Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the movie twice, and I don't think the CGI eyes were convincing with Alita.
Gollum for the most part worked because he and his face was entirely CGI, however in the Return of the King Prologue where Smeagol in a montage transforms into Gollum, there was some really bad CGI eyes that look far worse than anything in Alita.

Most of the rest of the CGI in Alita was good though, which is how I feel about Alita, it was good, just not great.

Alita was 100% CGI just like Gollum.

Well, that's the problem I have in all the clips I've seen: the lower half of her face. It's so clearly a CGI puppet and not remotely anything human-like. She doesn't look "right" when she's talking or eating. Maybe everyone just looks at her giant eyes and that distracts from how fake the rest of her face is.

Well, that's the problem I have in all the clips I've seen: the lower half of her face. It's so clearly a CGI puppet and not remotely anything human-like. She doesn't look "right" when she's talking or eating. Maybe everyone just looks at her giant eyes and that distracts from how fake the rest of her face is.

Her face is fine and the FX Team did a great job on her mouth area. Especially when she's talking and eating. Maybe you need to watch the movie and at a higher resolution.

I found her disproportionate facial features a little jarring at first but I got over it about 15 minutes in to the film and never really thought about it again after that.

I remember being impressed by the scene where she eats the chocolate, at the animation quality and the way they pulled it off. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it's amongst the best cgi out there

I saw the film tonight. It's ok. They should call the film, Alita: Exposition :lol Every five minutes someone is explaining stuff. :lol

Anyway, she's cute. Reminds me of the Matt Damon movie, Elysium.

Oh, and I can see why that dude got the Blade role.

Recently rewatched it, still in awe. Alita is soooooooooo cute. I'm intrigued to know more about her backstory from the war and her history with Zalem.

Back