Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is one of my most anticipated games this years, however I'm. Thinking I'll skip getting it right away.

It looks great but I don't think it's gonna end up being worth £50. I think it'll be too short or perhaps not varied enough and feel repetitive. I hate when you buy a really expensive game and finish it within a few days and become bored not to continue going back

I like what I'm seeing so far. I wonder if the Alien will be actively hunting the player, even when they're dealing with other enemies on screen. Like, if you're fighting a Synthetic, and the Alien suddenly pops up, and stabs you in the back with its tail.

Last edited:
New preorder dlc announced. Two missions.

1. Crew Expendable: play as Ripley, Parker or Dallas after Brett's death to flush the Alien out.
2. The second mission you play as Ripley trying to escape the Nostromo.

Get this: all the cast except Holm are giving their voices and likenesses!!!

Very cool, although whatever happened to just putting everything into the £50 game in the first place? Beats micro transactions I guess..

Very cool, although whatever happened to just putting everything into the £50 game in the first place? Beats micro transactions I guess..

because gamestop wants your money

the second mission is a gamestop exclusive
https://kotaku.com/original-cast-of-alien-joins-isolation-as-pre-order-1602308094?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Here's Sega:

Anyone who pre-orders the game will get a free upgrade to the Nostromo Edition, which includes the bonus content "Crew Expendable". Players can choose to play as one of three surviving crewmembers, only moments after Brett's death at the jaws of the creature. As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, players can explore the Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating their efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship's airlock.

In addition, consumers who pre-order at GameStop will exclusively also receive "Last Survivor" in which players pick up the story as Ripley tries to escape on the Narcissus. On hearing the screams of Lambert and Parker, players must navigate their way back down through the Nostromo in order to activate the self-destruct sequence, before retracing their steps back to the Narcissus shuttle and their escape.

I'm not being pushed into a pre order. I'll just wait until it is all available as a package after the reviews etc are out.

Gotta do something big to try and wash away the stink left by the Colonial Marines debacle, I guess.

Still, much as this looks like it could be good, I'm staying on a 'wait and see' vector. After all, roping in some of the key cast of Aliens (Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston, and Al Matthews) didn't exactly do much to stop Colonial Marines from sucking.

Oh, and I am yet to see a pre-order or retail exclusive of any real substance that didn't eventually turn up on a game of the year/complete edition of the game, or that wasn't eventually made available as paid DLC, so I'm not too worried about missing out.

Aliens Colonial Marines was ****e, no two ways to say it. This looks like its a helluva lot better. But, yeah, I get the hesitation. I've chosen to preorder this one. Just too much win from the look of it. Could it be a dud? Sure, but I don't think so

I love cool preorders....and this one is among the best. Pushed into a purchase? No, its call enticing you!!!! Call me enticed!

If they weren't trying to push people into buying early, this would all be included regardless. I'm happy to wait a bit longer and make sure this isn't another Colonial marines before I hand over my hard earned money.

Thats a pretty cool preorder, but I have a hard time believing this won't be available down the line. I know I may have to pay for it, on top of the game itself. But if the game is as good as its claiming to be, I'll have no problem paying for additional DLC.

I still want reviews before I buy.

As good as the game is seemingly shaping out to be, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

It's weird seeing Weaver's likeness all digital like that. It's like now that she has granted her likeness for NECA, now this, some button cheat in the world was entered and we have access to the hidden Ripley skin!

Dark Horse had her in their comics years back.

alien1.jpg

I'm hoping Fox reached out to HT for merch as well as NECA. They'd have to be deaf and blind to not have this on their radar.

Last edited:
It's weird seeing Weaver's likeness all digital like that. It's like now that she has granted her likeness for NECA, now this, some button cheat in the world was entered and we have access to the hidden Ripley skin!

Dark Horse had her in their comics years back.

View attachment 119481

I'm hoping Fox reached out to HT for merch as well as NECA. They'd have to be deaf and blind to not have this on their radar.

I got so excited for that comic when I was a kid, but I don't remember it ever got a follow-up featuring Ripley, did it?

Back