All Quiet On the Star Wars Front...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a pretty safe bet. They've already teased us and SDCC is the perfect time for either having the PO or announcing it.

We'll get Vader and maybe one more announced / order for SDCC... I don't expect a "flood" of 12" figs. I do think we may get a Vader diorama though.

Its definately been quiet on the 1/6 front this year. Hopefully they will have something major up their sleeve for SDCC. I'm sure we will get 2 1/6 figures and hopefully a third.
Here is a comparison of announcement dates for 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Jan Kit Fisto
Feb Bespin Han
Feb Mace Windu
Mar Qui-Gon Jinn
Apr Vader (Ex)
May Maul/Droids
July Jabba Set
July Bib Fortuna
July Boushh
Sept Plo Koon
Sept Endor Rebels
Sept Ventress

Jan Bubo
Feb Derjarik Table
Mar ANH Leia
Mar Yavin Luke (Ex)
Apr Ilum Padme
Apr Holo Sidious (Ex)
May Old Ben
July Bespin Luke
July Palpatine/Sid
Nov Praji
Dec ANH Han

Jan ANH Luke
Feb General Kenobi
Apr Aayla (Ex)

As you can see, 2006 and 2007 were very similar in numbers and timings, however, 2008 is way behind. Only one major figure announcement in almost seven months (General Kenobi is EU and Aayla an exclusive). I hope Vader is worth the wait!!!

In deed it has been a quiet year looking at the listing. I do hope there did be some catching up before the year ends. With the new trooper body, I bet SSC did be releasing colour variation for Clone Troopers.

Thank you my friend for compiling the list, do you know the announcement dates for the first 2 figures, Jedi Luke and ROTS Anakin.

I wish SS would expalin why the drastic drop off in announcements. IMO its killing the line, personnally my interest has dropped greatly.

I wish SS would expalin why the drastic drop off in announcements. IMO its killing the line, personnally my interest has dropped greatly.

Just a guess...but I would say that the addition of all of the new licenses since the beginning of the Star Wars line may be cutting in to SW production a little.

Hopefully Aayla was a fluke on quality...

I don't see anything more then Vader and maybe another PF.

The Vader will either be an ROTJ or ANH Vader, IMHO. What comes along with them is anyone's guess but I have a feeling it'll be something large like Jabba so maybe ROTJ with an Emperor and Throne Environment? I really don't expect a figure onslaught come SDCC but a few bigger name releases.

Its been a bit quieter which IMO is a good thing. Its allowed us to take a bit of a break. Now, I expect Vader to be from ANH plus a few other pieces from SW in 1:6th scale.

Funny Marvel is in full force all year long..just sayin...

That while SSC's "Cash Cow" has had a long break from releases and announcements, Marvel Their REAL Cash Cow has been going strong both in releases, announcement and on the secondary market without signs of slowing in every line. While there are a lot of SW fans, even they can't deny that the SSC powerhouse isn't in the Lucas realm but in the House of Ideas.

I don't think 1/6 Star Wars is SSC's cash cow anymore. That's not to say it isn't doing well, but it's no longer the juggernaut it was that first year.

What pray tell would you call their cash cow? I would say that Marvel outsells Star Wars almost every single time...

I would still call Star Wars their cash cow or at best its an even split.

How does Marvel outsell SW every time? I think if you look on most occasions the Marvel ES are smaller than SW. Which means in the end they sell more SW items than Marvel.

ES really means nothing. Lucas' royalities and licensing fees are outrageous and so SSC HAS to sell more items to break even than they would with Marvel. Even split is understandable but when a second tier character like Sabretooth and Mystique sell out amazingly fast in one night that is definitely a sign of a really strong license and fanbase.

Back