All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap if you?re looking for the grey Hulk hurry your ass up to Best Buy it just went back in stock and I got it for UNDER $29 SHIPPED and WITH TAX hurry hurry hurry the website is really slow getting slammed the coupon I think expires this week!

Run you fools!

ec3a5f35314734ad10c2bc9aa6a87841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, sold out again.
How did you get the discount?
Wolvie/Hulk sold out there too. Damn.

It was a 24hr sale, sorry I should've made a post here, I was just too busy. Other ML that were on sale was the Cap/Peggy Carter two pack for $35, Deadpool w/scooter was $25 (Still is, I'm tempted to order that one too) X-Force Wolvie, Cannonball, Boom-Boom, and Weapon X were $11, Dora Milaje was $10. Some are close to that discount at the moment. I checked others I've been waiting to go on sale (Juggy/Colossus, Wolvie/Hulk, AIM soldiers, Arnim Zola/Hydra Cap two packs) None were on sale at the time.

I'm almost certain another sale will pop up on Amazon. Add the figures you want to your cart and save them for later, when they discount you should see the change in your cart, that's how I found out about the sale.

As for cutting the plastic on Retro Grey Hulk.... yeah wait until you get yours. It's bigger and more substantial than regular Retro cards, looks great and not something I want to cut, unless yours arrives damaged. Mine arrived pristine from BB so hopefully you should be good.
I plan on getting the Wolvie/Hulk two pack one day and that will be an opener.

Yeah, I had found out about the sale maybe midday, but alas it was too late as it was no longer available at the $40 price. Was tempted to get the Hela/Skurge 2pk as well for like $23, as again I only want Hela. I don't really buy the MCU move ML figures, just the comic book figures, but she looked good enough to put with all my other Asgardian comic figures. But i waited on that as well.

Nope, sold out again.
How did you get the discount?
Wolvie/Hulk sold out there too. Damn.

Dude it was sold out all week so I clicked save around noon today just for the hell of it and one hour later just after 1pm eastern time I refreshed the page and it was available for purchase!

I just checked like you did and yup sold out again.

I just hit the action figure lotto lol

Hands down the best action figure deal of my entire collecting life.

In this hobby deals are super rare.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had found out about the sale maybe midday, but alas it was too late as it was no longer available at the $40 price. Was tempted to get the Hela/Skurge 2pk as well for like $23, as again I only want Hela. I don't really buy the MCU move ML figures, just the comic book figures, but she looked good enough to put with all my other Asgardian comic figures. But i waited on that as well.
Hela is a great figure, might as well spend $19 on her and $4 on Skurge. You could also sell Skurge but I'd recommend upping your sale price from $4.
Dude it was sold out all week so I clicked save around noon today just for the hell of it and one hour later just after 1pm eastern time I refreshed the page and it was available for purchase!

I just checked like you did and yup sold out again.

I just hit the action figure lotto lol

Congrats! You shoulda bought two. I'd get another to open myself especially at $28!

Hela is a great figure, might as well spend $19 on her and $4 on Skurge. You could also sell Skurge but I'd recommend upping your sale price from $4.

Congrats! You shoulda bought two. I'd get another to open myself especially at $28!

I?m actually good with one I don?t keep any figures boxed up anymore no more room I?m at an age where I just open everything up and save nothing for later because I know if I give my son a closed one he will just open it himself lol

But yeah with Black Friday coming my list of purchases being as long as it is (thats what she said) I?m not doing any double purchases.

I bought the Hela set, and her right elbow broke right away. I bought a second set, and the right elbow also broke. Did it happen to anyone else?

I bought the Hela set, and her right elbow broke right away. I bought a second set, and the right elbow also broke. Did it happen to anyone else?

I have both the Gladiator Hulk BAF & Skurge two pack Helas, both work fine. However, when I get new figures I put them in hot water to loosen the joints and move them back and forth to condition the plastic in the joint, especially if I try to move them and they're too tight (did that today with a Black Series Death Star Escape Luke I got on sale, very tight joints and now everything moves well enough) and since doing that I haven't had a problem with breaking figures. I'd recommend doing that on your new figures. I hope you can return the set and get a working replacement.

