Alien: The TV series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Alien is currently in development at @FXNetworks. The first TV series based on the classic film series is helmed by Fargo and Legion's Noah Hawley. Expect a scary thrill ride set not too far in the future here on Earth.
https://deadline.com/2020/12/alien-...-ep-1234654111/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
20201210_230830.jpg

I thought Hawley had said this wasn't happening as recently as last week or so, so this is very surprising. And welcome. Hawley is quality, so hopefully he'll inject some much needed life into the franchise and give Xenoheads something to be excited about again.

I recall(roughly)one of my brothers mates had submitted a script for Alien set on Earth.
It was never used though.
hmm.

[...] set not too far in the future here on Earth. [...]

Was optimistic until I read this.

Prometheus: 2093
Covenant: 2104
Alien: 2122
Aliens and more or less Alien 3: 2179
Resurrection: 2386

So as far as the stated continuity for existing films, it all "begins" about 72 years from now. Not-so-distant.

Not that I think Prometheus and Covenant make any sense or belong there. And if I'm going to be strict about it, definitely not Resurrection either. Alien 3 isn't such a bad film on its own but it doesn't work in-continuity for me. :lol

Yeah previous films may have been set in the not so distant future, but the xenomorphs themselves were not encountered anywhere near Earth. At least in the original (good) Alien movies. And no matter how well-executed it may be, I just don't have much interest in seeing them running around on Earth in a TV series.

Yeah previous films may have been set in the not so distant future, but the xenomorphs themselves were not encountered anywhere near Earth. At least in the original (good) Alien movies. And no matter how well-executed it may be, I just don't have much interest in seeing them running around on Earth in a TV series.

Fair points. Agreed.

Prometheus: 2093
Covenant: 2104
Alien: 2122
Aliens and more or less Alien 3: 2179
Resurrection: 2386

So as far as the stated continuity for existing films, it all "begins" about 72 years from now. Not-so-distant.

Not that I think Prometheus and Covenant make any sense or belong there. And if I'm going to be strict about it, definitely not Resurrection either. Alien 3 isn't such a bad film on its own but it doesn't work in-continuity for me. :lol

One thing though, they'll look for the cheapest way to produce a TV show so setting it in a way that they can use modern day existing buildings and environments, like they did on AvP Requiem. I can't imagine that they'll invest in large constructed sets for Alien, if it's just one environment like a single ship it'll get dull fast.
I like Hawley's earlier work. I loved the first two seasons of Legion and the first three of Fargo, but the last season of Legion went in the wrong direction, and watched the first two ep. of the new season of Fargo before canceling upcoming recordings, it just went too divisive and no longer fun. I don't have much faith in his Alien series, but we will see.

I want to see a scene where someone is trapped in a room with a chestburster that we actually see growing in real or almost realtime. Reckon that could be freaky.

Then again they probably shouldn't try to add to this franchise at all anymore.

As a franchise , Alien is an utter failure....

Why continue the torture?

OHHHHH right.....producers in charge that do not want to take risks on new projects.

Rehash , retread on sage spaces. Meanwhile ruining them.

I forgot the money part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if AVP-R had better writing, lighting, and performances, the setting was so boring. I only hope they go futuristic with the aesthetic, otherwise I can't stick around.

The best stuff about ALIEN is exactly the stuff that just doesn't work on TV.

So that makes Alien TV series an oxymoron.

Unless this is a show about the early lives of the Nostromo crew and how they all ended up in their ultimate dilemma.

Back