Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But here's another for you hardcore fans out there. In T-1, Kyle states that only living things can go through the time machine. So I assume that the T-800 was able to go because of the living tissue and flesh over the Endo body. But if the T-1000 is pure liquid metal and the T-X is both, Liquid metal and an Endo, how are they able to go through the time machine??

Gonna beat Silent Surfer to this one! :lol

2) Kyle claims in the first Terminator film, something along the lines of, "I don't know TECH stuff". So he may have miss heard or misunderstood something.

Silent probs has a couple more! :D

Like I said Silent Surfer is like Terminator God of knowledge! I'm merely a disciple! :borg

:lol Love you guys on here.

The way I see it, given that we saw the T-X arrival without a flesh sack, and taking off from Skynet's #2 theory of Kyle not knowing Tech stuff, is that the mimetic alloy not only looks like human flesh, but also mimics/produces the energy field living flesh generates. This would be essectial to it be able to go through time. Kyle said, "...something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go." That is the only explanation that fits all movies. I imagine it would also be warm to the touch.

However, I think it probably wouldn't be as perfectly convincing as an 800 cyborg would for the fact that it wouldn't be able to mimic sweat, bad breath, blood, etc. because the T2 800 said, "Bombs have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way." So what it makes up for in improved camouflage ability it lost in the ability to be heavily scrutinized. The 1000 wouldn't be able to pass for human if it had to be around them for an extended period of time.

Just my extra 2 cents.

:lol Love you guys on here.

The way I see it, given that we saw the T-X arrival without a flesh sack, and taking off from Skynet's #2 theory of Kyle not knowing Tech stuff, is that the mimetic alloy not only looks like human flesh, but also mimics/produces the energy field living flesh generates. This would be essectial to it be able to go through time. Kyle said, "...something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go." That is the only explanation that fits all movies. I imagine it would also be warm to the touch.

However, I think it probably wouldn't be as perfectly convincing as an 800 cyborg would for the fact that it wouldn't be able to mimic sweat, bad breath, blood, etc. because the T2 800 said, "Bombs have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way." So what it makes up for in improved camouflage ability it lost in the ability to be heavily scrutinized. The 1000 wouldn't be able to pass for human if it had to be around them for an extended period of time.

Just my extra 2 cents.

Very Nice, now that would seem to fit in.

Hmmm. Doesn't Seeker basically mean Hunter? If I seek prey, am I not hunting it?

The Aerostats are scouts for the HKs.

Moto-terminators should be called Moto-HKs since they decided not to make them have Terminator design aspects that they can transform into.

Not really.
To hunt means the pursuit and killing or capture of something.
To seek means to quest for/ the act of searching for, or locating something.

Like you said before, Aerostats are just scouts without the ability to kill.
I suppose that's what was meant.

I agree about the Moto-T's.

Yeah, I think you're right. Seeker is not exactly equal to hunter. Intent and end result can be very different. Bargain hunter is really a bargain seeker, but a deer hunter is not a deer seeker.

No, Skynet didn't do the upgrade for the 850. Much to your dismay, yes, the resistance reporgrammed and refitted the 850.

T-1000 goes back to '94. Resistance sends 800. Somehow Skynet learns of the rogue 800 and realizes it has stopped the 1000.

"My presence in this timeline has been anticipated." -T-850.

The T-X was sent to eliminate John's fighters cause he was no longer in the records. "...off the grid." -John Connor. It is also geared up to take out the 800 if need be.

The resistance knows what the T-X can do, upgrades an 800 with more psychological subroutines (for John's sake)
"Anger is more useful than dispair. Basic psychology is among my subroutines." -T-850

They also made the chassis tougher, which made it heavier.
"This guy ways a ton." -EMT. The T-800s in T1 and T2 were not so heavy. They were easily knocked down by shotgun blasts, and could even be tackled. John even helped the 800 in T2 walk after its battle with the 1000. Excessive weight would have been a sign that a Terminator isn't human, but in T3 the 850 had to be able to survive the T-X weapons.

I don't think the 50 in 850 is a Skynet desgnation, but a resistance designation for upgrades made to an existing series number.

