Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At what point does adult John Connor suddenly stop and think "hmm I sense my mum and my past self are in danger - ill send a terminator back thru time and help them out"?

and exactly how does he gain control over the terminator?

1. If he had experienced a Terminator coming back in time to save his ass, then he would know to send one. And if Sarah had told him that he will send Kyle to save (and nail) her ass, then he knows to send Kyle. You did watch T2, right? :rolleyes:Besides, the Resistance discovers that Skynet has sent these Terminators when they capture the Time Displacement Equipment. Kyle talks about that in T1.

2. If I could write how they captured a Terminator, I'd probably go with something along the lines of how they stopped the Sentinels in the Matrix with some kind of electro magnetic pulse. We haven't seen anything yet to suggests that a Terminator wouldn't be affected by an EMP. In fact, the blast from the TX put the T-850 down for several minutes. A similar weapon as that may be used. While the Terminator is down, John knows, from the alternate scene in T2, how to remove a Terminator's CPU. The rest will be history.

Something I just noticed by watching Predator2:

Humans now have a P2 Bio-helmet, 2 plasma casters (one from AVP-R, the other from P2), a P2 spear, a piece of the left gauntlet, and P2's left hand.

Who knows if they found anything left behind from Predator 1. (like the ship/ drop pod)

I'd say "we" sure have a lot of predator technology to experiment on and reverse engineer.
It shouldn't be too much longer before Preds don't pose a threat to humans anymore.

Something I just noticed by watching Predator2:

Humans now have a P2 Bio-helmet, 2 plasma casters (one from AVP-R, the other from P2), a P2 spear, a piece of the left gauntlet, and P2's left hand.

Who knows if they found anything left behind from Predator 1. (like the ship/ drop pod)

I'd say "we" sure have a lot of predator technology to experiment on and reverse engineer.
It shouldn't be too much longer before Preds don't pose a threat to humans anymore.

If that's possible, maybe the tech is rigged to detonate if tampered with or something to that effect. We all know Preds like big explosions! :fireworks

We all know Preds like big explosions! :fireworks

Which is something I find quite 'sore loser' about the predators. "Well ye beat me, but you aint gonna live to tell the tale mofo"

Because I'm fairly certain you don't need an explosion that big just to destroy some equipment.

Which is something I find quite 'sore loser' about the predators. "Well ye beat me, but you aint gonna live to tell the tale mofo"

Because I'm fairly certain you don't need an explosion that big just to destroy some equipment.

I think it adds to their cocky personality. The way they move , act , laugh. It all gives the preds a cool edge. :D

1. If he had experienced a Terminator coming back in time to save his ass, then he would know to send one. And if Sarah had told him that he will send Kyle to save (and nail) her ass, then he knows to send Kyle. You did watch T2, right? :rolleyes:Besides, the Resistance discovers that Skynet has sent these Terminators when they capture the Time Displacement Equipment. Kyle talks about that in T1.

2. If I could write how they captured a Terminator, I'd probably go with something along the lines of how they stopped the Sentinels in the Matrix with some kind of electro magnetic pulse. We haven't seen anything yet to suggests that a Terminator wouldn't be affected by an EMP. In fact, the blast from the TX put the T-850 down for several minutes. A similar weapon as that may be used. While the Terminator is down, John knows, from the alternate scene in T2, how to remove a Terminator's CPU. The rest will be history.

Yep, once the resistance discovers the time displacement equipment and figures out how to decrypt the computer data stored, they know who, what, when and where basically and can send back whomever and whenever. My theory is that the machines may have messed with the data perhaps in one of the timeliness to try and throw John or Kyle off. There has to be some twist once we reach that point in Terminator: Resistance 5... I'm guessing Terminator: Resistance is what the next film will be called.

So, with the Alien, why the skull under the dome? I know that the Alien takes on characteristics of its host, but I don't understand why a skull. I need to be enlightened. Thanks.

So, with the Alien, why the skull under the dome? I know that the Alien takes on characteristics of its host, but I don't understand why a skull. I need to be enlightened. Thanks.

You kind of answered your own question.

Fan reason = It takes on the characteristics of it's host. Human host...human-ish skull.

Actual reason = Giger likes skulls and thought it would look good with a skull under the dome.

Now, please don't ask "why not in ALIENS"...totally different movie.

I got this Sabres.

Fan reason = ???

Actual reason = Cameron's fault.

This is my favorite shot of the skull. Thought I'd share it. Anybody else think this would have been an amazingly freaky look for the Aliens in Aliens.
alien1z.jpg

I got this Sabres.

Fan reason = ???

This is my favorite shot of the skull. Thought I'd share it. Anybody else think this would have been an amazingly freaky look for the Aliens in Aliens.
alien1z.jpg
Well, that's kind of the look they got with the Alien Resurrection movie's baby Alien.

"picks up rock...throws at Matt as he runs away...hits Matt in head...Matt falls in pile of poop...hilarity ensues...everyone laughs"

Hey Sabres, why isn't there a skull under the dome in Aliens?!

/runs away!

I agree SS.

That would have been a truly freaky look for the Aliens.

I got this Sabres.

Fan reason = ???

alien1z.jpg

Today, 23 years after-the-fact and at the age of 27, I realised that I never really understood Hawkins joke he tells to Billy in Predator after the assault on the guerilla camp!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I always assumed he was simply implying he was an echo-ey room or something. For some reason it just today occurred to me that in fact he was suggesting-

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel like Data in Star Trek:Generations when, because of his newly installed emotion chip, he finally gets a joke Geordi told 7 years prior!

:lol:lol:lol:lol That's awesome! "Larger world..." Get it?

You don't need anyone to explain what, "Mine's as big as a house," meant, too, do you, a-dev? You see, they were at the pet store, and Hawkins wanted a kitten, not a Garfield.

You've just taken your first step into a larger world.

Y'know sometimes I amaze even myself :D

You don't need anyone to explain what, "Mine's as big as a house," meant, too, do you, a-dev? You see, they were at the pet store, and Hawkins wanted a kitten, not a Garfield.

Well...actually....:eek:

:lol I'm pretty sure I always understood that particular one. I just always thought the second joke he tells Billy didn't have much of a punchline. "Ok there was an echo...haha :confused:, did he just tone it down because Billy didn't laugh at the other one?!"

"you guys are a bunch of slack-jawed faggots! this stuff will make you a goddamned sexual tyrannosaurus... just like me."

:D

Today, 23 years after-the-fact and at the age of 27, I realised that I never really understood Hawkins joke he tells to Billy in Predator after the assault on the guerilla camp!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I always assumed he was simply implying he was an echo-ey room or something. For some reason it just today occurred to me that in fact he was suggesting-

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel like Data in Star Trek:Generations when, because of his newly installed emotion chip, he finally gets a joke Geordi told 7 years prior!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back