK dealers that offer the best pricing.

Skyfire is also somewhere in the lower reaches of my top 20 most wanted characters, I don't need to gamble my cash on a very limited edition product from an unknown quantity when I know a perfectly acceptable one that'll be easier and possibly cheaper for me to obtain will come along sometime in the next couple of years once FT put theirs into production.

Quakewave redefined what all high end Transformers should be aiming for in terms of build quality and that knowledge is worth a lot more to me than a few prototype images and some good intentions.

The fact that they also junked an entire production run of a clear Quakewave variant because it didn't meet their standards also leads me to believe they won't drop the ball with their QC.

understand how you feel,but I say....Don't buy it and then miss out! (there is only going to be ONE run) Seems alot of folks are jumping on board after the new reveal.He also has a surprise to reveal.not sure if its a bonus feature for Kronos or another new figure

understand how you feel,but I say....Don't buy it and then miss out! (there is only going to be ONE run) Seems alot of folks are jumping on board after the new reveal.He also has a surprise to reveal.not sure if its a bonus feature for Kronos or another new figure

Don't get me wrong, I want Daca Toys to deliver because another 3rd party making Masterpiece quality Transformers is definitely a good thing as it keeps Takara and FT on their toes and gives us all another quality option.

It's just that when it's the least viable option for me to buy here in the UK I can't get too enthusiastic about it. I hope it's everything you're expecting.

The suprise will be intresting. I wonder if it'll be a minifigure of Prime to fit in Skyfire's cockpit?

Is there a fan favorite that hasn't already been teased or released by either Hasbro/Takara or 3P? I'd like to see a toon accurate Galvatron.

Back