All Quiet On the Star Wars Front...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is waaay over extended in terms of licenses.
Did they really need to acquire the Mummy sequel?

For you personally, or in terms of how SSC values it?

I'd love to see Joe become a regular line, but I have a feeling its going to trickle like LOTR. I guess now with so many good licenses EVERY line will trickle like LOTR.

Both. If they really want to they could jet GI Joe to the top of their lists....LOTR is a damn shame though...they really ^^^^ed up the handling of that license.

Thats the problem, the Joe line could be great but it will end up being like LOTR, 2 figs a year if we are lucky. Look Star Wars IMO is the biggest license, with hundreds of possibilities and people dying to hand over there cash for it. If SS cant do the line justcice they should never have taken it.

:rock Now that will be a great line,

I just hope Sideshow let go Star Wars and Lord of the Ring Too.Those licence sux.If you collect those lines,please dont talk to me.
hey shai im talking to ya.:wave
if you're ever down in my neck of the woods stop by and see my SW and LOTR collections. just be careful not to trip over the litterbox. i got it lined just right with GI Joe comics.:lol

With the quiet in the SS line I ordered myself a Hot Toys Terminator Endoskeleton regular version to go with my Endo battle-damaged version. But waiting for SS Vader :banana

Its definately been quiet on the 1/6 front this year. Hopefully they will have something major up their sleeve for SDCC. I'm sure we will get 2 1/6 figures and hopefully a third.
Here is a comparison of announcement dates for 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Jan Kit Fisto
Feb Bespin Han
Feb Mace Windu
Mar Qui-Gon Jinn
Apr Vader (Ex)
May Maul/Droids
July Jabba Set
July Bib Fortuna
July Boushh
Sept Plo Koon
Sept Endor Rebels
Sept Ventress

Jan Bubo
Feb Derjarik Table
Mar ANH Leia
Mar Yavin Luke (Ex)
Apr Ilum Padme
Apr Holo Sidious (Ex)
May Old Ben
July Bespin Luke
July Palpatine/Sid
Nov Praji
Dec ANH Han

Jan ANH Luke
Feb General Kenobi
Apr Aayla (Ex)

As you can see, 2006 and 2007 were very similar in numbers and timings, however, 2008 is way behind. Only one major figure announcement in almost seven months (General Kenobi is EU and Aayla an exclusive). I hope Vader is worth the wait!!!

Looking at the list again. It has been such a long while since the last expansion pack - Holo Sidious. I really hope SSC is not giving up on accessories packs. We do need them to compliment the standard 12" figures.

Back