All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, does anyone out there have the Hot Toys- Robo Cop 3 Sideshow exclusive gun arm version (not the flightpack), trying to locate one for reference.

i just got one :yess:!

P1040540.jpg

P1040541.jpg

P1040542.jpg

P1040543.jpg

P1040544.jpg

P1040545.jpg

P1040547.jpg

P1040549.jpg

P1040550.jpg

Aside from the different head w/removable helmet, the paint seems to be more blue on the jetpack version. Is this the flash making it look more pronounced? Can you take a photo w/o flash?

Aside from the different head w/removable helmet, the paint seems to be more blue on the jetpack version. Is this the flash making it look more pronounced? Can you take a photo w/o flash?

It is more blue. Without a doubt. It also has a more glossy finish.
It is night time here. i should wait until daylight for a flashless picture.

Luscious Pics. I miss my flight pack version. I still have the regular, but flight pack is the bees knees as far as I am concerned.

Luscious Pics. I miss my flight pack version. I still have the regular, but flight pack is the bees knees as far as I am concerned.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Though the likeness isn't perfect, the removable helmet is also cool too. It's one of those little Easter eggs regarding the figure.

Ah Robocop, great stuff.

I actually just bought the 18" NECA Robocop, MIB at a convention last weekend, I'm pretty impressed with it. I saw it, and didn't really think much of it. The vendor had it for 50 bucks, but I wasn't sure I wanted it. Towards the end of the day I decided I didn't want to leave the place empty handed so I went back and offered him 40. Glad I did because he accepted it and Ibought it.

I wasn't expecting much but opening it up, it's very cool. Really surprised how articulated it is. Only gripe I have is the missing compartment in the leg, but I didn't expect it to have that anyway.

It's a nice piece. Solid, sturdy, one of the better buys I've had in awhile. The motion activated quotes are a nice touch too.

So lets see, I have this NECA version, the McFarlane 7", the 12" BD Mcfarlane, and three of this one nice 5" action figure (I don’t think it’s Kenner?). It has the blade that comes out of his hand, a removable helmet (damaged and non damaged) with Murphy underneath, two removable chest plates (damaged and non damaged) and of course his pistol. Not sure what line it's from, but it's pretty good.

I'd of course LOVE to own a Hot Toys version to really round out my Robo collection but the price kills it for me. I mean I can afford it but I don't feel comfortable throwing down that much on a figure. I actually had a chance at winning the Robocop 3 flight pack version for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but instead I chose Sideshow Boromir. :rotfl Major fail on my part but eh, I only like the first Robocop anyway.

Ah Robocop, great stuff.

I actually just bought the 18" NECA Robocop, MIB at a convention last weekend, I'm pretty impressed with it. I saw it, and didn't really think much of it. The vendor had it for 50 bucks, but I wasn't sure I wanted it. Towards the end of the day I decided I didn't want to leave the place empty handed so I went back and offered him 40. Glad I did because he accepted it and Ibought it.

I wasn't expecting much but opening it up, it's very cool. Really surprised how articulated it is. Only gripe I have is the missing compartment in the leg, but I didn't expect it to have that anyway.

It's a nice piece. Solid, sturdy, one of the better buys I've had in awhile. The motion activated quotes are a nice touch too.

So lets see, I have this NECA version, the McFarlane 7", the 12" BD Mcfarlane, and three of this one nice 5" action figure (I don’t think it’s Kenner?). It has the blade that comes out of his hand, a removable helmet (damaged and non damaged) with Murphy underneath, two removable chest plates (damaged and non damaged) and of course his pistol. Not sure what line it's from, but it's pretty good.

I'd of course LOVE to own a Hot Toys version to really round out my Robo collection but the price kills it for me. I mean I can afford it but I don't feel comfortable throwing down that much on a figure. I actually had a chance at winning the Robocop 3 flight pack version for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but instead I chose Sideshow Boromir. :rotfl Major fail on my part but eh, I only like the first Robocop anyway.

Actually, the good news is, if you buy one and still feel the same after opening it (which you probably won't), you can drop it back on the bay and get your $$$ back. If I didn't already have one, I'd easily drop the cash to get him at his going rate. He's worth it IMHO.

