All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Venom is up on bestbuy.com

b8bf584da237fbbf1d321b0e64e47174.jpg

2334e090ceba3f24c32bcfa1679b689f.jpg

It's a cool looking Venom, but it's too big for my taste. Don't like the body. Too big on top and legs look too disproportionate. And the last one was a bit off as well. Still no perfect ML Venom in my book. I'll maybe pick it up if he drops to $20 on sale somewhere.

The Marvel Select is still the best Venom figure to date. Hopefully Hasbro has another go at some point in the future.

The new Venom is up on bestbuy.com

b8bf584da237fbbf1d321b0e64e47174.jpg

2334e090ceba3f24c32bcfa1679b689f.jpg

New EB Venom looking good!

Hela sick display!

It's a cool looking Venom, but it's too big for my taste. Don't like the body. Too big on top and legs look too disproportionate. And the last one was a bit off as well. Still no perfect ML Venom in my book. I'll maybe pick it up if he drops to $20 on sale somewhere.

The Marvel Select is still the best Venom figure to date. Hopefully Hasbro has another go at some point in the future.

I actually like how this new Venom is, it reminds me of the big, hulking, envenomated Venom lol I do agree with you that ML has yet to release a 'just right' Venom but their figures seem good nonetheless. The MS is my favorite Venom figure so far too, it captures what I envision of Venom the most.

Went out to dinner for my birthday and decided to check a couple of stores while out. Two Walgreens and no Cuckoos.
I did pick up a Rocketeer figure there, in case you're wondering overall it's a good figure, I don't like the huge grooves in his thighs for articulation, the paint on the un-helmeted head is barely acceptable and looks nothing like the actor, and the only hands he has are relaxed open hands which work for flight, but not fight. The sculpt looks fantastic, the paint on the rest of the figure is really good, and the rocket pack is well done and attached to his harness, not the figure. But the coolest thing is he works well with Marvel Legends! I have WWII Cliff and Steve hanging out together. I love the Rocketeer so I'll probably buy the deluxe with all the hands and take off base when it goes on sale. I wish they would make a Jennifer Connelly though. :naughty

Last stop was a Target, a lot of groceries, hand sanitizer, and TP was picked clean. I did see a single Black Widow movie wave Taskmaster. As much as I don't like this look for Taskmaster, I still think the figure looks kinda cool so I bought him. Damn I've never had this much trouble with stuck joints before. The left shoulder and right elbow were frozen stiff. Had to heat then cool multiple times with no luck. Went to the freezer then hot water and finally got them unstuck. Cool looking figure with a lot of accessories. Hood isn't removable, shield uses the old & tired peg/bracket swivel Comic Cap. shields have used, but no hole on the back for storage. No place to store the sword either. Lots of hands though and I love the Black Panther hands they included. Great paint too.
Strange that Amazon has yet to send theirs out but they're already in stores locally.

Went out to dinner for my birthday and decided to check a couple of stores while out. Two Walgreens and no Cuckoos.
I did pick up a Rocketeer figure there, in case you're wondering overall it's a good figure, I don't like the huge grooves in his thighs for articulation, the paint on the un-helmeted head is barely acceptable and looks nothing like the actor, and the only hands he has are relaxed open hands which work for flight, but not fight. The sculpt looks fantastic, the paint on the rest of the figure is really good, and the rocket pack is well done and attached to his harness, not the figure. But the coolest thing is he works well with Marvel Legends! I have WWII Cliff and Steve hanging out together. I love the Rocketeer so I'll probably buy the deluxe with all the hands and take off base when it goes on sale. I wish they would make a Jennifer Connelly though. :naughty

Last stop was a Target, a lot of groceries, hand sanitizer, and TP was picked clean. I did see a single Black Widow movie wave Taskmaster. As much as I don't like this look for Taskmaster, I still think the figure looks kinda cool so I bought him. Damn I've never had this much trouble with stuck joints before. The left shoulder and right elbow were frozen stiff. Had to heat then cool multiple times with no luck. Went to the freezer then hot water and finally got them unstuck. Cool looking figure with a lot of accessories. Hood isn't removable, shield uses the old & tired peg/bracket swivel Comic Cap. shields have used, but no hole on the back for storage. No place to store the sword either. Lots of hands though and I love the Black Panther hands they included. Great paint too.
Strange that Amazon has yet to send theirs out but they're already in stores locally.

Rocketeer there is a 1/12 Rocketeer by who I want one!

I want a Requiem for a Dream Connelly with double headed dildo accessory did I really just say that, yes I did lol

I saw the D Amazing review of Revoltech War Machine. Figure looks like both fun with the posing and accessory options, and a nightmare how the neck comes undone and the pieces like to fall off. Still want one though :lol
Will have to wait though, might be a long time before I have one in hand.

Scream hands down his base look and articulation is the BEST action figure of any superhero collectible I have ever owned and I have owned alot!

I have zero neck issues on mine.

Unfortunately yes the separate single little revo joints are indeed too loose when connected to the accessories which makes it a frustrating nightmare. :gah:

The stacked rocket pods are impossible to achieve because they?re too heavy for the loose connectors and they didn?t add enough holes on them to do it right anyways and forget the gatling guns on the little connector pieces they flop and fall easily!

