Alien Queen bust re-casts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
This has undoubtedly been discussed here before, but two questions. (1) Can someone tell me how these can be sold so openly on eBay when they're an exact re-cast/'fake'. Wouldn't Sideshow and/or Stan Winston Studios have some kind of intellectual property right to this mould/sculpt? And (2) does anyone have one/would you purchase one for a significant lower cost than what an original would sell for now on eBay - or no for moral reasons.

VIVID Handmade 1 4 AVP Alien Skull Queen Resin Statue Replica Decoration HOD92 | eBay

Due to the cost of licensing and the price tag on the original pieces. They'll always be recasts.
He's right. Contact Sideshow They'll get Ebay to take down the auctions.

Makes me wonder if the Big Chap LSB recasts will be of better quality than the originals.:slap

Report the auction to Sideshow

Due to the cost of licensing and the price tag on the original pieces. They'll always be recasts.
He's right. Contact Sideshow They'll get Ebay to take down the auctions.

No point - they won't do a thing - trust me - I've tried MULTIPLE times.

You get "it's been passed to the appropriate dept.", the reported auctions (and re-lists) remain, and you never hear a peep from Sideshow.

Waste of time & effort reporting anything to them.

What's most annoying is that issuing an eBay VeRO (listing cancellation request) takes all of 2 minutes :slap

You get "it's been passed to the appropriate dept.", the reported auctions (and re-lists) remain, and you never hear a peep from Sideshow.

What's most annoying is that issuing an eBay VeRO (listing cancellation request) takes all of 2 minutes :slap

Sooooo.... Sideshow's supposed to hunt down every recast that pops up? Or take action on everything that's brought to their attention?

I think they get around it by making no mention of 'Sideshow' :huh
Plus it's made from environment friendly transparent resin. So, it's all good :exactly:

I reckon that even if they take action and have the listing down, it'll be listed again under a different user/ID. And continue to sell. We shouldn't forget the fact that Sideshow itself sources their products from China and getting their hands on a mold isn't all that difficult for these recasters.

Sooooo.... Sideshow's supposed to hunt down every recast that pops up? Or take action on everything that's brought to their attention?
Logically, yes. As a business, they should take measures to arrest if not entirely curb the sale of counterfeits based on their products.

1106356108_377852855_zps2863ba2f.jpg
wrnylao2_zps6c2e44a2.jpg

If that's the recast queen bust, then sideshow should contact them for sure, ask them for the mass produce of future alien LSB instead of to sue them.
Cuz their quality is definately better.

. . . I reckon that even if they take action and have the listing down, it'll be listed again under a different user/ID. And continue to sell. We shouldn't forget the fact that Sideshow itself sources their products from China and getting their hands on a mold isn't all that difficult for these recasters . .

eBay VeRO works - period. All you need is a few daily eBay automated searches emailed to you and nuke them as they crop up. They slowly die down and then go away completely - trust me - I use it.

But Sideshow are too lazy and/or can't be bothered.

Considering the market price for the original, the recast isn't looking like a bad option. I know, I know--recasts are bad. Shame on me for thinking it.

Back