All Quiet On the Star Wars Front...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been nice to have a little bit of a break. Though it's annoying they don't announce more products it IS saving me some money in the meantime :)

I bet they are kinda laying low and waiting til near August when the new movie comes out in theaters so that Star Wars will once again be fresh in everyone's heads... again. Though it never wasn't fresh in my head for as long as I've lived. :)

The problem with this "break" is that with no announcments (unless we are slammed at SDCC), we go for 6 months with nothing shipping, figure by end July the only unshipped fig will be Armoured OBI and whatever they announce at SDCC. And at this rate even if they had a bunch of pre orders in teh next month, we wouldnt be paying for them till next year anyway. Its frustrating to see the line start off so well, and have a p!$s poor 2008. IMO even a Vader cant save this year from being a flop.

I am glad things have been slower this year. I ma snowed under as it is.

Vader will be debuted and PPO'd during SDCC. I can say that with confidence.

I too am hoping a RotS Obi-Wan p.f. will be announced at SDCC to go along with the Anakin p.f.

That while SSC's "Cash Cow" has had a long break from releases and announcements, Marvel Their REAL Cash Cow has been going strong both in releases, announcement and on the secondary market without signs of slowing in every line. While there are a lot of SW fans, even they can't deny that the SSC powerhouse isn't in the Lucas realm but in the House of Ideas.

I respect that guy's opinion a lot...Its obvious that he knows about the collectible industry.

Your point is what?

That guy? Well not so much....

I respect that guy's opinion a lot...Its obvious that he knows about the collectible industry.

That guy? Well not so much....

popcorn.gif

ES really means nothing. Lucas' royalities and licensing fees are outrageous and so SSC HAS to sell more items to break even than they would with Marvel. Even split is understandable but when a second tier character like Sabretooth and Mystique sell out amazingly fast in one night that is definitely a sign of a really strong license and fanbase.

I'm sure it probably costs SS more to have SW than it does Marvel. Totally could play into the cash cow line of thinking but unless we know the numbers I'll stick with SW.

I'm glad they slowed down. Knowing there are new bodies available and getting more releases on the Buck would be a let down.
I'm sure waiting for the new bodies was a huge factor in the releases.

I wish SS would expalin why the drastic drop off in announcements. IMO its killing the line, personnally my interest has dropped greatly.

I think the big reasons are:

a)increased price per figure
b)addition of new competing lines like Indy and GI Joe

I think the days of SSC releasing 1 SW figure per month are gone. I also have a feeling that Aayla will be the last really obscure SW figure for a while.

the slow down lets me catch up. just got leia/boushh today and she is great!! like it a lot and i got it real cheap. she's missing a key accessory though. a chain with a chewbacca attached to the end of it.

ES really means nothing. Lucas' royalities and licensing fees are outrageous and so SSC HAS to sell more items to break even than they would with Marvel. Even split is understandable but when a second tier character like Sabretooth and Mystique sell out amazingly fast in one night that is definitely a sign of a really strong license and fanbase.

Or it could be that a lot of Flippers are trying to get some easy cash from dimwitted Marvel groupies!!! Nothing wrong with that, but I get the feeling that people are worried about missing out on the next Grey Hulk or Doctor Doom and are just ordering anything with thoughts of Sugar plums in their head or would that be greenbacks? Personally, I would like to think of them as being equally important and hopefully will be kicking out new stuff for many months to come.

Comparing Marvel and SW is like night and day, IMO. For one, just within SSC product, Marvel is produced in lesser quantities, then break that out to the number of SW items being produced vs Marvel on an annual basis across all companies and its not even close.

Marvel items sell out so quick and retain value so immensly because its not oversaturated.

That said, I love SW about 100000 times more than Marvel so despite my items losing value, I'd still rather buy SW than Marvel.

If GI Joe continues the way of Snake Eyes in terms of quality and "wow factor" it'll easily surpass Star Wars.

If GI Joe continues the way of Snake Eyes in terms of quality and "wow factor" it'll easily surpass Star Wars.

For you personally, or in terms of how SSC values it?

I'd love to see Joe become a regular line, but I have a feeling its going to trickle like LOTR. I guess now with so many good licenses EVERY line will trickle like LOTR.

If I get me a Vader and Dooku, and then they announce the closure of the Sith line, I'd be happy...

Of course I still want more Sith, but Vader and Dooku are great closure...

:rock Now that will be a great line,

I just hope Sideshow let go Star Wars and Lord of the Ring Too.Those licence sux.If you collect those lines,please dont talk to me.

Yet here you are in the SW section. :lol

It must be hard for you here, as it rapidly drains your "greatness" :rotfl:rotfl:lol

Back