All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad I actually started in 1990 due to my love for Marvel comics and the scarcity of Marvel products

Slide1.JPG

Both doom and surfer look worst then the figures that came out last year (doom) and the year prior as a Walgreens exclusive (eg silver surfer). I know its supposed be classic versions but regardless the other two till look way better then these

Now that I think about

It?s kinda weird how accepting and inclusive I?ve been all my life in regards to the little things

I should practice that philosophy on the bigger stuff that shouldn?t mean ANYTHING at all on the grand scheme of things.

This hobby of mine teaches me how to deal with idiots better. I never complain about the product, I wish I was this care free with other nuisances and trivial **** that means NOTHING

Just because someone else is miserable in life and needs to put me down doesn?t mean I have to fix their problems for them.

Curse this co dependence. They should just stay miserable and I?ll stay HAPPY with my collection.

Well I?ve been collecting Marvel Legends since 2002, I don?t see how that makes it a fad. It?s only a fad for the newcomers, and personally I don?t give a **** what people do with their collections, that?s their business.

It?s obviously a hobby for me something I enjoy doing. Don?t need someone?s permission or opinion on it I think I have better experience with it than most.

Not sure if this was directed at me for my comment about people following trends. I wasn't really referring to anyone who posts on here, as everyone here is most likely a fan for the long haul. I've been into this stuff since birth. And hopefully will continue to till the day I die.

My point was MANY people follow fads and like to be into what's trending. The whole meaning of pop culture. The problem of why it becomes hard to be able to buy the stuff WE hardcore for decades fans like. But those people eventually go away as the next "IT" thing becomes the new trend. Look at Harry potter for example... It was crazy popular for years, and has since died down to mainly the hardcore fans.

No different with sports. I get annoyed when people like new teams every few years, so they can say they like teams that are good rather than following a team that sucks.

Most fans will tell you when something becomes super popular it takes some of the fun away from those who were into collecting for years.. I went to nearly every NYCC till it became a **** show and everything was waiting in lines for hours, and rushing to buy ticket online and needing to pre register. I stopped going. Was no longer fun but more frustrating.

A fad is not a trend so if you didn?t mention a fad I?m not talking in regards to you. I don?t have time to debate this nonsense.

fad
/fad/
noun
an intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived and without basis in the object's qualities; a craze.
"prairie restoration is the latest gardening fad in the Midwest"

Trend is fashion and vapid.

Both doom and surfer look worst then the figures that came out last year (doom) and the year prior as a Walgreens exclusive (eg silver surfer). I know its supposed be classic versions but regardless the other two till look way better then these

Are you talking about the pic Rulk posted? That one's the original figures from 1991. I fricking LOVED that Doom and SS - I always wanted that Hulk so badly but my family were too poor :(

The Hasbro Team teased Rogue's glove so the team may re-release a BEST OF wave to coincide with the HASLAB Sentinels.

Usually they offer overseas case assortments for these types of re-releases.

There was a listing discovered on the Australian distributor Creative wholesale website for what is listed as a "Best of X-Men Marvel Legends wave". The wave will consist of 7 to be announced figures and a Build-A-Figure.

Hopefully we get a Rogue and Blue beast reiussue in this set.

Anyone have an idea on what that special BAF tease was at the end (the back scratcher?)

I have no idea what it could be.

it MUST be Stilt-man. There's no-one else I can even think it would be, and the back-scratcher looks perfect for a stilt.

So how quickly do the exclusives usually sell out on Hasbro Pulse? Really want that Logan 2 pack.

Normally, minutes at best. With 100% of the stock now not going to the con, it’s anyone’s guess. Hopefully they’ve made plenty of everything.

Wow. I completely forgot about that cyborg look. That was from the 90s, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Hulk is pretty cool. Not the robot version but the other. I wish they would have given him the longer Sal Buscema hair though.

Here are a couple of pics of the new Marvel Select Hulk that's coming:

View attachment 491229

Wow... That looks amazing. The artwork looked good, but the sculpt looks even better.

I have most of the Marvel Select Hulks. Funny enough I never got the 1st version as I thought he looked too big and had an odd looking head that was too small. This will be an instant PO for me. Looks nicer than the new classic ML.

Wonder if they'll do an eventual Grey Hulk with different head like Hasbro did with the ML version.

Back