Alien: The Illustrated Story, The Original Art Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now for that spectacular sketch! The edition is not numbered, but regardless, this is an edition which will stay in my book collection forever. I love Alien, and this is an amazing tribute to the film, and the Illustrated Story too.

null-8.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-9.jpg

The tipped in page looks amazing! Seeing that makes me even happier that I'm getting the signed edition.

Can't wait to see what you got. Maybe it's not an Alien for each one. I'd kill for a Nostromo, but am very happy with my Alien. Wonder how many of these he had to do...

Is it the book itself that is signed or is it the print(s)?
And is there anything else that is different to the unsigned version?
Thinking about getting this one...

The signed version has a tipped in vellum page which has both the autograph and sketch, and was only available with orders placed through Diamond Distributors.

I just received mine. This thing is huge. One can only guess how massive IDW's Wally Wood Artist Edition must be.

Here it is with the Wally Wood AE.

2.jpg

The book is the same height but slightly wider than the regular IDW artist's editions.

3.jpg

It's a really nice book, the artwork looks great in black and white.

Fury, that sketch is amazing, wish I had of gone for the signed version now.

Welcome to the board leapfrog! :hi5:

Yeah, but who knew. I didn't ever think there would be such an amazing original sketch in this edition. I just thought it would be signed and maybe numbered. As I said before, I love all things Alien, especially those from the original classic. This edition will remain in my library for ages and I'll look in on the sketch from time to time. It's a nice feeling.

I just can't wait to see what Batty gets. :D

Thanks so much for posting up this book and sharing with us all the info! I'm also a huge Alien fan myself and I would love to have this in my collection as well. So I went and hunted down a signed limited edition version of this book also. Love the sketch that you've received with the book. Wonder if mine will be the same too? Only time will tell. I should be receiving my edition in a couple weeks or so. Hopefully with no delays.

Anyways, thanks again for the heads up guys! ;)

If it looks anything like the edition you got, then I know I'll be very happy with it! Haven't really bought anything Alien related in a while (except for NECA Engineer figures) so this book is a welcomed purchase for me.

I got mine today... Absolutely beautiful! It really brings me back to when I was a kid in 1979 and I was collecting everything I could find related to ALIEN.

Fury, if it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have known about the signed edition. Thanks again! :duff

I honestly don't know. I tried finding some information about it but came up with nothing. Simonson did sign all 2000 copies of the book though. Either way, it's still cool as hell.

I got mine today... Absolutely beautiful! It really brings me back to when I was a kid in 1979 and I was collecting everything I could find related to ALIEN.

Fury, if it hadn't been for you, I wouldn't have known about the signed edition. Thanks again! :duff

Looks like I will be adding this to my very long list of must have Comics/Graphic Novels as well. Only thing is on Amazon it says that it will not be available until October 30...so I guess I have to wait. No biggie I have many more graphic novels in my posession I still need to finish. :cool:
1979...the year I was born. Also the movie title "Alien"...the name of my Father's famous rock band in the late '70's and early '80's some may have heard of if you lived in New Orleans during that time. I seriously doubt anyone here knew of them but they were awesome...no really they were.:)

Anyway back on topic here...I could spend much more on Ebay and get a signed copy but I have never been the type of person who cares to have anything autographed unless it is something I plan on selling for a profit. I doubt I will ever sell this book and it sounds as if it brings back memories from 1979. I had no awareness back then but still if this brings back memories from the first time I watched Alien at the age of 4 that sounds just swell to me. :cool:

Oh also "Batty"...awesome Signature Pic, I like your style. ;)

Hmm.. Guess everyone is gonna get the same "sketch". Oh well I guess making 2000 different sketches would be too much to ask for. Besides, I really like that sketch anyways. Can't wait to receive my signed copy!

Looks like I will be adding this to my very long list of must have Comics/Graphic Novels as well. Only thing is on Amazon it says that it will not be available until October 30...so I guess I have to wait. No biggie I have many more graphic novels in my posession I still need to finish. :cool:
1979...the year I was born. Also the movie title "Alien"...the name of my Father's famous rock band in the late '70's and early '80's some may have heard of if you lived in New Orleans during that time. I seriously doubt anyone here knew of them but they were awesome...no really they were.:)

Anyway back on topic here...I could spend much more on Ebay and get a signed copy but I have never been the type of person who cares to have anything autographed unless it is something I plan on selling for a profit. I doubt I will ever sell this book and it sounds as if it brings back memories from 1979. I had no awareness back then but still if this brings back memories from the first time I watched Alien at the age of 4 that sounds just swell to me. :cool:

Oh also "Batty"...awesome Signature Pic, I like your style. ;)

Thanks. :duff

I've told this story before, but in 1979 I was 13 and became obsessed with ALIEN even before the movie came out in the theaters. I begged my dad to take me to see it. It was my first R rated movie. :lol

Hmm.. Guess everyone is gonna get the same "sketch". Oh well I guess making 2000 different sketches would be too much to ask for. Besides, I really like that sketch anyways. Can't wait to receive my signed copy!

Yeah, and considering how big the sketch it, it'd probably take him forever to do 2000 of them. :lol

Having it signed though is very cool.

Received my signed edition last week! Looks the same as your guy's copies. Same sketch and everything, lol. Anyways, thanks again for posting up the info about this book everyone. I like it this book a lot! :hi5:

Back