Alien queen AVP 1/3 scale coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I would start one. Insane looking piece.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 383
looks awesome. it has to be at least 4 feet tall ... somehow i don't want to know the price ;)

I think the NECA's pose is more suitable for the Queen. I don't like seeing the Queen in an upright posture.

Also, electing to go 1/3 with this one was strange. There's already several 1/4 Predator statues/figures on the market (Sideshow, Cinemaquette, NECA, etc.) that would display nicely with an Alien Queen.

Coolprops have a habit of displaying screen used props, it doesn't mean they will make them. This would be a heck of a statue though... And pricey beyond belief I'm sure. A better pose could be selected but I guess it's hard to find a balance between a natural looking and space efficient pose for a character like this..

The AvP queen did a fair bit of running around quite upright, so the pose seems appropriate for the source material (even if it looks a bit odd). I have to wonder why Coolprops chose the AvP queen instead on the original Aliens queen, since we know they have the licence. Certainly the original looks more iconic than the AvP queen. Still, if Coolprops does make this piece, I'm sure it will look amazing. But will they make it? Or is it a movie prop?

Question: Was a 1/3 scale alien queen maquette/puppet ever built for AvP? Because if not, this can't be a prop.

I have a 1/4 scale Queen from the puppet used in Aliens and it is ridiculous. I think it is 48 plus inches from teeth to tail and close to that in height and that is QUARTER SCALE. Can't imagine 1/3 scale version. It would be very difficult to display and cost lifesize money.

Think about it, this thing would tower over the Cinemaquette Hulk piece . . . crazy.

I have the 1/4 scale classic Queen too. It takes some space already.
This is a prop used from AVP. Problems with this one, is that they used the previous classic legs from Cameron's movie to build that prop. It doesn't match the cg version of the AVP Queen like we can see in the movie. With new legs and feet. But ADI built it that way. Same goes with the lifesize animatronic. Budget and time I guess...

It's crazy. Everything is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. 1/3 scale is the new 1/4 scale. In 5-10 years 1/4 will be looked at as the new 1/6 and 1/2 scale will be the new 1/4. Then everything will be life size.

It's just getting crazy, kinda stupid too.

Back