You will see what I mean once you have it in hand but be prepared to be frustrated lol

However...

Thankfully if you don?t use the little connector pieces and just connect directly to the body things improve significantly but then you limit how much you can add but as you can see on my photo you can still pack quite a punch with his weapons. In other words single rocket pods and gatling guns connected directly to the body without the connector arms work great and stay tight.

But just him alone with nothing on him is hands down the best action figure I have ever owned I mean just look at this bad ass thing of beauty, not my photo:

02f665e2ebba932d276e3db329803d46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rocketeer there is a 1/12 Rocketeer by who I want one!

I want a Requiem for a Dream Connelly with double headed dildo accessory did I really just say that, yes I did lol

It's made by Diamond Select Toys (DST). So if you know how their hip articulation has been (recently they improved them, but not for this), you'll know what to expect. The one I bought at Walgreens is the bare bones version, it's stuck with those hands unfortunately but for $17 I couldn't pass it up. The deluxe version is heading to specialty stores (Comic Book stores) now. I think it's $30, that's how much it costs on Amazon right now. The deluxe comes with eight hands; left & right relaxed (on my figure), L & R fists (I think), right Gun grip, left ignition grip, and two un-gloved relaxed hands; an unmasked head (the Walgreens one sucks, not sure if the deluxe does), a switch out open chest piece, rocket pack blueprints, and a blast off effect base. No Gun included unfortunately.
My advice is buy the deluxe, you'll have every option. I'll get a deluxe someday and have one standing with Cap and one in flight or takeoff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WYD1XKN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
DST also made some great statues, love the blast off one.

Took a couple of pics:
DST The Rocketeer and Marvel legends WWII Cap. 001.jpg
DST The Rocketeer and Marvel legends WWII Cap. 002.jpg

And I'll take anything Connelly!

Last edited:
Oh, one other thing both versions of the DST Rocketeer come with are in flight plug in rocket blast effects. They look okay but like to fall out a bit too easily.

It's made by Diamond Select Toys (DST). So if you know how their hip articulation has been (recently they improved them, but not for this), you'll know what to expect. The one I bought at Walgreens is the bare bones version, it's stuck with those hands unfortunately but for $17 I couldn't pass it up. The deluxe version is heading to specialty stores (Comic Book stores) now. I think it's $30, that's how much it costs on Amazon right now. The deluxe comes with eight hands; left & right relaxed (on my figure), L & R fists (I think), right Gun grip, left ignition grip, and two un-gloved relaxed hands; an unmasked head (the Walgreens one sucks, not sure if the deluxe does), a switch out open chest piece, rocket pack blueprints, and a blast off effect base. No Gun included unfortunately.
My advice is buy the deluxe, you'll have every option. I'll get a deluxe someday and have one standing with Cap and one in flight or takeoff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WYD1XKN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Took a couple of pics:
View attachment 481113
View attachment 481114

Wait Walgreens carries DST!!!!

Since when lol

lol yes you do son yes you do lol

Wait Walgreens carries DST!!!!

Since when lol

lol yes you do son yes you do lol

Since summer or fall of last year if I'm not mistaken.
They've had Kingdom Hearts, Tron, The Nightmare before Christmas, The Last Airbender, Castlevania, and Westworld figures for some time. Some exclusive figures but most are just bare bone variants.
Along with The Rocketeer they have The Black Hole robots in the same wave.
Warmachine will just have to wait.

Since summer or fall of last year if I'm not mistaken.
They've had Kingdom Hearts, Tron, The Nightmare before Christmas, The Last Airbender, Castlevania, and Westworld figures for some time. Some exclusive figures but most are just bare bone variants.
Along with The Rocketeer they have The Black Hole robots in the same wave.
Warmachine will just have to wait.

Wow I wasn?t aware but I completely stopped going to Walgreen out of frustration during the silver surfer and Thing releases.

I didn?t even go looking for clone wars Obi-Wan I said screw it I?m done with them.

I feel much more relaxed now lol

I got the Funko version when that came out but was never 100% satisfied with it. Also missed out on the 1/6 versions somehow. I'll be on the lookout for this one. Thanks for the info.

Took a couple of pics:
View attachment 481113
View attachment 481114

Finally got the anniversary 2-Pack Hulk. OMG this figure is amazing. It's huge and has so much girth and is so unapologetically GREEN. Really feels like the old 80s Hulk, and gives me massive nostalgia vibes for the Marvel Superheroes figure I had as a kid.

This is the Hulk I've been waiting for all these years. Such a far departure from the first Legends Hulk - ol' Flat-hands.

Is there no dedicated Mafex thread? They're basically becoming the top Marvel and DC figure maker right now IMO

There's a MCU Mafex Thread and a Comic Mafex thread. Here's the Comic one:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187860&page=15
They're doing a good job of making some definitive 1:12 comic Marvel figures. I only have their Wolverine and despite a few issues it's my favorite of the tiger stripe costume. I'd love to get that Spidey but I missed out.

Back