All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im planning on getting them for sure, have GOTG fever lol

Interested to hear your thoughts on them when you get them kp404!

You know, it seems I'm always behind with Marvel Legends.

My definitive X-Men team was the Jim Lee era group. I tried collecting Marvel Legends during the Toy Biz days to build the team but between some very bad sculpts (Gambit, Psylocke, Cyclops, Archangel) and notable omissions like Jean Grey, I never completed the team.

Fast forward to Marvel Select. I thought they would start and finish the core team. They produced excellent villains like Magneto, Juggernaut, and Sabretooth along with a great Gambit and Colossus but they stopped and never started again.

Lastly, Hasbro. A few years ago, I heard they produced a Jean Grey and Archangel but I wasn't getting fooled for a 3rd time. I wasn't going to start trying to build the Jim Lee era team again only to be disappointed. Recently, I was online and noticed a very classic brown costume Wolverine along with Rogue. Of course, shortly thereafter, I see a Jim Lee designed Cyclops will soon be released.

Now what? I know Archangel and Jean are long sold out and each fetch nearly $100 each on eBay. I can't find Rogue or Wolverine anywhere locally. Do I even start looking for Cyclops to have one lone Lee era X-Men?
Are any more X-Men in the works? Professor X, Psylocke, Storm ... etc?
Any thoughts?

Oh, I even forgot, I even tried building the Lee era team with Marvel Universe but never found a Jean or Rogue boxset either!

Rogue is the easiest to find and Wolverine is still going for ok prices online; I'm thinking that its been so long since they've done a Professor X figure, its probably time. Jean Grey and Archangel are the only ones that are truly hard to find for less than $100 today. I'm looking for those two as well since I'm building a Jim Lee display too. Psylocke? I don't know

if you want the latest brown costume Wolvie, get him while you still can! I've noticed he's starting to spike up in price all of a sudden, and deservedly so since he's a fantastic figure.

I managed to snag a GOTG series one rocket at Target yesterday, crazy to me that these are surfacing at Targets lately. Does anyone know if they produced more, or are these leftovers that were sitting in a distribution center or something?

I already have a rocket on display, but couldnt resist the extra to keep in the package, he displays so well in the box with groot's head and all.

Thanks for the replies back.

You're right. It seems eBay prices for Wolverine a few months ago were around the $20 mark. Now, they've nearly doubled!

So, I guess I can forget all about completing this team since Archangel and Jean are way out of reach. My best bet now would just try and make a blue team of Cyclops, Wolverine and Rogue. Hopefully, I can still find a couple of Wolverines and Rogues locally (1 to display, 1 to keep MOC)

Right on man! Just keep an eye out, sometimes loose auctions come up with decent buy-it-nows if you get lucky enough to catch em. There's been a few versions of the Lee style Archangel too I think. X-Men classics Archangel is nice and goes for less than the Hasbro legends version I think.

You should be able to find Rouge in stores without too much trouble, but Wolverine might be kinda tough. I scour targets, Walmarts and Toys-r-us's constantly (and there's a lot of them in my area) and I've only seen Wolverine once in the wild. Good luck on the hunt!

Ive had a hard time finding any of the new xmen wave. Came across a few one time at Target and picked up Shatterstar (they only had him, Dazzler, Sunfire & Polaris). I wish I woulda just grabbed Dazzler and Sunfire then adn there, but Im sure they'll be around in droves eventually..

Target had a deal for X-Men. Exclusive rights for the first couple weeks. They should be hitting the rest of the stores on the15th of this month.

As for the GOTG wave 1. It looks like Target may have had some or ordered more for the movie. Stupid thing is they are $24.

Also Hasbo said only X men wave this year is Warlock. It looks to be another popular wave as they also said Juggernaut was Hasbros best selling legends wave ever. With that and this wave getting hype also I assume Hasbro is already in the works for a couple waves next year. I believe they also said maybe a Deadpool wave is happening next year.

And last thing there is a Psylocke(x force) in the SDCC 3 pack from a few years ago and the Toy biz one also. SDCC is super pricey but I Wouldn't doubt we see her in original Jim Lee outfit soon along with Gambit and other highly loved figures.

Yeah. It's actually fun looking online for good deals on eBay or other sites ... it just gets slightly frustrating when you never turn up a decent deal. Now, practically every Wolverine is Buy It Now of $40 or more. No way can I justify that.