Screen accurate or not, it's backwards. :huh

Well i'm not so sure about that, and i'll explain why.

-The movie has the mag facing backwards
-The Kotobukiya version has it facing backwards
-The sideshow website has pictures of the mag facing backwards
-The hot toys Robocop 3 gunarm box has 4 pictures of it 3 are facing backwards, only 1 is facing forward.
-The hot toys Robocop 3 flight pack box has 5 pictures of it, all of them have the mag facing backwards.

how can you be so sure the mag should be pointing the other way around when everything else point to the contrary?

66294_512x288_generated__uMWoXXZrrEy7H4VL0KDy9A.jpg

koto+robo3.jpg

6328_press01-001.jpg

6328_press02-001.jpg

Actually, the good news is, if you buy one and still feel the same after opening it (which you probably won't), you can drop it back on the bay and get your $$$ back. If I didn't already have one, I'd easily drop the cash to get him at his going rate. He's worth it IMHO.

Oh I know. That's exactly what I'm afraid of though, deciding that I like it and KEEPING it at THAT price. That's why I'm keeping my distance (that, and it has rubber).

I can tell you right now that I wouldn't sell it after buying it on the secondary market, no matter what I paid. Compulsions are a strange thing. On one hand I'd enjoy the ____ out of owning it, on the other I'd be mad and upset with myself for paying that much for it.

Well i'm not so sure about that, and i'll explain why.

-The movie has the mag facing backwards
-The Kotobukiya version has it facing backwards
-The sideshow website has pictures of the mag facing backwards
-The hot toys Robocop 3 gunarm box has 4 pictures of it 3 are facing backwards, only 1 is facing forward.
-The hot toys Robocop 3 flight pack box has 5 pictures of it, all of them have the mag facing backwards.

how can you be so sure the mag should be pointing the other way around when everything else point to the contrary?

66294_512x288_generated__uMWoXXZrrEy7H4VL0KDy9A.jpg

koto+robo3.jpg

6328_press01-001.jpg

6328_press02-001.jpg

First, I admitted to it being screen accurate backwards, but it's still backwards. Great if you're firing piro, but not so much if you're firing real bullets. How do I know? It's a Kalashnokov magazine. ;)

Oh I know. That's exactly what I'm afraid of though, deciding that I like it and KEEPING it at THAT price. That's why I'm keeping my distance (that, and it has rubber).

I can tell you right now that I wouldn't sell it after buying it on the secondary market, no matter what I paid. Compulsions are a strange thing. On one hand I'd enjoy the ____ out of owning it, on the other I'd be mad and upset with myself for paying that much for it.

I wouldn't worry about the "rubber." I get panicked every time I hear of it cracking, but it's different than the ED-209 rubber screen and every time there's a thread that pops up about Robo himself cracking, there are other properties that led to it. I've owned mine since it first shipped and have zero problems.

First, I admitted to it being screen accurate backwards, but it's still backwards. Great if you're firing piro, but not so much if you're firing real bullets. How do I know? It's a Kalashnokov magazine. ;)

Well isn't that a whole different discussion?
Seeing how i will never fire this thing in real life (honest), i'll keep to the screen and box accuracy.
The way i interpreted your post, was you saying that i did not use the correct movie/toy pose for it.

I'm not gonna debate real life accuracy about fictional movie/toy stuff. That's just a way a way to slippery slope for me (people can get religious about their stuff). Round goes to you my friend ;).

Well isn't that a whole different discussion?
Seeing how i will never fire this thing in real life (honest), i'll keep to the screen and box accuracy.
The way i interpreted your post, was you saying that i did not use the correct movie/toy pose for it.

I'm not gonna debate real life accuracy about fictional movie/toy stuff. That's just a way a way to slippery slope for me (people can get religious about their stuff). Round goes to you my friend ;).

Actually, goes to you. I was just pointing out an observation. I put mine facing forward and actually think it looks more gnarly. But you win 'cause if you're happy with how it looks, more power to ya! :D

it's not backwords. it's a suicide gun. :lol

I looked for an image of the Polish handgun but I couldn't find it. :(

Suicide is the Coolest!

All the kids are doing it!

Shhhhhh! Some Spawn.com refugee might take you seriously. :tap

Back