Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I'll say is god bless hot toys:
This is the AVP 2 Predator or the Predator!!!
IMG_8580.JPG

Awesome news...I guess!!
From www.avpgalaxy.net

AvP2 Trailer Status
AvP2 Movie News | Posted by Darkness on 02 Aug 2007 20:41 BST
Both Greg and Colin spoke today about the status of the AvP2 trailer. Greg said on IMDB that they're still sorting out which trailer to use. Colin said here that they will see some new trailers tomorrow. Fox have been testing out different versions and there are two cuts which a lot of people like. They're currently finishing the film off (and adding some new stuff to the movie) so that's their priority.

Greg said that his estimate (of a week or so after Comic-Con) was a little optimistic but they'll be letting everybody know what's happening. I reckon it'll be the middle of next week when we see it. Also, Colin revealed today that there will be two trailers. A green-band one and a red-band one. At the end of the green-band it'll tell you the name of the website where you can watch the red-band version apparently.

SDCC053.JPG

Given that these toys are known for great accurracy, I have to say, I hope this movie is fun to watch, because as far as staying true to the origins, the design for the warrior is becoming more and more lackluster, this looks like a lizard now, the whole bio-mechanical concept that was Giger's design is so lost now, it's actually quite upsetting that the guys making these suits and designs, who worked on Aliens and know the origins, think they're geniuses for coming up with these new abominations.

I agree, ADI has really helped ruin the Alien, it all started with 3 and went down hill from there. they talk about how great the effects in the frist one were and how well they worked in 2, but they don't seem to apply it to their work on the movies after 2.

then there's the whole lizerd thing, Scott and Camron have both described the Alien as being insect like, their bugs damn it! Bugs! Do it right damn it!

I think that some of the problem is that the designers are somewhat obliged to distance themselves from the designs of Giger due to the fact that he can be quite ,ahem, "difficult" to work with . The producers of the movies already have to pay him for certain design principles but I think any more adherence to his designs would cost more than they are prepared to pay . And before everyone gets on their high horses , this precedent was set with James Cameron and "Aliens" .:rolleyes:
( I'm with Bagelsncheesy and the Man p!tu , one way or another , this movie will ROCK! )

I'm on that bandwagon! Now I know that AvP2 won't be anything close to the work on ALIENS, but I'm not going in there expecting a stellar storyline and characters...I'm going in there expecting some awesome ALIEN VS. PREDATOR action and to be entertained!

oh, I'm not saying AVP2 isn't going to kick ass, I mean, it has the f'n Predalien!:rock2

the design for the warrior is becoming more and more lackluster, this looks like a lizard now, the whole bio-mechanical concept that was Giger's design is so lost now,

Maulfan I couldn't agree more. This has been a complaint of mine for years.

Hey guys, while I share some of the feelings many of my fellow Pred and Alien freaks had about AVP, I have hope that AVP will be a nice redemption film.

Redemption film? That's pretty funny! :rotfl This coming from the movie studio [20th Century Fox] that has given us such classic low budget comicbook adaptations as Daredevil, Electra, FF 1 and 2, and who can forget that memorable piece of drivel.... AVP.

In every case they gave us unknown, unqualified writers and directors, and B-list TV actors. Thus saving themselves a small fortune and increasing their profit margin drastically. But to their credit they targeted 18+ year old males as their audience knowing full well that to this group things like a good story/plot, and good acting/direction aren't important. AVP was so bad the executives at 20th Century refused to allow critics to see it prior to opening day....always a good sign! :lol

So let's see what 20th Century has in store for us now with AVP2. Oh, what a surprise, the cast is comprised of a bunch of no name TV actors, most of which [other than Reiko Aylesworth -Michelle Dessler on 24] I don't even recognize...very promising :lol

Ok, not the best start but let's look at the script writer, Shane Salerno. Hmmm.....not a sinle movie credit to his name , but he does have a handful of TV writing credits to shows I've never heard of...very promising :lol

Finally let's look at the directors, the team of Colin and Greg Strause. Hmmm...lots of special effects credits, and a handful of music video's, but not a single movie director credit between the two of them. Wait, things are looking up, they recently completed a Coca-Cola commercial...very, very promising :rotfl

So here's my prediction for this "redemption" film. We are going to a see film strictly based on special effects and fight scenes [not that these are bad things], but will feature lousy, wooden acting and 2D characters that no one will give a damn about. We'll get a paper thin storyline with holes in it so big you could drive a truck through them, and alot of moronic, infantile dialogue between characters. We'll get a directionless film by a couple of zero experience guys who are so in over their heads it's not even funny.

We'll get a film on Dec. 25th [ if they don't have to do any more script re-writes...they've done 3 already!] where we won't have a chance to read any reviews prior to opening day because there is no way 20 Century is going to release this film to critics ahead of time. Unfortunately, It's also a film that will make 20 Century Fox alot of money because people will insist on throwing their money away and rewarding them for giving us this type of drivel. :rolleyes:

Would rather prefer they put the effort into a new all Predator movie, but to be honest, it would probably end up being just as bad as AVP. To much money and to many people involved in the license these days imo and that's probably why the first flicks are mostly always the better ones. But hey, what do i know.

That said, AVP had it's moments.

Back