Right now, even if I did get Wolverine, Rogue, and Cyclops, I'd still be missing Jean and Archangel. Also, from what I've read on here, it's only one X-Men themed wave per year so it would be another full year before having a chance to add 1 or more characters to the line-up.

Eh, figures are fun and present a sense of nostalgia but I'm not going to stress over it. If I find a good deal, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, I'll just wait. Besides all that, I still have my original 1992-93 ToyBiz X-Men figures which are still some of the very best out there.
Cyclops II, Wolverine II & III, Professor X, Bishop, Cable, Apocalypse II, Magneto II, Mr. Sinister ... the list goes on and one. Now those were some great sculpts and nearly complete teams.

It's a good way to look at it bud, just be casual about it, the main characters will always get remade eventually & it's easy to get sucked in to paying too much for these.

I'm dying for a Gladiator from the Thanos SDCC set, but he goes for around $80 and It's just way too stupid to pay that much for a single ML figure..

I knew that a dude with a user name like yours would get the casual and laid back attitude of collecting.

Cool! I didn't know they made a Gladiator! I have the Marvel Universe version and he's pretty neat ... maybe too dark purple. Wow, for $80 you can get a Q-scale NECA TMNT figure whose 1 arm is about the plastic equivalent of an entire ML figure. lol

haha yeah Im pretty laid back about everything bro!

Oh yeah he came in the "Thanos Imperative" set which came out when I was taking a break from collecting. Really nice set with Black Bolt, Medusa, Star Lord, Gladiator, and Blastaar. Ugh I wish I had it as Im all about the cosmic characters, but oh well!

And yeah you're right, way rather put the $80 to a NECA 1/4 scale figure. Those are by far the best value out there these days, the TMNT figures, Deadpool, Freddy, Aliens & predators, all are just so incredibly well done and beautiful figures for less the half the cost of the 1/6 guys.

Cool! That sounds like a really awesome set! I'll look for some pics online later. Really curious to see what Gladiator looks like.

Without deviating too much from the Marvel figures topic, I'd say that NECA figures are most definitely the best figure value out there. For $20 bucks, you can get a nicely detailed standard figure. For $25 bucks, you can get an ultimate figure, and for $100 a fantastic 1/4 figure. Can't beat those prices ... especially since they have all have such great sculpts. Couple that with often-available promo codes, you can usually get a NECA figure for 20-30% of MSRP making them an even better deal!

Still, Hasbro is fun for grabbing your favorite MU characters or even Star Wars. Mattel is the same way, just got a DKR armored Batman and Mutant Leader and they're pretty awesome. But, overall, I'd say NECA wins for best sculpts and value.

Don't get me started on imports like SF Figuarts. Now, those are crazy prices. I wanted a SF Harley until I found out they are $60 MSRP!!! No thanks, they can keep it! lol

Only thing holding NECA back is their quality control, 1/4 figures have legs that warp from their weight and their 7" figures crumble like cookies in milk sometimes.

But this whole new trend of $80-$100 6" figures is a big HOLY CRAP!

I swear I want to travel back in time to 1983 just to tell parents that 6" action figures will be $100 in 2017 just to see their faces lol.

I agree with ya man! NECA is the best for me.

The QC can leave a little to be desired sometimes on their stuff, but the detail, character choices, and prices more than make up for that for me. I'm nuts over their Aliens and Predator lines, so far I have managed to get every figure except that SDCC Newt (maybe someday I'll get her, but not at $100).

jye, we need some more turntable videos bro!

Anyone having any luck finding the Old man Logan wave of ML's in the wild, seems to be a big crap shoot...

I agree with ya man! NECA is the best for me.

The QC can leave a little to be desired sometimes on their stuff, but the detail, character choices, and prices more than make up for that for me. I'm nuts over their Aliens and Predator lines, so far I have managed to get every figure except that SDCC Newt (maybe someday I'll get her, but not at $100).

jye, we need some more turntable videos bro!

I ran out of figures lol

Good reason to buy more.

Anyone having any luck finding the Old man Logan wave of ML's in the wild, seems to be a big crap shoot...

A friend at a retail store told me that the scalpers pay off the retail workers and walk out with all of the unopened cases, straight to Evilbay they go.

A friend at a retail store told me that the scalpers pay off the retail workers and walk out with all of the unopened cases, straight to Evilbay they go.

Seems to be the case, no big deal, not going to go into a big rant about how that's not right, I can wait for them to show at BBTS:impatient:

On a side note, got some vintage Mego 12" Spider-Man figures coming in soon, been wanting that for a while.

Back