Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... Just finished watching it with the family. My wife and two sons..

FIrst let me say that whoever was resposible for the trailer should be fired... I got to say it was the trailer more then anything that prevented me from seeing this film in theaters..

Word of mouth tempted me but everyone I tried to convince to see it with had no interest.. Because of the trailer.
My wife was surprised I bought the film to watch as she thought the trailer was awful also.
The "cool" scenes they tried to show off was just more "been there done that" slow motion Matrix style action moments that just made me roll my eyes.. The CGI was off putting in the trailer.. I don't know if it was not finished or just being out of context it didn't work for me... Whatever it was the trailer did not engage me at all and apparently the rest of the world and that is too bad because...

What a great movie!!! The whole family really enjoyed it. My only gripe is that there is a chance we don't get another one.. I see that worldwide it made of 400 million on a 170 million budget and perhaps Home video sales will help... IF there is never another film made it will be too bad as this film deserves another film. I would be happy with just one more.. But I worry that the budget will be sliced in half.

The main actress was fantastic and was so damn likable from the very beginning. I loved her little overbite / buck teeth and was cool to see the real actress had that and they did not try and give her a perfect little mouth. It was adorable and perfect for the character.

The direction was top Notch... RR did a fantastic job. Loved the look and feel of the film... RR should direct a Star Wars movie not produced by Kathleen Kennedy :lol

Big surprise was the musical score. One of the better modern scores I have heard lately. I saw who the composer was in the credits but never heard of him... Great job.

Basically a wonderful film all around.

Yet another film released this year that was better then Endgame :lol

Awesome man glad you liked it, spread the word of mouth we need blu-ray sales to get this movie a sequel!

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it. Another person to join the ranks!

It really is a shame it never found the audience it deserved, but maybe the video sales will be big enough to justify a sequel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Watched this movie for the first time, on Tuesday and really enjoyed it as well! Also hoping we get a sequel.

Picked up the 4K/3D release , really stoked to see this thing on my 3D projector. It was awesome in theaters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the 4K/3D release , really stoked to see this thing on my 3D projector. It was awesome in theaters

What type of 3D projector do you have? I don't know much about them but I'm interested in getting one as its one of the few options left to watch 3D.

Finally got a chance to watch the movie (for my 3rd time), and it is just as fresh and exciting as ever!

I do however wish to shake my finger vigorously at Khev, for repeatedly bringing up how much of the original image I am missing out on, by not watching the MA version, streamed through comcast.

Finally got a chance to watch the movie (for my 3rd time), and it is just as fresh and exciting as ever!

I do however wish to shake my finger vigorously at Khev, for repeatedly bringing up how much of the original image I am missing out on, by not watching the MA version, streamed through comcast.

You were the one who tipped me off though! ;)

I just returned the favor on sharing how to get the proper version at home. :D

The 3D was amazing but I'd rather see the whole movie in 2D than half of it in 3D. The open matte is just so much more immersive with even feelings of vertigo for scenes like this:

20190726_001623.jpg

And yes I watched it for like the fifth time tonight. It's just so damn good.

You were the one who tipped me off though! ;)

I just returned the favor on sharing how to get the proper version at home. :D

The 3D was amazing but I'd rather see the whole movie in 2D than half of it in 3D. The open matte is just so much more immersive with even feelings of vertigo for scenes like this:

View attachment 462562

And yes I watched it for like the fifth time tonight. It's just so damn good.
[emoji38]

I'm guilty.

Only now you have me thinking of jumping through the hoops and buying the digital as well. And damn, that means I have to keep comcast forever?!

If I didn't already have Comcast then I'd at least wait to see if the Disney+ version is open matte. If not then yes I'd switch cable providers permanently for the sake of Alita, lol. :D

Yikes, what a flop based on the lofty reviews in here.

All style, no substance.

Some of the worst dialogue I've seen in recent times.

What a waste of Cristoph Waltz and just bizarre pacing.

It's practically a Transformers movie. 4/10.

All style, no substance.

If you're comparing this to transformers, then I might suggest putting down your phone and actually watching the movie.

I actually loved it again but yikes the dialogue is sooooo bad. It’s like I wrote the script in an hour with no knowledge of how to actually write a script. One example is the set up of the dog another Would be alita seeing roller ball on the tv the first time l. “Wow what is that?” “Oh thats called rollerball” , now back to whatever we were doing before. But I found a looottttt to like about this movie besides the dialogue

All style, no substance.

816.gif

Uh...no. To each their own I guess.

Anywho...for me this movie is awesome and amazing. I watched it again with some friends this past Sunday and they loved it. We even watched the original Anime afterwards. :D

watched this in 3D Monday Night which was totally Awesome.And watched it in 4K last night with 9.1 channels of HDR Dolby Atmos pumping.

still my Favorite film so far this year..

Attachments

• IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 89
I'd only seen the trailers, so didn't see much of the finished film.

Just watched that Honest Trailers clip.

I can't understand how a movie can get so much praise when the lead character looks so horribly, obviously, horrendously fake.

If she were supposed to be an animated character like Roger Rabbit, then I'd understand. She's a cartoon and Christoph Waltz is real. But she's supposed to be "real" like everyone else, yet she looks like shiny rubber and has the facial expressions and mouth movements of a Disney character. I cringed at that scene of her eating chocolate.

If there's a reason this movie flopped, it probably wasn't the tired slow mo CGI battle nonsense in the trailers....it was most likely the creepy, off-putting and disgusting looking characters with flesh faces on robot bodies.

CGI can do a some pretty convincing stuff with backgrounds but it still has a looooong way to go with anything resembling humans, or with giant spaceships that actually look like they have any mass or weight to them. Just looks like nothing but weightless cartoons floating around with rubber faced cartoon people flying them.

If you go in with an open mind and give the movie a chance, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

Back