Alien Queen (AVP) 1/3 bust - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8630bb7822c47470048806f4efc08f0b.jpg

4b286f242df5670f2ccc97db9891749f.jpg

4d4b09aeb88fbb12667ad9c3f7e9bbf8.jpg

2a2cc909425b38577c8be6dde4eddba2.jpg

I got the chance to see this in person at Wonderfest. It's a big impressive piece and I really liked the sculpt, but unfortunately the finish had a plastic look to it that took away from the realism. I think the blues also needed to be darker as it had a somewhat comic look to it. I would have also liked some kind of wet effect on the skin as it was very dry looking. It was a very nice sculpt that could have been executed better.

I got the chance to see this in person at Wonderfest. It's a big impressive piece and I really liked the sculpt, but unfortunately the finish had a plastic look to it that took away from the realism. I think the blues also needed to be darker as it had a somewhat comic look to it. I would have also liked some kind of wet effect on the skin as it was very dry looking. It was a very nice sculpt that could have been executed better.

FYI, all the avp queen exposed lately are still prototypes. Sculpt changed since and paint too. The one at Wonderfest was the very first one made. It's the same one that was made and exposed for last year Tokyo Comicon Con.

Thanks for posting the pics. I wonder if those ligaments will yellow over time...

Oddly enough the ones on my life size warrior did after a few years and now they are ever so slowly starting to clear again.
I think it may have been environmental, I had the piece displayed without issue for a couple years without issue but then put it in storage when we remodeled for over a year. When I took it back out they were slightly yellowed.

FYI, all the avp queen exposed lately are still prototypes. Sculpt changed since and paint too. The one at Wonderfest was the very first one made. It's the same one that was made and exposed for last year Tokyo Comicon Con.

Interesting. I'm curious to see what the production pieces look like. I'm hoping to make it to Winter Wonderfest so hopefully they have a production piece there.

Are those clam shell shaped armor pieces on the back spikes supposed to be oriented the way they are in those pics? Hard to find decent pics from the movie that show them, but I think they are upside down on the bust perhaps? Or on the wrong side so that they should be facing up instead of down? I could be wrong though.

They were mounted and exposed the wrong way during the show. That's the right orientation (I mean the top side we see here is the correct top side) but they inverted the right spikes with the left spikes. hope it helps.

They were mounted and exposed the wrong way during the show. That's the right orientation (I mean the top side we see here is the correct top side) but they inverted the right spikes with the left spikes. hope it helps.

Right, the facing side is correct (what we see from the front), but they should be sticking up on top of the spikes instead of hanging below. So they attached them on the wrong sides of the bust I guess. Was just bugging me when looking at the pics.

I prefer the older Queen which looks more organic. This new Queen is too symmetrical.

Does this one still happen? Was ages ago announced and shown at every major show 2018, but still no pre-order? Or am I wrong? Would be a huge miss, as I think it is a great piece. Just so uncertain now, as there are rumours about CoolProps might not be able to produce the pieces they announced. Anyone got better info?

This have been pushed back over a year now...I canceled my PO a looooong time ago. I am not sure why this seems dead in the water.

This have been pushed back over a year now...I canceled my PO a looooong time ago. I am not sure why this seems dead in the water.

Oh, thanks allot for Your information. That makes me totally rethink my notion to go after the pre-order. Anyway, thanks toty21 for the link to the pre-order site. Damn, so the rumours might have some truth to them. Shame, it would have been a great piece next to the SS Queen bust, that still is the best ever.

Back