Well you covered a lot of stuff that I wasnt questioning and I do like the idea that Skynet sent the TX back just in case the T2 800 was still hanging around. When Arnie says "My presence in this timeline has been anticipated", I just took it as Skynet would now assume that the resistance would send another reprogramed terminator back to be a protector.

I still dont buy the weight/stronger chassis issue with the 850. (A) its not in the movie and (B) if the resistance is producing stronger metals to bulk up terminators, able to upgrade terminators to make them smarter and of course are able to re-flesh them, then why are they not just building super terminators to win the war for them?

As for the EMT saying that Arnie weighs a ton. Hes not saying that he weighs more then a 800. That line is just for us at home watching to sell the idea that the terminators do weigh more then a human of the same size. I think a lot people got the idea that they should weigh 2000lbs or something like that because of that scene.

I like to think that Terminators dont weigh much more then a human of equal size. It wouldnt be hard to set up floor scales around your HQ if your the resistance.

" Oh hi there. Ummm.. so you would like to enter the base? ummm theres a problem though... you weigh 1200 pounds...Blast him!!!"
Scales would work better then dogs..

From this point forward, I denounce the phrase moto-terminators. They are now Moto-HKs in my book because it really does make a lot more sense.

I still dont buy the weight/stronger chassis issue with the 850. (A) its not in the movie and (B) if the resistance is producing stronger metals to bulk up terminators, able to upgrade terminators to make them smarter and of course are able to re-flesh them, then why are they not just building super terminators to win the war for them?

The resistance would not have the ability to upgrade and reflesh Terminators until after they captured Skynet's factory. The resistance is living off of scraps and hiding in holes. I don't think they would have nearly the amount of military resources or technology shown in T4. "Skynet decided our fate in a microsecond. Extermination. We were this close to going out forever." That doesn't sound like the organized, battle-ready Resistance from Salvation. That sounds like they are lucky to have radios and the weapons they have. Their vehicles in T1 were old cars, not A10 Warthogs and Nuclear Subs. Even reprogramming a Terminator in Kyle's flashforwards in T1 would have likely been impossible. Building one on their own is totally out of the question, and taking one down probably means there isn't enough of it left functional to use.
As for evidence of the upgraded 850 chassis, I actually got that from here-
https://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Series_850
"The 200 kilo T-850 endoskeleton has been upgraded from the T-800, though these are not necessarily visible from the outside. The main modification to the T-850 is its increased titanium alloy armor, hardening it to plasma weapons,...Tougher and more resilient, the T-850 has also been equipped with more powerful servo motors and hydraulic systems,..."

As for the EMT saying that Arnie weighs a ton. Hes not saying that he weighs more then a 800. That line is just for us at home watching to sell the idea that the terminators do weigh more then a human of the same size. I think a lot people got the idea that they should weigh 2000lbs or something like that because of that scene.

I like to think that Terminators dont weigh much more then a human of equal size.

I never took it literally myself either. Nobody really means something weighs 2000lbs when they say "weighs a ton". Like you, I also believe Terminators (800s at least) should weigh close to human weight. I would think the chassis wouldn't weigh much more than aluminum, but being a hyperalloy of Skynet's unknown mix would be as strong or stronger than steel and titanium. And titanium itself is fairly light.

Last edited:
The resistance would not have the ability to upgrade and reflesh Terminators until after they captured Skynet's factory. The resistance is living off of scraps and hiding in holes. I don't think they would have nearly the amount of military resources or technology shown in T4. "Skynet decided our fate in a microsecond. Extermination. We were this close to going out forever." That doesn't sound like the organized, battle-ready Resistance from Salvation. That sounds like they are lucky to have radios and the weapons they have. Their vehicles in T1 were old cars, not A10 Warthogs and Nuclear Subs. Even reprogramming a Terminator in Kyle's flashforwards in T1 would have likely been impossible. Building one on their own is totally out of the question, and taking one down probably means there isn't enough of it left functional to use.
As for evidence of the upgraded 850 chassis, I actually got that from here-
https://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Series_850
"The 200 kilo T-850 endoskeleton has been upgraded from the T-800, though these are not necessarily visible from the outside. The main modification to the T-850 is its increased titanium alloy armor, hardening it to plasma weapons,...Tougher and more resilient, the T-850 has also been equipped with more powerful servo motors and hydraulic systems,.

