All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly hope there is some truth to the rumors of NECA making some new RoboCop stuff. I don't see why not...they've basically re-done just about everything McFarlane ever did, arguably for the better....Aliens, Predators, Terminators.....now it should be Murphy's turn!!

If we got a 6-7 inch scale ED 209 that would be a dream come true. I never got the Hot Toys version....just too damn BIG. And the Kotobukiya one is awesome...just too damn SMALL! If NECA made it, it could be juuuuuuust right.

Also, NECA likes variants on the main characters....battle damaged Robo? No helmet version? Flight pack? Make it so NECA....make it so!!!

And dare we dream of a properly scaled Robo-Cain to go with them??

In the meantime, the Figma Robo from Japan looks interesting as well....gotta keep my eye on that one...

Hi all, I've lost my Hot Toys Robocop MMS 10 (original version) instruction manual. I'd really appreciate it if somebody could send me a copy or give a link where I can find it.
Many thanks in advance,
Nesar

My domes are $120 for boardies shipped. Make it first and then make a claim for the $$$.

If it was that easy to make I would have sold it for less but I do value my time, costs of materials, and the fumes I am exposed to doing it from the resin to the crazy glue. Sometimes I have to do the fabric 3 times to get it perfect as I like it.

Considering I have seen Eds sell for $600-$1100...... I priced it for what I would pay for it.

I haven't seen one of your domes, so I'm not saying they're low quality or that you don't work hard. They might be pretty cool. However, with the correct experience and methods, dome replicas are fairly easy to make. That's a fact. The prices I mentioned are spot on, and anyone experienced in using modern materials for practical special FX fabrication will say the same.

Last edited:
I haven't seen one of your domes, so I'm not saying they're low quality or that you don't work hard. However, with the correct experience and methods, dome replicas are fairly easy to make. That's a fact. The prices I mentioned are spot on, and anyone experienced in using modern materials for practical special FX fabrication will say the same.

Anything is easy if you have experience and have done it a few times. :wink1::wink1::wink1::wink1:

Also those experienced people that create stuff and sell it (BobbyC) also charge whatever they want ($1,000 for a Joker head) and people buy it if they want or need it. The cost of making that joker head for BobbyC wasn't more then $25.00 a head.

Its easy for someone to sit there on the sideline and say why don't I cast the DX head put 2 glass eyes in it and ad real hair and sell it for $500. (thats not what BC did so don't think I'm talking crap)

I didn't cast these domes from the original ED-209. I made it from scratch. I don't know what your point is of saying I'm charging to much because you would sell it cheaper. Then do it.

"That's a fact. The prices I mentioned are spot on, and anyone experienced in using modern materials for practical special FX fabrication will say the same."
:slap:slap:slap There isn't a ton of those people on this forum because they are WORKING in a FX studio!!

Wow, I just followed the link to your replacement dome auction and I have to say it looks amazing! I imagine people with an eye for quality have no problem paying $140 shipped for it. If I had an ED I'd pick one up just in case.
Awesome work!
:duff

I'm done after this one.

Example similar to dome fabrication:

Here's a super-stretchy rubber piece I threw together quickly. The guy reacting to it is our own SilentSurfer, my step-brother. He and I had the idea, in this case our heads getting bitten off on the Jurassic park ride, and I manufactured a couple pieces for us.
neckhat.jpg

And the method, sculpture to casting:
retard.jpg

Easy. I think we caused them to invent some new theme park protocols though.

Last edited:
I'm done after this one.

Example similar to dome fabrication:

Here's a super-stretchy rubber piece I threw together quickly. The guy reacting to it is our own SilentSurfer, my step-brother. He and I had the idea, in this case our heads getting bitten off on the Jurassic park ride, and I manufactured a couple pieces for us.
neckhat.jpg

And the method, sculpture to casting:
retard.jpg

Easy. I think we caused them to invent some new theme park protocols though.

Thats funny!!!! Back to the point you are trying to make, its cheap and easy if you have experience. I however made these out of black resin base and covered it with speaker fabric. These should last at least 30 plus years.

I posted this in the Robocop bust thread, but it deserves to also be here, and in every other thread for that matter.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kWdA9kIOQCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was classic! I never expected to see that, I was under the impression Peter Weller wasn't all that fond of Robocop.

From this video, it looks like he is pretty proud of it. Maybe he didn't like that he was only known for that role.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EMlYv0DmEf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope he has loosened up on the likeness rights so we can finally get some proper figures....if any company is willing. Hopefully Prefused is wrong about how companies perceive the demand for Robocop stuff. If the rumours are true about NECA returning to Robocop I wonder is that because they've secured his likeness. It'd be another great coup just like finally getting T1 figures with proper likenesses.

Yeah we were always able to get passable helmeted Robocops but the one thing thats always been missing is a full-on Battle-damaged one.

That is really awesome, love that scene specific poster art.

From this video, it looks like he is pretty proud of it. Maybe he didn't like that he was only known for that role.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EMlYv0DmEf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was a pleasure to watch :clap Thanks for posting it.

Robocop is one of the greatest characters in the history of Science Fiction films.

I dont know if this is the wright thread but a few weeks ago i bought a Robocop helmet vinyl model.
It was on Ebay where i found it.

I am not that good for mixing some collors for the perfect robocop collor. So please give me some
tips for the paint(collars and mixing). What do you suggest for the good painting?

This is the vinyl kit;

dsc00241ny.jpg

dsc00242dj.jpg

dsc00243y.jpg

Last edited:
My ED 209 rotten rubber dome:
eddome002.jpg

rubber removed:
eddome004.jpg

new dome (thank you Ashkanls) installed, perfect fit:
eddome005.jpg

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaa et voilà: :yess: