All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of the unique characters Hellboy has, I think it would be right up Hot Toys' alley. It'd make a lot of wallets scream, though.

I'm thinking Hot Toys will pick up the ball on this one. That would be cool! Expensive... but cool. :D

A few months ago someone started a thread about what license you'd like to see HT pick up and I said Hellboy, not thinking it would ever happen. If that's the case I would be really, really happy.:D

Aside from the main man himself, can you imagine a 1/6 Wink or Angel Of Death?!

Holy crap, I mentioned that I wanted Hot Toys to do Hellboy stuff earlier in the thread, but I didn't think it was even a possibility, given that Sideshow has the license for 1/6th scale figures. But with SS and HT working together recently, maybe it could happen. If SS won't be doing it, HT seems like the only possibility, doesn't it?

I got my Mezco Hellboy 2 figures today. They're kind of a mixed bag, mostly because of the paint. The best by FAR is Wink. He's huge and the paint is well done. He even has the spines on his back. He also comes with great accessories in the form of the toothfairy box and his alternate chained hand. Johann is second best, I think. His suit looks great.

Hellboy isn't too bad, but he doesn't look much like Perlman, and his rubbery coat is a little strange. Liz is pretty good, and I actually think it looks quite a bit like her. Abe isn't bad, but the paint on the one from the first film was much better. Prince Nuada is unfortunately the worst. His paint is terrible, with several spots missing paint altogether.

Overall, I'm glad to have some figures from the movie, but Mezco needs to step up the quality control. The sculpts are fine for the most part, but the paint is really letting them down in some cases.

hellboy2_mezco_group.jpg

I picked up Wink and Johann Kraus at Toys R Us yesterday for $14.99 each. Wink is DEFINITELY worth the price. :D

And it sent off for the replacement head... which looks WAY cooler. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I got my Mezco Hellboy 2 figures today. They're kind of a mixed bag, mostly because of the paint. The best by FAR is Wink. He's huge and the paint is well done. He even has the spines on his back. He also comes with great accessories in the form of the toothfairy box and his alternate chained hand. Johann is second best, I think. His suit looks great.

Hellboy isn't too bad, but he doesn't look much like Perlman, and his rubbery coat is a little strange. Liz is pretty good, and I actually think it looks quite a bit like her. Abe isn't bad, but the paint on the one from the first film was much better. Prince Nuada is unfortunately the worst. His paint is terrible, with several spots missing paint altogether.

Overall, I'm glad to have some figures from the movie, but Mezco needs to step up the quality control. The sculpts are fine for the most part, but the paint is really letting them down in some cases.

hellboy2_mezco_group.jpg

These look nice.

I have to admit that I was a bit taken aback when I saw the Mindzeye HB blue variant in person. It was so blue! :lol Much more blue than I thought it would be. I love the sculpt so much though, so I'm hoping the color grows on me. I also pre-odered the 1:4 Big Baby to go with the 1:4 Samaritan I got last year. I love the 1:1 but damn is that thing big! I think the 1:1 Samaritan will be more than enough for me. :lol And if HT does HB figures.....all I can say is damn! Hope they do Prince Nuada and a Johann - those would be so awesome!!

I have to admit that I was a bit taken aback when I saw the Mindzeye HB blue variant in person. It was so blue! :lol Much more blue than I thought it would be. I love the sculpt so much though, so I'm hoping the color grows on me.

That was my thought when I first saw pictures of it, but I figure it'll look sweet in a normal environment without extreme fluorescent lighting.

Some stuff I got over the last week (easier to just post this link) :banana

https://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8857455&posted=1#post8857455

That sketchbook is something to cherish! Very nice.

And looking around at that site, I have to admit I came back here feeling thankful for our signature limitations/rules. I did a lot of scrolling over there, lol.

signaturexl8.jpg

If every sig was that long, I'd go nuts!

:D

But again, nice sketchbook, and it looks like you made out extremely well last weekend!

Whoa! That sketchbook is seriously impressive! Did you get most of the art in one day or over the whole weekend?

It was spread out over the whole Con. I spent most of the day Saturday in the small press area :cool:

That sketchbook is something to cherish! Very nice.

And looking around at that site, I have to admit I came back here feeling thankful for our signature limitations/rules. I did a lot of scrolling over there, lol.

If every sig was that long, I'd go nuts!

:D

But again, nice sketchbook, and it looks like you made out extremely well last weekend!

Thanks!!!

I have sigs turned off there for that reason :eek:

Back