Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was subject of a really big rant by me over at another board.
They release a new version, but I dunno when...but the fact of the matter is this:
It´s NOT a full score. It´s the same piece, with notes from Brad Fiedel, with the artwork from the Steel Edition that´s been released a few months before the skynet edition and NOT a full score, why I went haywire.
My question why was answered with an absolute idiotic one, by member, but it´s not her fault, but the fault from the movie company.
She said that the masters of the score are actually LOST!!!.
One of the greatest movies of that company and they loose the masters to a score that´s been screamed after for almost 2 decades now.
Imagine that...

Wow, that is so very annoying. The gaps in that score are very frustrating to a huge Terminator fan and that they will probably never be released because the master has been lost just sucks.

that's very disappointing, are they able to filter out the sound effects/dialogue from the film and recreate the full score?

I hope they release something soon, I wish the OST for Terminator and Terminator 2 weren't out of print and peeps scalping them for over $100 on Amazon.

A good buddie over at terminatorfiles actually has a complete score.
The problem is that he and another dude made the score JUST for themselves.
He made the booklet and the other extracted the complete score from the ultimate edition of t2 without effects and they made an agreement to not share that.
Since all is lost and I dunno if the company is extracting it one more time, we'll maybe never get it...

He said because of an agreement, like I said before.
It´s even copyright infringement because they did that, but since there´s no score it would a big deal of fan and colleague service, you know?
Time´s about to nag on me because of that, maybe their "agreement" would fade if I would tell them what idiotic problems cause the score to not emerge...

it is, too bad we don't have any contact information for Brad Fiedel to confirm if the full score no longer exists. who knows, he might still have it in his possession. that would be wonderful.

I've posted these before - they're an attempt (not mine) to filter out dialogue and sound effects to just get the missing pieces of T2 score but it didn't quite work:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e7-Ig9q77Lw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e7-Ig9q77Lw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ix9pE2Yvyco&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ix9pE2Yvyco&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yeah, I saw those the first time you posted' em, a-dev.
Not that bad considering all the fx.
But the guy that made that special score together with another dude said they actually extracted all 6 soundlines...cause of 5.1, rip the music from the fx and put the lines back together.
But I dunno how, cause mp3 is compressed, so how extracting those?
Is there something like a DE- extractor?

why are there two versions to the opening Terminator credits song, one that sounds like blades slicing and the other doesn't have it?

I haven't mailed ordered any items internationally before but wanted to know if this is worth picking up, is there any additional material on it?

51o8NzDG4nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That´s the edition I meant when I said that the soundtrack is being re-released with the look of the T2 "Steel Edition".

Only some writings by Fiedel in the booklet, furthermore no additional content on it...

thanks Endo, your post came to mind when I saw this but wanted to make sure. is this an official release and they said it's going to be remastered but in what sense?

also with Terminator soundtrack do any of you know if there is any difference between the Definitive Edition and Definite Edition?

thanks Endo, your post came to mind when I saw this but wanted to make sure. is this an official release and they said it's going to be remastered but in what sense?

also with Terminator soundtrack do any of you know if there is any difference between the Definitive Edition and Definite Edition?

I'm pretty sure 'Definite' edition is just a spelling error - they meant 'definitive'. Ergo concordently the cd content is probably the same.

Just watching the extras on the P1 DVD and I'm wondering does anyone else find it strange how different Shane Black (Hawkins) looks between not only the 2001 interviews and as he appears in the film back in 87 but even in the 1987 on-location interviews? He just never looks like the same guy, its wierd. Could those big glasses really have that effect??

I noticed that, too. Dunno what it is, but he's a man of many faces indeed...

...now if only I could find a way to word that phrase without sounding foofy.

Strange innit. Theres 3 guys - Shane black in the film with the big glasses, shane black in 1987 interviews who kinda reminds me of John Mayer, and then Shane black of 2001 who looks different again...not just talking 'older' different - different as in is that really the same person.

Back