Aliens: Colonial Marines -- Next-Gen Aliens Video Game!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibility of predators in the game?

I was talking to my friend the other day about this game a how good a Predator game could be with todays technology, etc.

I'd love to see a Predator 1 game - set in the jungle with the army but have more than one Predator. So the same setting a feel of the first film but with the option to kill a lot more Predators.

Also, the same with Predator 2.

Keep them as the films but with more Predators! :chew

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Looking great.

I hope they nail the damage effects from the PRs and Smartguns - sparks from the bullets exploding and aliens coming apart bit by bit.

AVP1 had great damage FX for the aliens. You could individually shoot the limbs off as I remember. Just add some more spectacular sprays of acid and exoskeleton parts and we're there :D

...destructible scenery a la F.E.A.R. / Max Payne would be the icing on the destruction-happy cake :maul

Cheers,
CH

Looking great.

I hope they nail the damage effects from the PRs and Smartguns - sparks from the bullets exploding and aliens coming apart bit by bit.

AVP1 had great damage FX for the aliens. You could individually shoot the limbs off as I remember. Just add some more spectacular sprays of acid and exoskeleton parts and we're there :D

...destructible scenery a la F.E.A.R. / Max Payne would be the icing on the destruction-happy cake :maul

Cheers,
CH

Yeah, I'm hoping for stuff like that too! "Destructable" environments, muzzle flash, and bullets effects, multiple limb dismemberment on the aliens! :D Using today's technology in gaming all of that could, and should be in the game if Gearbox is wanting to do it right! :D

From the screens we've seen so far it looks there will be lots of human blood trails and splatter all over the place, but I'm wondering how well the Alien blood splatter will be handled. It's one of their greatest weapons and defenses all rolled into one, and it could be a critical factor in terms of movie-based realism, as well as team/player tactical choices when battling them in close quarters.

Will splattered alien blood interact with the environment in real time, like eating holes in anything it contacts? What happens if you get sprayed, like poor ol' Drake did in Aliens? Do you just take a certain amount of damage? Will you be able to quickly shed your gear, like Hicks did, to reduce or even avoid taking damage? Will the damage be permanent, or will you be able to heal during the game?

It may be too much to hope for, but if they could pull all that off, it would certainly add another dimension of realism (and dread) to the game. :monkey4

I agree with you on all of those points Mudshark! Yes, adding in the effects of the splattered alien blood would be great. Just like the ability to shed your armor as it's getting eaten up by the acid alien blood! :google

Hopefully Sega and Gearbox will do all of that and so much more. Just from seeing the article in the recent Game Informer I'm ready to buy the game now!

Here's to hoping for much more in it than we expect. Of course I'd love to see online multiplayer for it on the Xbox 360. But I think there's a slim to no chance of that. Oh well.

Here's to hoping for much more in it than we expect. Of course I'd love to see online multiplayer for it on the Xbox 360. But I think there's a slim to no chance of that. Oh well.

Actually, there is. It's a given. We at the Aliens Legacy board are working with Sega and Gearbox to promote the game. Two of us met with the reps at WonderCon.

I'm hoping this game is wildly popular-- popular enough to convince Hot Toys to release more Marines. Maybe popular enough to inspire a new film.

Actually, there is. It's a given. We at the Aliens Legacy board are working with Sega and Gearbox to promote the game. Two of us met with the reps at WonderCon.

That's extremely encouraging. Did you happen to discuss the alien blood issue and how that would figure in the game? I'm anxious to know how realistically the aliens will be portrayed, as well as the methods/mechanics by which they will cause damage to the marines. If you can shed any light on the subject, without revealing any spoilers you may be aware of, naturally, it would be very much appreciated! :D

Wow, "it's a given" that there WILL be online multiplayer! That's great news! :D Yes, any news or details about the game that you can share with us Hollis DZC, would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I thought the 2 AVP games on the PC were great so I'm looking forward to this immensely even though it won't have any Preds in it.

UK Gamers!

April 2008

Playstation Official Magazine has said same article!

img077.jpg

:cool:

Back