Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point Matt. Perhaps if he weren't taken by surprise with the press starting up, he may have had some options for stopping it.

Really though, I'm sure Cameron meant to depict the vulnerabilities of a Terminator at that point in the movie, and hydraulic presses are among its weaknesses. T3 is BS.

Not that it will count for much cause it was alot of bs writing but it would be easier to push up against the door then it would from the weight being pushed down. Also the terminator in '84 wasn't looking to stop the press only killing Sarah.

It could be that the Terminator in T1 just wasn't as smart or using as an advanced a processor as the T850 was along with the stronger metal for the endo-skeleton. Ultimately, I liked all the movies with T2 being the best, followed by T1 and then T3.. Salvation should have used a T2 look in the battlefield however they dirtied things up to make them look more realistic. I know it is bad screenwriting and possibly bad overall studying or brain-storming about time theory and making sense of the time travel component. I agree with Surfer that T3 killed off any hope of the series getting better.. And not having Arnold in T4 for longer than 25 seconds hurt the movie. They needed a whole army of Arnold's however it would be hard to hide that many robot schlongs.

What would have made Salvation better is if they brought back the T-1000 or had an army of T-1000's fighting soldiers as skynet's last ditch effort to fight off the resistance. John had to find the T-850 or T-800 assembly line and re-program all of them so they fight against the T-1000's as their only hope. A massive awesome battle ensues, total mayhem and destruction. Thousands of Arnold's fighting thousands of Robert Patrick's..I don't care how screwed up cannon was, I would have payed to see that.

as much as i'd disregard t3 and all the stuff in it, i'd like to pitch in my 2cents' regarding the t850 holding up the blast door vs the t800 getting crushed in the hydraulic press.

to me it's fairly simple. the t850 was more or less physically intact, whereas the t800 in t1 was left with only the upper half of its torso. in addition to being constructed of harder stuff, the t850 simply had the benefit of leverage, using his legs to brace against the ground for more strength. the t800 did not have any lower limbs to gain leverage, plus it was on its stomach, which is a poor position to get any kind of leverage.

in any case, the t850 wouldn't be able to hold up the door very long anyway. but he only needed to hold it up long enough to allow john and kate thru. then his mission was complete and then he could very well let the door crush him (and the tx).

Read your now timeline theory, Supes and sound decently upgraded.
Makes even more sense now.
But I´m still betrapped between your and Surfer´s theorys.
On one side, there´s always to be a John Connor, so Kyle needs to be send back, so everything HAS a loop, but thx to your theory of course everything has to be sped up and it has to start, but here and on the terminator forum I´m on I didn´t read a good description, so maybe we have to asume that Cameron didn´t all think it through and it just started with Kyle and an undescripted future and beforehand loop...

@tylerdurden: Good point. And you have to think one more thing through: One of the T1´s T-800 arms was crushed, namely the one inside the press, so he wouldn´t even have enough surface to apply power, even if he would´ve made it in time to push himself up.

What would have made Salvation better is if they brought back the T-1000 or had an army of T-1000's fighting soldiers as skynet's last ditch effort to fight off the resistance. John had to find the T-850 or T-800 assembly line and re-program all of them so they fight against the T-1000's as their only hope. A massive awesome battle ensues, total mayhem and destruction. Thousands of Arnold's fighting thousands of Robert Patrick's..I don't care how screwed up cannon was, I would have payed to see that.

I like your ideas, they are very comic book though. Not in a bad way! I would like to see a massive stand off :rock between T-1000' and T-800's but I have a few points to raise here:

1) An army of T-1000 would not happen. The T-1000 is an advanced prototype model, meaning not many were made let alone an army :lol

2) I like your idea of reprogramming T-800's! But, Skynets production lines are autonomous. Meaning they machine made machines, not access point for a hack or reprogramme. My biggest hate in the T-4ending is all the human access points! :banghead Ducts, doors ect....

3) Put your self in resistance fighter shoes, machines have ended your whole life and world that you once loved. You have never reprogrammed a complex infiltrator before, would you really attempt a whole line of killer T-800's? Could you trust them?

As I said good idea but it's best suited to comic book :borg

I have a question from ALIEN after watching it last night.

I've seen this movie at least 20 times, and I still have a hard time piecing something together. It's in regards to the very end of the film, when Ripley, Lambert and Parker are the only ones alive. Ripley goes to prepare the self-destruct mechanism and the escape ship, while Lambert and Parker go to collect cooling tanks.

My question involves Ripley's plans once she discovers the deaths of Lambert and Parker. I know she goes to try and shut down the self-destruct mechanism, but why would she do this? So she could have enough time to collect the cooling tanks herself? After being unsuccessful at shutting down the self-destruct, I just don't get her plan of action. She just kind of walks around, until ultimately coming back to the escape ship with 30 seconds left. What is she trying to accomplish after failing to shut off the self-destruct?

