Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, I enjoyed the movie but I kept thinking how much better it would have been if somehow they could have made the Wolf Predator the sole protagonist. The human characters were kind of hard to root for and in the theater I saw it in people cheered whenever they got picked off by one of the monsters. If we could have sent the human characters to the sielines and made it just about the predator trying to do his job it could have blown a lot more people away. Just a thought.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie but I kept thinking how much better it would have been if somehow they could have made the Wolf Predator the sole protagonist. The human characters were kind of hard to root for and in the theater I saw it in people cheered whenever they got picked off by one of the monsters. If we could have sent the human characters to the sielines and made it just about the predator trying to do his job it could have blown a lot more people away. Just a thought.

I completely agree with this. The biggest hurting factor of the AVP films and Aline Reurrection is that, while some are mildly cool, most of the human characters are useless, they're not developed enough to make you care what happens to them. A large part of the success of Alien, ALIENS, even Alien 3 and Predator 1 and 2 is that the core humans were engaging and made you want to go along with them for the journey. The humans in the last few movies just make you waiting for their innevitable death, but then you have to suffer through pre-death junk and unfortunately, that takes up a fair ammount of screen time. I watch both AVP films and get the sense the filmmakers get too caught up in the non-humans, but because neither race has a language we know of, you need humans to move the story along, which is fine but if you're doing that you have to create humans that make you want to follow their story. The grunts of Alien and Aliens were entertaining to follow what happened to them, Ripley was a fantasticly constructed character to keep you going through the Alien movies and I think A:R was hurt but the distortion of the character and her not being the same Ripley people had come to know. Dutch's boys in Predator made the movie fun, Harrigan and company were some interesting characters to make P2 fun. I thought AVPR gave hope to fans of the franchises, much closer to the predecessors. Create interesting human characters and I think the recipe will be complete, that and don't mimic the other movies so much, probably the worst part of AVPR for me, overuse of reflections of the past movies.

Guys i just watched the movie! On Bluray! and i fast foward any human stuff exept the one you really cant!(and to be honest dont want to fastfoward) and the movie still made sense and it was so much better!!! i need to edit it in the computer to show you guys! i swear!! it was pure awesomeness!!!

Guys i just watched the movie! On Bluray! and i fast foward any human stuff exept the one you really cant!(and to be honest dont want to fastfoward) and the movie still made sense and it was so much better!!! i need to edit it in the computer to show you guys! i swear!! it was pure awesomeness!!!

Interesting point, it really was like 2 separate movies up until the last 1/3 or 1/4 of it when the small group was in the hospital, before that humans were doing one thing and the Wolf was elsewhere doing his thing.

Interesting point, it really was like 2 separate movies up until the last 1/3 or 1/4 of it when the small group was in the hospital, before that humans were doing one thing and the Wolf was elsewhere doing his thing.

Dude!! im telling you!! all the Guy stuff and brother stuff and Military woman stuff got cut! and its so much better and straight to the point! I show when the sheriff finds the Hunters car. when there looking for them. Right there i just cut the intire Brother , Mom crap out and it felt like a complete movie!

hey amigos : enjoy the film as best you can !!! just to enjoy the predator and predalien , nothing more because the argument is very bad , really bad , always the same thing , seen in others movies ( the beautifull girl who fall in love the loser, the prisoner who returns to small town, soldiers who destroy everything, etc , etc , etc .............enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please guys more creativity in the scripts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! avp 1 is the best by far , very far !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again : just enjoying the creatures , not to watch the movie with other hope ( just
creatures ) listen in dts can be a relief for that poor argument !!!!!!

I just started a DVD added scenes spoiler thread. Not sure what was cut from the DVD, as it seemed pretty much intact. But the added stuff is kinda cool. Visually anyway. I just listed what all I noticed in it. I am sure there's a lot more.

And by the way, I love seeing ALiens and Predators again. IN any format! So I am happy.

Dude!! im telling you!! all the Guy stuff and brother stuff and Military woman stuff got cut! and its so much better and straight to the point! I show when the sheriff finds the Hunters car. when there looking for them. Right there i just cut the intire Brother , Mom crap out and it felt like a complete movie!

I swear to go , every time I looked at that sheriffs dude he reminded me of you anyway. :lol:lol I thought he looked like ya. :lol

Just finished watching this for the first time. It definitely had it's moments, but the underlit photography is really hard to digest, even when you know about it going in. I'm assuming it's to disguise the Aliens - I never really thought of them as guys in suits until this one. That said, I think it embraces it's true B-movie stature and I kinda liked it. I think I would have preferred if they had eliminated the regular Aliens altogether, since the hero Predator and the Predalien both looked great.

I just bought the extreme unrated edition, and let me tell you... AVP had more substance..... really.

It's nice to see aliens and predators on film again, but I think I could've come up with a better storyline when I was 6.

Oh, and there was mention (behind the scenes) of the alien home-world.
The Bro's hinted to it being in AVP3. :monkey2

(those are tears of sorrow)

Back