Alien Queen (AVP) 1/3 bust - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going back and forth on it. I want the regular, but this is truly a piece that I have no idea where it would go. I'm trying to figure out if I want to spend the money on it just to have it since it will sit in a box undisplayed for who knows how long.

I'm going back and forth on it. I want the regular, but this is truly a piece that I have no idea where it would go. I'm trying to figure out if I want to spend the money on it just to have it since it will sit in a box undisplayed for who knows how long.

I totally get it, and that's exactly why I was struggling with it. BUT, ultimately I decided to get it anyway because I knew it is a piece I would end up regretting not getting, and one day I will have a good place to display it.

giphy.gif

I’m gonna wait for in hand pics and go from there. I don’t love it enough to just grab it and o have no idea on the quality of CP stuff except for the busts.

I too will take a 'wait and see' approach with this.

Based their busts, I'm a bit skeptical whether CP can pull it off with their production pieces.. but if they do, then this is a must have, even though I never really cared for the AvP Queen redesign.

I too will take a 'wait and see' approach with this.

Based their busts, I'm a bit skeptical whether CP can pull it off with their production pieces.. but if they do, then this is a must have, even though I never really cared for the AvP Queen redesign.

Funny how we all like different styles - I MUCH prefer everything about the AVP Queen design.

I'd be all over this, but as with most of you, display space is a concern and I'm not sure if CoolProps can deliver based on the poor quality of their Alien 1:1 heads.

Guess it's a pass.

Yeah, that's the most detailed comparison online.

What I personally didn't like is the overall 'dinosaurization' of the Queen in AvP.

I like parts of both, some changes were good, and some not so much IMO. But in the end I like them both about the same. Here is a good guide to the differences between the two versions-
https://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm

Thanks - interesting read.

Yeah, that's the most detailed comparison online.

What I personally didn't like is the overall 'dinosaurization' of the Queen in AvP.

I've never really thought about WHY I prefer the AVP design - but ironically that might be what I DO like - as the webpage said - more of a traditional predator (no pun intended).

I've never really thought about WHY I prefer the AVP design - but ironically that might be what I DO like - as the webpage said - more of a traditional predator (no pun intended).

:rotfl Yeah, I agree with you...she was more intimidating the way she came charging through the snow on AVP. The original lacked that veracity. But other things like the hands and such I liked more in the original design. Ideally for me I'd like to see a hybrid of the two. lol

But regardless, I'm excited to get this Queen in my collection (and continue to struggle on a good place to display her).

A big disappointment. The whole front head looks terrible. The teeth are wrong and she looks like she ran into a glass wall. :rotfl

Several other parts lack accuracy as well. And like with all Coolprobs products, all looks washed out. No high res details, what some would expect of that scale and in that price ranges.

Comments based on?
Maybe try to look at the good references (original clay sculpt by Akihito, 1/3 scale maquette and puppet...) and you will see it is true to these... :)

Actually that's what I mean. I have all high res reference of the whole original process.

Has this piece been shown at any conventions? Do we have any photos of it outside the stock ones on Sideshows site? Or maybe even a YouTube video?

Shown at Tokyo Comicon last year and recently at Monsterpalooza in California.
BUT
in both cases it was the early prototype test (not the final sculpt and not the final paint).

Shown at Tokyo Comicon last year and recently at Monsterpalooza in California.
BUT
in both cases it was the early prototype test (not the final sculpt and not the final paint).

So there is still hope. Would be a shame, if the level would not be pushed still a bit. After all it is the only official licensed AVP Queen in that scale. And the battle torn parts for swap are unique and a fabulous addition.

Back