Alien queen AVP 1/3 scale coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1/3 scale replica of a 20 foot tall monster is excessive for home display for the majority of collectors on this forum, myself included. Unless it's being displayed in a museum, a business or a custom built Shed-Sized display case, it's just too much.

Oh so basically you just don't like the fact that you have no room for something like this.

You seem like a nice, fun guy.

I think you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Again she is 20" feet tall and 30"-40" feet long. she would require a single car garage to properly dislay.

It's crazy. Everything is getting bigger and bigger and bigger. 1/3 scale is the new 1/4 scale. In 5-10 years 1/4 will be looked at as the new 1/6 and 1/2 scale will be the new 1/4. Then everything will be life size.

It's just getting crazy, kinda stupid too.

Some things should be smaller scale... This seems like one of those things.

Stupid? Bigger is better.

Not always.. I appreciate the detail and likeness that goes into a smaller scale item. It looks like art that way. I never cared for life size because it just does not seem to have that same feel (artistically) that the smaller items have. They are still cool... Don't get me wrong. But I just find it cooler to see the details an artist can pull off on a smaller scale then they can with larger. Perhaps it's the kid in me and I still see these as big toys :lol

I do like life size props. But I really would never care to have a full size Vader in my room. Even if I had the space. Now a full size queen Alien would be cool for novelty reasons. But I think I would appreciate it more in smaller scale. If you get too big you have to stand far away to appreciate what you have.

Just this man's opinion :)

A 1/3 scale replica of a 20 foot tall monster is excessive for home display for the majority of collectors on this forum, myself included. Unless it's being displayed in a museum, a business or a custom built Shed-Sized display case, it's just too much.

Yeah... That is getting a bit much.

Oh so basically you just don't like the fact that you have no room for something like this.

Room does become a factor at some point in people collection.. But you are always going to run out of room. No matter how small the items are that you have. You have to pick and choose that is for sure. The average collector can't have it all. Even though they want to :lol

Last edited:
You seem like a nice, fun guy.

I think you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Again she is 20" feet tall and 30"-40" feet long. she would require a single car garage to properly dislay.

I don't think he was talking about a life size queen... He was referring to it in 1/3 scale. Which seems doable. For a collection. Looking at the photos again. Because her tail is tucked and she is standing taller it really does not look like it would take up as much space as I initially thought. No more then say the ECC Hulk.

Personally I don't like the pose.

I don't think he was talking about a life size queen... He was referring to it in 1/3 scale. Which seems doable. For a collection. Looking at the photos again. Because her tail is tucked and she is standing taller it really does not look like it would take up as much space as I initially thought. No more then say the ECC Hulk.

That's kind of the problem, in order to make this manageable for even people who collect large, life size stuff. They would have to put her in a very unnatural pose. A Queen in 1/3 would be quite silly in the eyes of most collectors, but it could work if it was viable to make it in small numbers.

It's all irrelevant anyway as this is just a studio prop on display like the 1:1 Celtic Predator until we're told otherwise.

I know he was talking about the 1/3 scale.

Think about it, 20 feet tall at 1/3 scale is right under 7 foot tall. 30-40 feet long at 1/3 scale is a little over 11.5 feet long. Those are the dimensions of a compact SUV. I firmly stand by my statement you would need a single car garage to display this piece.

And I do assume the tail would be tucked away. But still then it would be the size of half a Chevy Tahoe. You're gonna need some serious ****ing shelves.

Okay Dev, well I hope everything trends down to being 1/64th scale in the future so everyone can display it. As for a 1/3 scale queen? I'd be pretty hyped to see it even if I was never to actually own one. Not gonna bash it just because it's "too big."

This prop doesn't even look 1:3 and is more like 1:4 given what it's displayed with. I've got a 1:4 full body queen. It's pretty big but not difficult to display.

Back