Ok so all good terminators are sent back from skynet once the resistance takes over the factory, but are you saying that the resistance first takes an 800 endo, rebuilds it with the super armor, reprograms it and upgrades its smarts, and then puts the flesh on it?

I just dont like the idea that the resistance can storm a factory and be able to make a super 800 (850) just like that.. All this technology and skynet didnt come up with it first?

Ok so all good terminators are sent back from skynet once the resistance takes over the factory, but are you saying that the resistance first takes an 800 endo, rebuilds it with the super armor, reprograms it and upgrades its smarts, and then puts the flesh on it?

I just dont like the idea that the resistance can storm a factory and be able to make a super 800 (850) just like that.. All this technology and skynet didnt come up with it first?

According to T3 (crap movie, plot holes, idiotic answers, mess with the ideology and some ground rules set by Cameron), people actually built Terminator and Hunter Killers etc. Skynet simply took over and improved it all..
Why are we even talking about T3, it makes NO sense!

"Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Connor then would make no difference."

"That's when you found the... Time Dispacement Equipment?"

Once Skynet was defeated, the Resistance could do anything they wanted with any of Skynet's toys. I'm not saying they rushed in, hurried up, and built a new Terminator. They probably came in, assessed the situation, discovered the time equpiment and evidence of Terminators going back (or they simply knew cause John would have told them at that point), decided what was necessary to counter each Terminator, and acted accordingly with all the time they needed. It's not like they had to hurry to send someone back in time. They pull an 800 off the assembly line (or have one made) and send it after the 1000. The 850 kills John, but the resistance stops it with the intention of sending it after the T-X. The skin would certainly have been damaged, but before popping it into the cyber-skin generator, they toughen it up a bit (maybe even replacing entire parts with recast pieces with more titanium), reflesh it, and send it through.

I was mistaken about the Resistance upgrading the 850 programming though. According to the Wiki, the psyche upgrades were made by Skynet. And that was probably done so that it could get close to John. "My model number was selected because of his boyhood attachment." We may never see on screen what actually happened, but it seems that Skynet knew more than it possibly could have about the events of T2 and took advantage of it.

And, yes, T3 f'd the whole mythology up, but it's fun trying to make it all fit anyway.

According to T3, people actually built Terminator and Hunter Killers etc. Skynet simply took over and improved it all..

I think that has to be the case anyway since Cyberdyne had the chip and the endo remains from day one. At least some or most of what Skynet has at its disposal must have come from what Cyberdyne was working on before Skynet went AI.

I really like your explanations, and you're doing amazing job connecting it all together..

I simply choose to believe that there is no T3, and that T Salvation is just a new trilogy!
T1 and T2 are TRUE ORIGINAL movies..

I think that has to be the case anyway since Cyberdyne had the chip and the endo remains from day one. At least some or most of what Skynet has at its disposal must have come from what Cyberdyne was working on before Skynet went AI.

Yea I mean that was what Cameron was going for right? If the Terminator was never sent back to 84' to Kill Sarah, it would have never been discovered by Cyberdyne which used the technology to create Skynet while Kyle that was sent back to protect Sarah impregnates her to create John the person that eventually leads mankind to victory over skynet.

I think if Dyson had finally hacked into the slightly damaged chip from the first T-800, they would have had tons of files on pretty much everything from the future.

In T2 was the T-1000 programmed to assume the identity of a cop? Cos it became very conveniently useful in his mission to have the authority of one to get humans to do what he wanted.

nah, the t1000 is simply a superior infiltration unit. the first victim it terminated upon its arrival in 1995 was a cop. and the t1000 assumed the cop guise because it understood that a law enforcement officer would have the authority to go pretty much anywhere and do almost anything without being stopped or having undue suspicion called to itself. in other words, the perfect cover.

also, i think cameron said he liked the idea of subverting the traditional role of a "protector" into something utterly without any regard for law and order, or life for that matter.

Why can the T-1000 only see through his eyes like a normal human or regular mechanical Terminator? Remember when he has skewered Sarah through her shoulder he is taken by surprise by the T-800 who almost cuts him apart right down the middle. Why would he not have seen or heard the T-800 sneaking up on him?

