All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another anime I was watching is Elfen Lied. Not sure how I feel about it though. I like the blood and violence but there there are some scenes in a few eps that are really disturbing all involving the younger characters. This is actually the first anime where I really felt bad for a few the characters despite them being cartoons. Not sure I'll end up watching the rest of the series.

I might check that out

I might check that out

I'd highly recommend you do.

Elfen Lied is one of my best Anime ever.
The story ends with such a cliff hanger though that you need to read the Manga as well to make proper sense of it all.

Darth_Fatso is right though there are a couple of times when you feel really bad for the characters & one scene that is just plain nasty & is pretty disturbing viewing.

I don't suppose your UK based are you??
If so I'd offer to lend you the series if you wanted

Neil

Edit - nevermind just see you is in Ohio so that'll be a no to borrowing them then ;) lol

I watched episodes 1-4

story is all over the place & a lot of OMG scenes :rotfl

You talking about Elen Lied? I finally finished the series. Episode 12 has a really disturbing fight scene at the beginning. Episode 5 or 6 also has a short (like 2 seconds) but very disturbing scene involving Mayu (you'll know it when you see it). Again I don't know how I feel about this one. It has good animation and a decent story but there are some scene that really made me uncomfortable and that's saying something!

You talking about Elen Lied? I finally finished the series. Episode 12 has a really disturbing fight scene at the beginning. Episode 5 or 6 also has a short (like 2 seconds) but very disturbing scene involving Mayu (you'll know it when you see it). Again I don't know how I feel about this one. It has good animation and a decent story but there are some scene that really made me uncomfortable and that's saying something!

yeah, even I'm kinda cringing watching elfen lied

Got to add High School of the Dead. It's replaced DBZ as my 3rd favorite anime. Some may say the fan service goes a little overboard but I love it. Zombies, violence, gore and boobs, it's practically the perfect anime. I also love that despite it being an anime, they still managed to capture that whole apocalyptic feel and the desperation that the characters are going through. The music is pretty good to and fits in perfectly with the series for the most part. My only real complaints are the English voice acting is a bit over the top at times (of course that's nothing new with English dubbed anime) and the fact that there is no 2nd season yet. Seriously if you like anime, zombies, violence, gore and hot anime chicks with boobs that defy gravity wielding guns and swords than HOTD is for you!

I watched Elfen Lied years and really liked it. A bit shocking and disturbing, but that's probably what made me watch. If anyone can recommend another anime that's gross and disgusting please let me know. :D

HOTD is really cool. Some action scenes are a little over the top as well as some of the voice acting and dialog on the english dub version but it's still is loads of fun if you like zombie/survival horror. I believe the Japanese version with english subtitles is availible on Hulu.

Elfen Lied is a masterpiece! :lecture

You know after watching it a second time (this time knowing what to expect) I must say Elfen Lied has really grown on me. Some of scenes involving Nana and Mayu are still a bit disturbing and the ending left a bit to be desired but once you get past those, it really is a good series. And I love the opening theme. I'm actually listening to it right now.

Been watching Claymore for the last 4 hours. Really good anime imo. Only reason I didn't finish it is cause I want to give my PS3 a rest but I definitely recommend it.

Back