I have both the Gladiator Hulk BAF & Skurge two pack Helas, both work fine. However, when I get new figures I put them in hot water to loosen the joints and move them back and forth to condition the plastic in the joint, especially if I try to move them and they're too tight (did that today with a Black Series Death Star Escape Luke I got on sale, very tight joints and now everything moves well enough) and since doing that I haven't had a problem with breaking figures. I'd recommend doing that on your new figures. I hope you can return the set and get a working replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. I got them from Amazon, I should be able to return them. I didn't use much force, typically the joints would either bend or not bend, I've never had them just snapped before.

I also got the Cap/Peggy set, and it looks like Cap's neck is too long.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. I got them from Amazon, I should be able to return them. I didn't use much force, typically the joints would either bend or not bend, I've never had them just snapped before.

I also got the Cap/Peggy set, and it looks like Cap's neck is too long.

You should be good with Amazon returns, they'll even send UPS to pick it up with a label if you need it. I have heard that some people have had their accounts closed with too many returns but I have yet to experience it and I've had probably 10 returns in a year. I went through 5 DST Star Trek Bird of Preys to get one where the articulation or the electronics worked.
I just pulled out both Helas to see how the joints are now, the Hulk BAF version has stiff ankle pivots, the two pack version has a stiff left shoulder pivot and stiff thigh swivels, I guess I should reheat them again and move the joints, but all other joints have acceptable resistance.

Just to follow up on this, I bought a Carbonized SW Black series figure that had extremely tight joints yesterday. I put it through some hot water to loosen it up and some of the Carbonized paint came off in the water and on my hands. The figure is now loosened up but yeah not a happy outcome. Be warned.

Bummer man.

Honestly I never put my figures near any water or steam at most i?ll blow dry on medium heat just for a bit to straighten a crooked joint.

Just to follow up on this, I bought a Carbonized SW Black series figure that had extremely tight joints yesterday. I put it through some hot water to loosen it up and some of the Carbonized paint came off in the water and on my hands. The figure is now loosened up but yeah not a happy outcome. Be warned.

Thanks for testing your Hela figures, and sorry about your SW figure. I got a replacement Hela figure and used a hair dryer on it, and was able to bend the joints ok (although her arms are pretty thin, I get nervous whenever I bend it). The hair dryer was just quicker for me. Are there disadvantages to using a hair dryer vs hot water?

Thanks for testing your Hela figures, and sorry about your SW figure. I got a replacement Hela figure and used a hair dryer on it, and was able to bend the joints ok (although her arms are pretty thin, I get nervous whenever I bend it). The hair dryer was just quicker for me. Are there disadvantages to using a hair dryer vs hot water?

I've used a hairdryer in the past, you have to hold it on the figure and wait for it to get hot enough.
Hot water is quicker, easier, and thorough. I just put some tap in a coffee cup and nuke it for a minute (Temp should be hot, but not boiling hot). Place the cup on the counter and put whatever limb that's stuck into the water with the rest of the figure hanging outside and wait a minute. Pull it out and start moving the joints around repeatedly. I usually just do the troublesome joints or swap out hands/heads but if the whole figure wont budge, put the whole bottom half of the figure in the cup and work the joints, then repeat with the top. Just remember that while the figure cools, the softened plastic can retain the shape it's in, so I rest the figure on it's back on the counter so the legs don't warp.

This way I can run around and do things while I loosen it up and not have to stand there with the hairdryer.
But do whatever works for you!

Bummer man.

Honestly I never put my figures near any water or steam at most i?ll blow dry on medium heat just for a bit to straighten a crooked joint.

It's the first time I have had an issue, and I've done it for a LOT of figures. The Carbonized Sith Trooper would not budge so it might've taken forever with the hairdryer but that would mean I'd have no paint come off, first time dealing with a Carbonized paint job though.
I do have a large area that has no paint on it, that was done by the factory and once I noticed it, I can't unsee it. Also, the torso joint is weirdly very loose, to the point I think it might be broken.
I might send this back, but it's sold out at Amazon at the moment so I'll wait.

My preorder of Endgame Iron Man LXXXV figure arrived from Amazon today (price went down to $17!) and my excitement lessened when I opened him up, mine had a mark on the face which was a bit of missing gold paint. I was thinking of sending it back but I decided to open it up and try a little metallic gold Gundam marker and wow, perfect color match! now it's absolutely perfect, can't even tell there was an issue.
Awesome figure, this makes me wish I could afford the Hot Toys version but this will have to do.
Fat Thor's arm even comes with an extra time watch left hand.

Back