I like your ideas, they are very comic book though. Not in a bad way! I would like to see a massive stand off :rock between T-1000' and T-800's but I have a few points to raise here:

1) An army of T-1000 would not happen. The T-1000 is an advanced prototype model, meaning not many were made let alone an army :lol

2) I like your idea of reprogramming T-800's! But, Skynets production lines are autonomous. Meaning they machine made machines, not access point for a hack or reprogramme. My biggest hate in the T-4ending is all the human access points! :banghead Ducts, doors ect....

3) Put your self in resistance fighter shoes, machines have ended your whole life and world that you once loved. You have never reprogrammed a complex infiltrator before, would you really attempt a whole line of killer T-800's? Could you trust them?

As I said good idea but it's best suited to comic book :borg

Yes, the T-1000 is a prototype in one of the timeline. However things changed and the TX uploaded info on the T-1000 and a more advanced version of herself the TX so an army of T-1000's is not out of the question in Salvation's future. And an army of T-1000's whipe out half the resistance easily and John Connor is scrambling for their lives. He comes up with the idea of finding and re-programing a T-800 or T-850 assembly line and a bad ass fight ensues where the T-850's armed with some type of liquid nitrogen weapon decimates the T-1000 camp since John knows how to stop them already from T2. It's a big blockbuster of a movie and needs armies fighting by this point. I am tired of 1 on 1 man vs machine and the machine just throws the human around and looks like a fool. The T-800 in Salvation at the end of the movie fought like a little girl. The only explanation someone can give me is Skynet somehow mixed up the chip they were supposed to give him with a non-lethal training robot that is only supposed to push you around so it can take a beating. lol..

I have a question from ALIEN after watching it last night.

I've seen this movie at least 20 times, and I still have a hard time piecing something together. It's in regards to the very end of the film, when Ripley, Lambert and Parker are the only ones alive. Ripley goes to prepare the self-destruct mechanism and the escape ship, while Lambert and Parker go to collect cooling tanks.

My question involves Ripley's plans once she discovers the deaths of Lambert and Parker. I know she goes to try and shut down the self-destruct mechanism, but why would she do this? So she could have enough time to collect the cooling tanks herself? After being unsuccessful at shutting down the self-destruct, I just don't get her plan of action. She just kind of walks around, until ultimately coming back to the escape ship with 30 seconds left. What is she trying to accomplish after failing to shut off the self-destruct?

remember that ripley saw the alien so she thought she wouldn't be able to escape in time. so she tried to disable the self-destruct to buy some time. better to have a fighting chance of survival than the certainty of being blown to smithereens.

The Alien was also standing right in front of the shuttle entry way. With no sign that it would move in ten minutes, all she could do was try to stop the count down.

The editing may make it look like she takes too much time to get back to the shuttle, but there is also a missing scene there where she finds Dallas and Brett cocooned. Editing around that may have made it look weird.

The Alien was also standing right in front of the shuttle entry way. With no sign that it would move in ten minutes, all she could do was try to stop the count down.

The editing may make it look like she takes too much time to get back to the shuttle, but there is also a missing scene there where she finds Dallas and Brett cocooned. Editing around that may have made it look weird.

Exactly...you are correct on all points.

Yupp, nothing to say against. Only thing to say is that this deleted and then reinserted scene is one my favorite deleted ones.
Other is the "operation" on arnies cpu from T2.

Yupp, nothing to say against. Only thing to say is that this deleted and then reinserted scene is one my favorite deleted ones.
Other is the "operation" on arnies cpu from T2.

i understand cameron edited it out due to timing constraints. but i felt this scene was very signficant. it not only showed the inner workings of the terminator units, it emphasized young john's blossoming leadership abilities. plus it was really fun to watch, esp when arnie goes all blank. :lol

At what point does adult John Connor suddenly stop and think "hmm I sense my mum and my past self are in danger - ill send a terminator back thru time and help them out"?

and exactly how does he gain control over the terminator?

It´s never explicitly stated when it happens, even not if John reprogramms him.
It´s only told that the resistance managed to get a savior, a protector for John.

The Answers: Salvation 2

Depends on what the new owner plans to do with the franchise. So far it looks to be lionsgate.Though I doubt it will be a sequel to Salvation, since it didnt meet "fans" expectations.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea if or when the Alien films will be seeing a blu-ray release?

Probably near the release of the next Aliens or Predator or Aliens vs Predator movie that comes out. I'm pretty sure one will come out this year, if not early next year. It is possible it comes out ready for Christmas of next year since we know they already exist. Sigourney Weaver gave the entire Alien Quadrilogy on Blu-ray to her daughter for Christmas. Aliens is her daughters favorite film.

Probably near the release of the next Aliens or Predator or Aliens vs Predator movie that comes out. I'm pretty sure one will come out this year, if not early next year. It is possible it comes out ready for Christmas of next year since we know they already exist. Sigourney Weaver gave the entire Alien Quadrilogy on Blu-ray to her daughter for Christmas. Aliens is her daughters favorite film.

Really? Wow, thats mad. Wonder if she got a discount. lol.

Back