Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched T2 and when he is at Dyson's place it is his walkie talkie that he hears the trouble at Cyberdyne? Also he has his sub machine gun before he crashes his bike into the helicopter, then he morphs through the hole and he uses the same gun to shoot at the swat van.

Perhaps that walkie talkie was another real working one from the biker cop. And the SMG, if indeed he is seen with it before the helicopter morph, perhaps he ermm...internalised it and brought it into the helicopter that way.

Here's my take... The Bug Stompers graphic insinuated they were a unit that was trained for combat against hostile terrestrial life forms. They acted like they didn't care about another encounter, like it wasn't the first case of Marines going into combat against other alien life forms before. It was more of a 'been there and done that' attitude and one more 'hostile bug' to deal with wouldn't be anything special. To me that's not the attitude of scared soldiers that might be potentially dealing with something as vicious as Ripley described. It's hardly the reaction you'd expect from people that hadn't encountered hostile alien life forms before.

So it's not unreasonable to assume that Colonial Marines had had run-ins with some pretty mean life forms before, and weren't particularly phased by the unique features of this new "Xenomporph" species Ripley described. Even though it was unique, It was still just another dangerous alien that needed to be dealt with, and that comes with the job.

That's my 2 cents worth.

:goodpost: That's the way I see it, too.

Hey there, I don't know if this has been brought up before(apologies if it has) but in T2 1 thing bothers me(quite a few do but this really makes me think they stuffed up). The T1000 supposably can't imitate bombs or guns because of chemicals and moving parts, but how the hell is he able to morph in various situations with his pistol , torch and walkie talkie? One particular instance is when he totally flattens himself on the floor of Pascadaro, he then rises into his human form with all his police equipment.

Anyone have a theory?

cheers.

He only needs the guns and ammunition, the rest of his gear it's probably a copy made from nanomorph mimetic poly-alloy and doesn't function. Another good question would be how the metal mimics the feel of cloth, but it's a movie, so most just leave it at that. No point trying to apply too much logic to these things. Too much logic bores.

Another good question would be how the metal mimics the feel of cloth, but it's a movie, so most just leave it at that. No point trying to apply too much logic to these things. Too much logic bores.

I see it with the same logic as how the skin he mimics manages to get him through time. Somehow the T-1000 gets his mimetic alloy to mimic the material and feel of anything he turns into.

Perhaps that walkie talkie was another real working one from the biker cop. And the SMG, if indeed he is seen with it before the helicopter morph, perhaps he ermm...internalised it and brought it into the helicopter that way.

Internalised it. :lol

As the walkie talkie,... yeah he probably had a real one from the biker cop, as he loses the whole belt after he gets hastalavista'd and melted.

I'd think so... depends on whether or not you have a legit copy of the game, complete with CD key.

He only needs the guns and ammunition, the rest of his gear it's probably a copy made from nanomorph mimetic poly-alloy and doesn't function. Another good question would be how the metal mimics the feel of cloth, but it's a movie, so most just leave it at that. No point trying to apply too much logic to these things. Too much logic bores.

:goodpost::exactly:

Here's my take... The Bug Stompers graphic insinuated they were a unit that was trained for combat against hostile terrestrial life forms. They acted like they didn't care about another encounter, like it wasn't the first case of Marines going into combat against other alien life forms before. It was more of a 'been there and done that' attitude and one more 'hostile bug' to deal with wouldn't be anything special. To me that's not the attitude of scared soldiers that might be potentially dealing with something as vicious as Ripley described. It's hardly the reaction you'd expect from people that hadn't encountered hostile alien life forms before.

So it's not unreasonable to assume that Colonial Marines had had run-ins with some pretty mean life forms before, and weren't particularly phased by the unique features of this new "Xenomporph" species Ripley described. Even though it was unique, It was still just another dangerous alien that needed to be dealt with, and that comes with the job.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Spot on! :goodpost:

So watching AVP-R (Before anyone makes a comment, I know.) In the sewers one of the hobos has a dog, is it possible a dog alien was spawned or would they have simply killed the dog with so many potnetial humans around?

(Good to be back after a few months ;) )

Probably killed it.

I don't think there were any Facehuggers left (although there might have been when we see the doggy, can't really remember when that was..), and the Praetorian Predalien only impregnates females.. Or did I just come up with that..

Either way, I'd guess they killed it.

So watching AVP-R (Before anyone makes a comment, I know.) In the sewers one of the hobos has a dog, is it possible a dog alien was spawned or would they have simply killed the dog with so many potnetial humans around?

(Good to be back after a few months ;) )

Probably killed it.

I don't think there were any Facehuggers left (although there might have been when we see the doggy, can't really remember when that was..), and the Praetorian Predalien only impregnates females.. Or did I just come up with that..

Either way, I'd guess they killed it.

They do what the writer tells them to do. :lol The rest is up to your imagination. :lol

Anyone seen the colonial marines trailer, looks really good, I hope lol

definitely getting colonial marines. looks awesome.
lets just hope it was worth the wait lol.

hopefully this game will breathe some well needed life into the franchise and do well.
then maybe HT will get the license and give us some new marines and aliens that we deserve.......wont hold my breathe though

I can't see us getting any merchandise from this game...

I really hope the game is better than AvP 2010 was.. AvP 2010 seemed so, short and simple..Idunno.

[ame="https://youtu.be/8cFMMQie5RU"]302 Found[/ame]

Can't wait to kick some xeno tail.

It's been a long time coming.

I actually enjoyed AVP 2010, but it wasn't really true to the movies. Never understood why game companies feel they have to use the AVP designs or give their Predators two wrist-blades. That's just a little example, mind you. Still great to get a new game after all these years, so I wasn't complaining.

I'm more excited for Colonial Marines since it looks like Gearbox did their homework on it. Finally, an "Aliens"-based experience without the artistic license that's been showing up lately. The extra gameplay and co-op ideas sound fantastic, too.

Back