All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for the elite status owning this figure brings... I derive all meaning about myself and the world around me from how much more I can have than others :lecture

:lol :lol :lol

Glad we're all catching on now :lol

I'd actually love to see a DX, especially if we got an accurate looking Weller reveal.

That would be the ideal but if they couldn't get his likeness rights I'd happily settle for a BD Robocop as he appears up until that point of removing his helmet. It just baffles me that the only BD robocop we have is the McFarlane one.

I'd be down adding a BD the collection... that would really be pretty awesome.

Still need Boddicker though. A while back Spenser expressed some interest in sculpting him. Might be time to bug him again see if its still on the table.

Probably should be... I have a bad feeling that a remake of Robocop would be awful.

At the very least they'd make him look different which would be unfortunate.

hot toys could base a new dx robocop on the battle damaged iron man-removeable BD/non chest plates/helmets,metallic paint etc-it would look great!

it's "on hold" until MGM pulls their heads out of their asses and quits trying to force the director to film it in 3D.

and i dare you to find a poorly reviewed Darren Aronovsky movie.

and i dare you to find a poorly reviewed Darren Aronovsky movie.

True, but this could easily be his first... remakes tend to be dissapointing no matter who is involved. Robocop to me is a great example of a right place, right time kind of movie.

I'm doubtful even a great director would be able to get a reboot right. Hope I'm wrong, but 9 times out of 10 these are ____.

True, but this could easily be his first... remakes tend to be dissapointing no matter who is involved. Robocop to me is a great example of a right place, right time kind of movie.

I'm doubtful even a great director would be able to get a reboot right. Hope I'm wrong, but 9 times out of 10 these are ____.

WTF?! They're remaking this flick too?! :slap

well, they're MAYBE gonna remake it. it's not like this was ever definite.
Aronovsky is very picky about the filming tech he uses and MGM thinks he should forget about that and make another 3D Avatar-style mega blockbuster.
i doubt either will change their minds before they move on to something else.

i'm not totally against remakes in general as long as they're well done.
but, they usually end up as tacky cash-grabs made for a built in audience and that sounds like what MGM wants.
clearly, they've never seen an Aronovsky film before. he wants to make a great movie. and for now, the studio is in his way.

well, they're MAYBE gonna remake it. it's not like this was ever definite.
Aronovsky is very picky about the filming tech he uses and MGM thinks he should forget about that and make another 3D Avatar-style mega blockbuster.
i doubt either will change their minds before they move on to something else.

i'm not totally against remakes in general as long as they're well done.
but, they usually end up as tacky cash-grabs made for a built in audience and that sounds like what MGM wants.
clearly, they've never seen an Aronovsky film before. he wants to make a great movie. and for now, the studio is in his way.

If Aronovsky won't do it, MGM will find someone who will if they're set on doing it.

If they do remake which they probably will as the current trnd is going that way it will be interesting to see what they do with it and I'll keep an open mind.

I reckon it will be ok for a new generation, but for the peter weller fans like me it can't be as good as the original.

Dead or alive your coming with me..........clarence!!!!!

Back