Alienware laptop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alienware makes some good laptops but for that price you're kind of getting screwed. You could get more for your buck instead of paying for a name.

+great cooling
+great customer service

You do pay a slight premium over other brands, but again, that can be haggled with. I saved around $800 when I bought my M17x. So I guess I came out cheaper than other alternatives at the time.

+great cooling
+great customer service

You do pay a slight premium over other brands, but again, that can be haggled with. I saved around $800 when I bought my M17x. So I guess I came out cheaper than other alternatives at the time.

how did you get the savings?

Stacking existing deals and calling in and negotiating. I probably called 5 different times to get different reps. Just talked about what kind of configurations they can offer, price, my limit, what I'm looking for, yadda yadda.

how did you get the savings?

Here is a good forum on how to save some money with Alienware:
https://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/456885-aw-dell-ordering-advice-how-save.html

I have an M18x and I am very pleased with my purchase. I like the quality of the build and the fact that it does not void the warranty if I open it up and add my own upgrades. In fact they will show you how to do it if you need help.

I think a lot of complaints on the internet are from people who know just enough about computers to be dangerous. They overclock the cpu and gpu as soon as they get it and then they get upset when it overheats and or crashes.

well those are the people that tries to run as much program as they can to see its limitations. I just want to use it for diablo 3 and other computer games :lol

I use mine the same way. I have a gaming desktop that I use 90% of the time but I got the M18x because wanted to be able to use it for gaming when I travel and its a great multimedia computer that I can move from room to room with ease. I just plug in an hdmi cable to my tv and I can watch Hulu, Netfix or any avi file I have. Mine might be overkill right now but I wanted to future proof it as much as possible.

I'm not saying you can't overclock them but you can't get an aftermarket cooler other than a cooling pad so you can only overclock a laptop so much.

Any Asus laptop with i7 processor, a good dedicated graphics card and 4gb + RAM, and a solid state hard drive should run the same as alienwaire/dell laptops. And there a lot cheaper.

Back