All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that attended the Con how did the HB 2 statue look in person? And do you prefer it over the original??

For those of you that attended the Con how did the HB 2 statue look in person? And do you prefer it over the original??

I thought it looked amazing - but I do think I like the original better...pose wise at least anyway. The sculpt was great though - and I liked the clothing. It really is a tough call.

is the Angel of Death as big a it looks next to SCott in the video??
.. it looks huge ....

is the Angel of Death as big a it looks next to SCott in the video??
.. it looks huge ....

It was HUGE!! Really well done - but sadly kind of a boring piece. The Angel of Death really needs his wings....but then the piece would have been at least 4 feet tall. :lol

It was HUGE!! Really well done - but sadly kind of a boring piece. The Angel of Death really needs his wings....but then the piece would have been at least 4 feet tall. :lol

:lecture:lecture

Must have wings with eyes to be a viable product for me to buy. And with that price, it should have had them, if not for a $100 or so more.

I was impressed enough with this picture of the upcoming 18" Hellboy figure from Mezco that I decided to order one. (This is from Michael Crawford's interesting write-up about SDCC.)

If the production piece turns out this nice, I might prefer it to the PF. Just have to make a base of some kind.

sdcc2008_mezco_hellboy_8.jpg

15792.jpg

Hellboy: In the Chapel of Moloch (one-shot) - October 29, 2008

On the heels of the second Hellboy feature film, legendary artist and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola returns to the drawing table for this standalone adventure of the world's greatest paranormal detective!

Hellboy investigates an ancient chapel in Eastern Europe where an artist compelled by something more sinister than any muse has sequestered himself to complete his "life's work."

First Mignola-drawn Hellboy comic since 2005! :rock

I've had Hellboy for three years, he was the first Sideshow figure that I ever bought, but since then I have never been happy with his loose joints and the lack of movement with his head, so I finally swapped out the body for a HT true type.

For his head, I dremeled out the bulk of plastic/rubber so that the large HT neck piece would fit up inside.
I still need to get some red paint to cover up the flesh coloured neck, and I have to attached his tail.

I think he looks good, check him out,

the arm
SL730768.jpg

neck piece
SL730770.jpg

SL730769.jpg

SL730771.jpg

SL730773.jpg

It's cool that you were able to transplant him to another body, but the trenchcoat covers up so much of it that it's hard to see the difference.

Yeah, the only difference really comes from the fact that the HT body has tighter joints and I can get him in some really cool poses that I couldn't do with the orignal body.
Over the weekend I'm going to finish him off, and take some pics without the coat on.

I was impressed enough with this picture of the upcoming 18" Hellboy figure from Mezco that I decided to order one. (This is from Michael Crawford's interesting write-up about SDCC.)

If the production piece turns out this nice, I might prefer it to the PF. Just have to make a base of some kind.

Good call! With the 1:1 bust on my plate, swinging the PF might be a stretch for me. This would be a great alternative as Mezco seems to have stepped up with the 18" figure instead of stepping down with the 7" line...

I like it. The coat I got for my figure was too small for him to wear, so I had to drape it over his shoulders, Toht-style. I might look into getting one of these.

Excellent upgrades on Officer Kroenen!

Got my Mezco con exclusives yesterday. If you thought the paint apps were bad on the regular figures....:mad:

On top of that, I also got the Gomez 9" figure. His package was open when I got him, one of the "hairs" on his head was snapped, and his head broke off the first time I tried to turn it.:banghead

And if anyone is wondering about the Mezco 9" body, it's VERY close to the Medicom RAH in design, but glued together rather than the screw assembly. It's also got a cool side-to-side mobility on the mid chest joint. It's pretty impressive, other than my first bad experience, but I think I just got a bum figure.

Back