All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we just accept that we buy our action figure for different reasons and move on? Seriously, while I respect your opinion Bezzerker, it doesn't matter how much you post about it. On this board you will never win a debate concerning Mezco and McFarlane over Sideshow and Hot Toys. Maybe on the Spawn board, but not here. I'm not saying you are wrong in your opinion, just that you will never convince people here (maybe one here and there, but never a majority). All that will happen is that you will be more and more disliked on the board.

Just a friendly piece of advice.

This Hot Toys has NOTHING on the McFarlane.

tell me what the Hot Toys does better than McFarlane, and I'll hear you out.
the ht figure is much more accurate, the head is the right size and shape instead of being round and stubby, the chest and shoulders are in proportion, it has a working leg holster, a better and more consistent paint app, more accessories, and is far more posable.
Otherwise, it's BRUTALLY overpriced, when you can have the same figure for less.
both are overpriced. then again, i paid $70 for my ht robo and $12 for my mcfarlane one.
i lke both for different reasons, but they are by no means "the same figure".
and since i have both and you don't, i'm taking my word over yours.

Can we just accept that we buy our action figure for different reasons and move on? Seriously, while I respect your opinion Bezzerker, it doesn't matter how much you post about it. On this board you will never win a debate concerning Mezco and McFarlane over Sideshow and Hot Toys. Maybe on the Spawn board, but not here. I'm not saying you are wrong in your opinion, just that you will never convince people here (maybe one here and there, but never a majority). All that will happen is that you will be more and more disliked on the board.

Just a friendly piece of advice.

I appreciate the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I'm kinda torn up about what you said. I really do feel like the Mcfarlane face is more accurate. But I can't say it has similar paint jobs. The pain app is good on the Mcfarlane BD but it lacks the shine and smoothness of the HT version and HT paint has a chameleon effect under certain lighting. I didn't pay $400 for the HT Robo and doubt I ever would. About $165 wasn't too bad and with a working holster and spiked hand...it was totally worth it.

I can't agree with you downplaying the HT Robo because I love it...buuuuuuut I totally agree that The Mcfarlane is way more of a Bang for the Buck than the HT Robo. I paid $20 bucks New for the Mcfarlane and it was the best $20 I've ever spent. :D

you sir, are a very sensible human being.

Spkied hand & working holster are great features.

Sorry pisan! McFarlane has all kinds of wrong going on with the sculpting compared to Hot Toys.

to be honest the McFarlane 12" battle damaged is my favotire Robocop figure ever ... Specifically the Lips & face, it Peter Weller dead on.

better than PF, 18" NECA, and Hot Toys (either version)

The only one that is close is the Mcfarlane 7" lol

Sorry, but I cannot say that for any of the figures perviously mentioned.

to be honest the McFarlane 12" battle damaged is my favotire Robocop figure ever ... Specifically the Lips & face, it Peter Weller dead on.

better than PF, 18" NECA, and Hot Toys (either version)

The only one that is close is the Mcfarlane 7" lol

Sorry, but I cannot say that for any of the figures perviously mentioned.

For the most accurate sculpt overall, Neca 18inch is the king so far.
Hot Toys wins for second best sculpt with the best paint applications and fully functional.
McFarlane is not bad but, there is lots wrong with the helmet and overall sculpt of the body in both versions released, the left hand(fist) is the most stupidest thing i have seen on a RoboCop figure...really takes away from having a good pose with these figures,also paint on McF is not that great and they never made a ED-209 = Fail, considering their 12inch is based off his fight with ED-209.

18" NECA never did it for me.

I wanted to buy it, but I really disliked the space between the torso and the shoulders, very unnatural, the face could have been better.

When i bought the McFarlane the 18" NECA was right next to it, same price 6" bigger and I still went with the 12" Mc.

as far as the McFarlane's fist: he's Clenching the Fists of Dissent (for all my fellow metal heads)

18" NECA never did it for me.

I wanted to buy it, but I really disliked the space between the torso and the shoulders, very unnatural, the face could have been better.

When i bought the McFarlane the 18" NECA was right next to it, same price 6" bigger and I still went with the 12" Mc.

as far as the McFarlane's fist: he's Clenching the Fists of Dissent (for all my fellow metal heads)

You mean mallcore metal heads..Machinehead are a fail as well.:rolleyes::lol

Bah, i am just joking around..we all like what we like and have our reasons, just McFarlane Robo to me looks more like a comic or video game version of him.I could have picked up the 12inch McF Robo on sale for $10 because it had a slightly dented box..still had to pass on it..just can't get a cool pose out of it.

you sir, know nothing about HEAVY METAL music

who's in your CD PLAYEr, Black Daliah Murder?

LMAO!!..go search my name in the "what are you listening to" thread and listen to all the metal i like in there..only then you will see, i don't hang out in front of Hot Topic.

