Aliens: Colonial Marines -- Next-Gen Aliens Video Game!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eekHOLY GOD THAT IS AMAZING! :eek

i must go change pants now....thank you so much for sharing. This looks amazing. :eek :eek :eek

Thanks for posting all the pics and the informative review JediMike. I still want to grab a copy of this issue of Game Informer... I think it's destined to become a collector's item! :D

I can't wait to play this!!! Fortunately there are some other great games coming out this year to keep us busy until the 2009 release. :monkey5

Damn, I can't wait to use the door welder!! I know, but still. That kind of intricate game detail just shows what kind of amazing things are gonna be coming in this game!!!!

this has the potential to be the definitive ALIENS game - the best one ever!!

The screens look great - the question is, does the gameplay and story hold up?? we'll see

I have a good felling about it though just based on the fact that gearbox has been known for quality titles. They dont half ass their games.

checking out those scans makes the game look great. but it can all go down hill if the story and controls are horrid. Either way....

Not to get anyones hopes up....BUT:

I know that the Game Informer article says 2009. But GI dates are incorrect 90% of the time because they usually get the information to publish in their magazine months in advance. And GI is always wrong on release dates, I don't know why they just always are. Even their monthly calendar in each magazine that has the release dates of games coming out the month or two after the magazine is released is always wrong.

With that being said, more recent articles (Last Thursday the 21st) on online video game news sites such as IGN and Gamespot, state that the game is being release in later in 2008, which is believable. "The game, which will see a release on the 360, PS3 and PC, is scheduled to arrive later this year."

So we'll see what happens.

Ok this is pretty awesome. I remember when the first version of this got canned and how ridiculously angry I was. The only fear I have with this is that it might turn into a game where you spend most of time babysitting crappy AI squadmates.

Whatever...overall it looks encouraging, and thank god it's actually coming out on the PC!!:chew

AVP2 for the PC is one of my favorite games ever. Here's a memorable screenshot from the last marine level, right before I got raped.

Christ, this is gonna be so amazing!! I might have to build a rig just so I can play this with the best graphics! But I will still buy it for 360 and maybe even PS3, cause I will have one by then.

The only fear I have with this is that it might turn into a game where you spend most of time babysitting crappy AI squadmates.

If you want to get an idea of how Gearbox Squad based games work (and I am certain that Aliens will be very similar if not the same way)....then Pick up either Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 40 or Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood or the third one comes out in June titled; Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway.

Fantastic games, I loved em. Incorporates a lot of action while controlling your squad. They are important to the game and can decide a battle. But it never becomes a task of babysitting, though it is required to have them help you, because they actually do make a huge difference in the game. But it is really fun to order them around and it just adds a lot more to the game, great stuff.

Bishop, great screenshot. I remember that happening once or twice to me as well....

I wonder if there will be a predator cameo in this game, maybe you get attacked unexpectedly by an alien only to be rescued at the last second by a predator, who quickly vasnishes into nothing.

That would be awesome for me, but i could see how it might piss alien purists off.

:eekHOLY GOD THAT IS AMAZING! :eek

i must go change pants now....thank you so much for sharing. This looks amazing. :eek :eek :eek

You're VERY welcome! I am always happy to help out my fellow board members here. As Chris Chulamanis always told me..."VBR" (Very Best Regards)! :D

AVP2 IS A GREAT GAME!!!

Very suspenseful too!!! There was nothing like walking a dark corridor and just hearing your motion tracker start peeping with one dot closing in...and then another...then another. Oh man, I'd piss my pants over that....

Very good story that tied everything together as well, the Marine/Predator/Alien campaigns were all really well done and coordinated as well...especially when you do things as one character and realized it helped out another one (like you as the Predator shackled in the lab seeing your Alien character running amuck in the lab and helping free you...and then later when your the Alien and you realize it was you...that was sweet).

One thing though was that the Xenomorphs would just come up and claw you and sit there scratching at you...it looked silly. Gearbox addressed that there would be much more than that in their Colonial Marines game...they said that the Aliens would actually grab your character and try to drag you away (presumably to the hive) and you would have to press directional buttons (Gearbox is trying to stay away from a traditional HUD) in the direction that a side of the screen flashes to try and break free. On top of that Gearbox said the Aliens would be grabbing you from ANYWHERE...they could be in the ceiling, under the floor, hiding as a pipe (a la ALIEN).

I can't wait for this game.

I think this will have ( as I have said before ) a big impact , the avp movies have shone alot of light on alien and predator over the last few years and kids and adults have gotten into the genre alot more. I really like the idea of this and hopefully it will be really great to play. 4 player co-op sounds amazing. Can't wait!.

Wow. The game is looking great. I have a feeling the game as a whole will be great. Lots of good people working on it and most all big Aliens fans.

This is looking better and better every time. I'd like to see some PS3 screens for comparison.

NoEscape.jpg

Contact.jpg

TailAttack.jpg

RemoteSentries.jpg

Back