Aliens Warrior lifesize head - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say regarding to the cast quality, sideshow warrior bust is better than coolprops, the surface is very clean and neat.
And the lips and teeth, is definitely appealing to people.
I have to go with CP simply because I can't afford sideshow one.

Yes..the SS bust looks more like a cast from a sharp herohead and coolprops head more like one from a stunt foamhead.

When is the dog bust going up for p.o.?

Should be soon. I remember seeing that it was going to be going up before the end of 2016. Plus, seems like this one Is already completely done as they keep showcasing the paint master.

I also heard that it's going to be a bit pricey. From what I've read, the Big Chap and the Dog will be the most expensive of the line. Prob due to the clear domes and detailed under/ outer dome paint apps. Get those wallets ready!

I'm very interested in the dog alien & Big Chap head myself...I'm just hoping CP designed their boxes in such fashion that those clear domes won't touch the polystyrene(if this is even possible?)...otherwise you can bet on it there will be scratches from the rubbing during transport, even when the domes are wrapped in a protective material.I have seen this happening with the Giger miniature bust...many of these had scuffs/scratches.There's only 1 solution to keep the domes scratchfree = no touching the polystyrene!
I hope CP is aware of that.

I had two SS BC LSBs and both had scratched domes.

I vigorously rubbed them against the polystyrene to see if that caused the issue and there wasn't so much as a mark.
Those did have a smoked lacquer over the plastic dome though.

Maybe the products you mentioned were made from a different material but I think most issues are caused in the factory.

Although I do want the complete set I think I'm gonna pass on this one and get Dog and Chap.

From what I've read, the Big Chap and the Dog will be the most expensive of the line.

Typical! What happened to these costing less than the P2 bust anyway? I assumed the high prices were due to the very small run in Japan. Shame this new run didn't drop in price to reflect the less collectible nature..

Typical! What happened to these costing less than the P2 bust anyway? I assumed the high prices were due to the very small run in Japan. Shame this new run didn't drop in price to reflect the less collectible nature..

Yea, I was also hoping that they would be a bit cheaper than the P2. I can only assume that the outcrys from fans, after the Japan release, have led to them believing that they could just pull in a few more bucks on each piece. I'm ok with that... as long as I'm blown away when I get them in hand.

Still though... I'm curious on how large the runs are going to be on these. How big was the run on the masks they've done?

1600 euros for the Blue variant in Europe... Sigh. I wish EU resellers had payment plans :(

I wish they were cheaper...

Here's something I just realised, the blue warrior is $100 more expensive than the brown, which itself makes little sense as it doesn't seem to be any more exclusive, the opposite will likely end up being true in fact. But other than the colour, they are the same weight and size etc. So why then is the blue version $216 more expensive than the brown version at CDUK? Something just doesn't add up. Although I probably shouldn't be surprised about us being shafted again. I do hope the Dog and Big chap aren't too expensive, I'll be more upset about having to pass on those than the warriors..

I wish they were cheaper...

Here's something I just realised, the blue warrior is $100 more expensive than the brown, which itself makes little sense as it doesn't seem to be any more exclusive, the opposite will likely end up being true in fact. But other than the colour, they are the same weight and size etc. So why then is the blue version $216 more expensive than the brown version at CDUK? Something just doesn't add up. Although I probably shouldn't be surprised about us being shafted again. I do hope the Dog and Big chap aren't too expensive, I'll be more upset about having to pass on those than the warriors..

I suspect the blue will have a much smaller edition size when they are announced. I'm sure the brown will be available for slightly longer than the blue, but it's prob their reason for the pricing. Just feeding off the edition size and hype for a limited piece.

I suspect the blue will have a much smaller edition size when they are announced. I'm sure the brown will be available for slightly longer than the blue, but it's prob their reason for the pricing. Just feeding off the edition size and hype for a limited piece.

I mean why is it so much more expensive over here for the blue over the brown. The difference should be $100, presumably less at wholesale prices. CP seem to leave the ES open and decide later, you have to imagine the blue will sell more so I'm not so sure it will be much more exclusive. Maybe they should have set an ES for that one from the get go in order to justify the extra cost.

If the ES is announced...

Mika from CoolProps confirmed that the ES will be announced when these start to ship. She also confirmed that each piece will be numbered.

I mean why is it so much more expensive over here for the blue over the brown. The difference should be $100, presumably less at wholesale prices. CP seem to leave the ES open and decide later, you have to imagine the blue will sell more so I'm not so sure it will be much more exclusive. Maybe they should have set an ES for that one from the get go in order to justify the extra cost.

Well think about it this way. If CoolProps has already determined, though they haven't announced it yet, that they will only make 200 blue and 500 brown. Then when they sell out, now or later, the blues will still be more exclusive. They may have also said that depending on how many blues sell, they will double the amount and put that many browns into the market. Still making the blue more exclusive. I guess the only way to really tell which one is more exclusive will be to wait til they ship and see the edition sizes.

Cool. Does that go for the P2 also?

I haven't heard anything officially in regards to the P2 bust. Only thing I've heard about the P2 is here on the forums saying that they will not have an edition size. Not sure if that info has been disseminated based on someone receiving an official response or just speculation. I would find it a bit strange if the P2 was not a numbered piece and the Alien heads were though.

They replied to a Facebook comment a while back saying that the P2 will not be numbered, but will be limited. Also that they might reveal the number produced afterwards. This could have changed of course..

Thats really a shame.So much expensive props should have a number.:(
But the Predator is so nice...I must have him!:wink1:

Back