Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question is:

Does anyone else think they made the T-800 in T4 a little too invincible? He survived direct-hit grenade strikes completely intact and then got doused in molten steel. 2 things that happened to the previous T-800s in T1 and T2 and they fared rather less well for it.

Can't the T-800 restart? It did in T2. I think what you mean is that it could shut itself down to reboot.
Badly formed sentence on my side!
Yeah, I meant to say that he can shut down and boot again (or how I said it self-restart), in T2 he did restart, but only because his CPU was removed and then reinserted, we didn't see him actually shutting down before the CPU was removed.
My question is:

Does anyone else think they made the T-800 in T4 a little too invincible? He survived direct-hit grenade strikes completely intact and then got doused in molten steel. 2 things that happened to the previous T-800s in T1 and T2 and they fared rather less well for it.
Agree with this completely, they shouldn't have made him so strong/resistant to physical damage, and maybe not that agile..He's so agile that he lost that "machine" feel, and to me it felt more like some creature, then a robot. (totally opposite to how T1 felt)
During the process of loosing skin/flesh, the Endoskeleton should have been damaged to at least some extent..

My question is:

I totally agree on the grenade shot part. It looked like it didn't phase him at all and I think that's bull. It should have caused some minor damage or at least slowed it down a bit.

As for the molten steel, my guess is that it was poured out onto it and cooled off immediately while in T2, the Uncle Bob was dropped into constant boiling molten steel in a much larger quantity that maintained its high temperature. Even then it still took a few extra seconds for it to be completely destroyed.

That's the first I've heard that one. I thought it was common knowledge that Cameron wanted them removed cos he thought the skull-look was more interesting.

go back and watch the making of dvd for aliens.Thats also probably true though.Its in the section bug hunt.Ive also read somewhere cant remember its going back a long time that it was to costly to keep making the glass dome if they break.

Last edited:
In all honesty the only way you will get a straight answer on why the dome was removed youd have to ask cameron himself and he probably be sick of answering questions about aliens seeing its been over 20 years since it was made.

In all honesty the only way you will get a straight answer on why the dome was removed youd have to ask cameron himself and he probably be sick of answering questions about aliens seeing its been over 20 years since it was made.

Quote I've posted is from Winston Effect book.....don't think you can find stronger proof on the reason ;)

Quote I've posted is from Winston Effect book.....don't think you can find stronger proof on the reason ;)

cool havent read it sound like a good read.If you want to get a good idea of extra stuff they left out of Aliens.read the paperback of it by Allen Dean Foster,it originally adapted from the script and there are some interesting things in there that were in the movie.
I just watched the making of features on the second disc of aliens and stans effects team did state something different,but Ill take your word its not that big a deal to me,didnt sway my thinking of the movie its still kickarse to me.:peace

cool havent read it sound like a good read.If you want to get a good idea of extra stuff they left out of Aliens.read the paperback of it by Allen Dean Foster,it originally adapted from the script and there are some interesting things in there that were in the movie.
I just watched the making of features on the second disc of aliens and stans effects team did state something different,but Ill take your word its not that big a deal to me,didnt sway my thinking of the movie its still kickarse to me.:peace

Agree with you completely, especially the last thing you said!

To be honest, I have seen/read/heard that domes were too fragile and pricey to be constantly remade, so they decided to remove it..However, Winston Effect has a section where they describe exactly how and why they did it the whey they did, and part of it, I've quoted directly from the book. I say that it's the strongest proof on the reason we currently have..
But that still doesn't exclude the fact that it could be number of other things as well!

Bottom point, movie is awesome, and they did Aliens a bit Winston way, while first Alien was completely Giger work/design!

As for your answer to the TS question..... it should occur if you take FATE into account. In T1 and T2 they make it a point to stress that there's no FATE, however, that can simply be the means John uses to motivate and empower people.

"There is no fate but what you make for yourself. Except when it comes to scars. Scars are unavoidable in any timeline.":lol

In T2 he did restart, but only because his CPU was removed and then reinserted.

I was referring to when the 1000 ran him through with the rod. The 800 rerouted power to a back up and restarted.

Hadn't thought about that. Is he the only guy to be in all three franchises?

Well here's his deaths as I remember:

Terminator 1:
Gets punked by Arnold in the beginning of the movie.

Aliens:
Gets dragged down by an alien through the floor vents, hicks tries to save him but fails. Presumed cocooned and impregnated, then blown up by explosion.

Predator 2:
Tries to "dance" with the pred on the subway, then gets hung upside down followed by the pred doing "sub-zero's fatality" on him.

Lance Henriksen isn't in all three franchises but did come face to face with an alien , terminator and predator.

Aliens , AVP , Terminator.

Right. The T-850 was heavier because its chassis was reinforced to withstand the T-X's weapons. He also had upgraded subroutines that enabled him to use human psychology on John to properly motivate him.

Ok Im having trouble with this one because it is writen so matter of fact. Was this said in T3? I dont think so.

Would Skynet really create a terminator to kill terminators (the TX) because it knew that the resistence was reprograming the 800's, only to go ahead and make re-programable terminators harder for the TX to kill? Please dont tell me that the resistence built the 850.

Thats like saying Skynet made better rubber skin for the 600's so they could blend in better with the flesh covered 800's.

What types of xenomorph aliens are there? ex. warriors, drone, etc.

You have:

Facehugger
Chestburster
Alien - Warrior
Alien - Drone
Alien - Runner
Queen Alien
Pred-Alien
Newborn.....:rolleyes:

They are the canon ones

non-canon

You have:

Bodyburster
Praetorian
Queen Mother

You have:

Facehugger
Chestburster
Alien - Warrior
Alien - Drone
Alien - Runner
Queen Alien
Pred-Alien
Newborn.....:rolleyes:

They are the canon ones

non-canon

You have:

Bodyburster
Praetorian
Queen Mother

So ALIENS, AVP, AVP:R Aliens=Warriors?
What was the original Alien?
What are the purpose of the Drone and Runner?

Need help guys. Would like to customize my T-600 into a more clothed one like this one here.

t48.jpg

Any suggestions or better photos of the whole body? I would like some clothes suggestions since I dunno what could fit one of these bad boys.

I don't see the pic. :(

But a lot of Dragon clothes are really a little too big for most regular 1/6ers so I would try those. Also they are relatively cheap.

Back