Also, could he make himself equally as resistant to bullets as the hyper-alloy combat chassis of a T-800? If he can why did he never seem to do so in the film?

that's actually a pretty good question.

i did ponder that myself. it would in fact be better for the t1000 to be so "sense aware" that nothing/no one could take him by surprise. after all, he specializes in sampling his surroundings so the next logical step would be that he's equipped with visual/auditory/olfactory (smell) sensors that anticipate the enemy's presence.

but i guess this wasn't done for a couple of reasons.

the first is probably that the t1000's sensors are "assigned" to specific parts of his body. as we saw in the t2 special edition, he sweeps his fingers over objects to "read" them for information, so his fingertips are the default instruments for tactile sensors. of course, he can sample objects/people using any part of him that comes into contact with the subjects. but still, he has one particular part that he uses for one particular function. so similarly, his eyes being located in the front of his head would be the default location for visual sensors. thus, he can't see behind him and people can sneak up on him...

the second reason to me is more likely though. cameron didn't want to make the t1000 too invincible. cos if this terminator can see u from any direction, he'd be near impossible to defeat.

as for why he hasn't got armour, personally i feel his amorphous nature is way better than armour. instead of deflecting bullets, he can absorb them or let them pass thru him. of course, he didn't do a very good job getting rid ofthe explosive shell arnie shot into him before it blew him to bits. :D

that's my 2 cents'...

the first is probably that the t1000's sensors are "assigned" to specific parts of his body. as we saw in the t2 special edition, he sweeps his fingers over objects to "read" them for information, so his fingertips are the default instruments for tactile sensors. of course, he can sample objects/people using any part of him that comes into contact with the subjects. but still, he has one particular part that he uses for one particular function. so similarly, his eyes being located in the front of his head would be the default location for visual sensors. thus, he can't see behind him and people can sneak up on him...

Yeah, perhaps he would have seen the T-800 if for some reason in that moment he felt compelled to relocate his eyes into the back of his head, we know he can pretty much do that from the moment when he changes his back into his front! So it would seem that his eyes do what eyes do and his ears do what ears do but those abilities are limited to those parts like any other organism or Terminator. He cannot 'see' through the back of his own head. How he can generate complex sensory 'organs' from liquid metal is another matter, I think SilentSurfers alien origins theory for such an advanced entity is the best we can do.

I wonder if he'd be capable of creating an extra set of eyes in the same way that he created an extra arm when piloting the helicopter? All nonsense of course.

the second reason to me is more likely though. cameron didn't want to make the t1000 too invincible. cos if this terminator can see u from any direction, he'd be near impossible to defeat.

I'd put forward a third reason - it simply didn't occur to them. They didn't think about it as deeply and if they did they'd have a hard time explaining it and as you say a hard time trying to make him a defeatable nemesis.

as for why he hasn't got armour, personally i feel his amorphous nature is way better than armour. instead of deflecting bullets, he can absorb them or let them pass thru him. of course, he didn't do a very good job getting rid ofthe explosive shell arnie shot into him before it blew him to bits. :D

I was just wondering if, when he forms a 'solid metal shape' does that part of him take on a bullet deflecting capability or would it still respond to a bullet hit in the same way that his 'organic' parts do. His one disadvantage against the T-800 seemed to be that he could be slowed and knocked down by bullets easier so I figured why doesn't he form armour when being shot at.

Good questions and good answers. About the hardening and bullet deflecting issue, remember that the 800 did blow off one of the 1000's hardened hooks when it was climbing up the back of the car. So, yes, it can harden itself like when it makes knives, but in that mode, it doesn't seem able to take high velocity impact very well.

I like the explaination of different parts doing different tasks, too, and once a form is selected, it seems that different parts take on different roles. Like the hook that broke off and lay in the street until the 1000 walked up to it, it is clear that this is the case. Without eyes it senses only by touch, but once eyes are formed, they do the job of visual data processing.

Another reason it may not have detected the 800 behind it as you'd think it might be able to is because all of its attention was directed at Sarah. John is the ultimate target, and convincing Sarah to call out to him is his immediate concern. Had the 1000 just been standing there trying to sense where John was the 800 may not have been able to come up from behind.

Would the Predalien grow bigger if it didn't get killed? Or was that the full size? Didn't the producer say it was a Queen?

Back