LMAO!!..go search my name in the "what are you listening to" thread and listen to all the metal i like in there..only then you will see, i don't hang out in front of Hot Topic.

I didn't search but Im assuming you're a hipster. Any metal head is a good metal head.

But bashing of Machine Head, Pantera, Lamb of God & BODOM won;t be tollerated :lsvader

I didn't search but Im assuming you're a hipster. Any metal head is a good metal head.

But bashing of Machine Head, Pantera, Lamb of God & BODOM won;t be tollerated :lsvader

I've seen Lamb of God way back, and they sucked..Moonsorrow,Windir,Amon Amarth,Summoning,Bathory,Nokturnal Mortum,Kampfar,Opeth,Turisas,older Dimmu Borgir,Enslaved,Borknagar,Ensiferum are good bands!! and list goes on..

I grew out of that trailer park Pantera metal long time ago.

HOT TOYS FTW!!!
McFARLANE SUCKS!!!

Just joking, but the McFarlane head is too rounded imo, the HT & Neca heads are the correct shape.

Blah...just moved about a month ago and dug out my old McFarlane Robocop to put back on display. The SOB's arm broke off at some point during the move. :mad:

The McF Robo is just bad like that. Mine fell off as well so I had to super glue it...

you sir, know nothing about HEAVY METAL music

who's in your CD PLAYEr, Black Daliah Murder?

Nothing wrong with some Black Dahlia...

Lamb of God was good for the first 2 albums then redundant and boring after that...

I've seen Lamb of God way back, and they sucked..Moonsorrow,Windir,Amon Amarth,Summoning,Bathory,Nokturnal Mortum,Kampfar,Opeth,Turisas,older Dimmu Borgir,Enslaved,Borknagar,Ensiferum are good bands!! and list goes on..

I grew out of that trailer park Pantera metal long time ago.

Valfar,

can i call it ... or can i call it? I knew you were a hipster by taking one look at your Avatar.

trailer park metal, YEAHm coming from a guy who listens to OPETH, dude they are really bad.

Dimmu is the only band you mentioned worth a POOP

Last edited:
The McF Robo is just bad like that. Mine fell off as well so I had to super glue it...

Nothing wrong with some Black Dahlia...

Lamb of God was good for the first 2 albums then redundant and boring after that...

Do yourself a favor and listen to the albums "SACRAMENT" and "WRATH" by Lamb of God on YOUTUBE ... far from redundant & boring.

I've been to hundreds of metal shows and Black Dahlia was BY FAR THE WORST BAND i've ever seen ... utter embarassment.

ValSpar,

can i call it or can i call it.

HIPSTER metal at its worst.

You strike me as the guy who acts unique, just to be unique.

How are the bands i like Hipster metal?..real good metal only comes from Europe..you obviously know nothing about metal music at all.

I will not debate this with you...continue listening to Machinehead and rockin your mallcore attire, i bet you love the Hardy Boys from WWE as well LOL!.

Just so happends i like bands that are good, and from Europe where Metal has a larger fan base then over here and they have much more talent there as well.The difference is, over there they have passion for making good music and use various classical insturments in their music to reflect where they hail from,if its folk metal that is.I will say DimeBag was a pretty good guitarist but, that band is trash..always was, especially Phill...Europe is light years ahead of North America in showcasing diverse bands and talent level exceeds double compared to bands like ^^^^^knot and Godsmack etc..that stuff is pure mallcore garbage IMO.

And for the record..i have never heard of this Black Dahlia band.

Ok, how old are you Bezzerker?..where is your pic?.For a good 7 years of my life i had long black hair down to my ass and i have pics to prove that.I went to many metal shows in my teenage years and during my early twenties, i even play guitar and some drums and keys.I bet you are one of those shaved head jock guys that look utterly lame trying to headbang in a mosh pit,and because there is no hair... its a Fail.

Now back to anything RoboCop...

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and listen to the albums "SACRAMENT" and "WRATH" by Lamb of God on YOUTUBE ... far from redundant & boring.

I've been to hundreds of metal shows and Black Dahlia was BY FAR THE WORST BAND i've ever seen ... utter embarassment.

Oh, I've heard Sacrament and Wrath a few times and they were nowhere near as good as New American Gospel and As the Palaces Burn...

I can't speak for Black Dahlia live as I've never seen them, though I do really like the CD's they've put out, Miasma and Nocturnal especially...

Oh, I've heard Sacrament and Wrath a few times and they were nowhere near as good as New American Gospel and As the Palaces Burn...

I can't speak for Black Dahlia live as I've never seen them, though I do really like the CD's they've put out, Miasma and Nocturnal especially...

that's cool ...to each his or her own.

to be honest, i've seen them once, maybe it was an off night, don't own any of their albums.

Back