Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest video is very interesting. My biggest concern was how they would keep up the excitement if it was just you trying to avoid the Alien for 8hrs or so, it turns out there are other characters and dangers on board the station as I'd hoped...

Yeah, they did say there were gonna be other characters, good to hear confirmation...

I like their restraint and modesty when they talk about their work, the difference between them and the douchebags from Gearbox is glaring... In GB they were all "This game will revolutionize things" "It will be the best thing since Aliens" which were immediate red flags for me.

The latest video is very interesting. My biggest concern was how they would keep up the excitement if it was just you trying to avoid the Alien for 8hrs or so, it turns out there are other characters and dangers on board the station as I'd hoped...

Great video, thanks for posting it here, hopefully its not just characters and the alien causing problems, I'm hoping for environmental ones to, like collision courses or asteroid storms, atmospheric leaks and loads more

I just hope that whatever other characters they have planned, have a significant role in the story - that they aren't just tossed in as a means of a simple distraction away from the Alien, to keep things "fresh".

Even if this game doesn't live up to the hype, the one thing for certain, is that it'll be significantly better than ACM.

I know I shouldn't be but I am way excited for this. I certainly hope they finally do it justice and make people realize there is more the this franchise than pulse rifles.

I know I shouldn't be but I am way excited for this. I certainly hope they finally do it justice and make people realize there is more the this franchise than pulse rifles.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one, too. It's about time we got a survival-horror Alien game.

Wow these developers seems so modest, especially with the 3D facial capture and all. I'm kinda used to developers bragging about every single detail and literally parading their motion capture models in order to generate sales. <cough Kojima Productions>.

Hope this game turns out to be a success!

Oculus Rift support has been confirmed. On floor demo is running at E3. People are going to be *****ting themselves.

Oculus Rift support has been confirmed. On floor demo is running at E3. People are going to be *****ting themselves.

This is awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on a rift, It will transform games like this and flight sims etc in to so much more.

Some E3 footage about now. New bad guys glimpsed in this one it seems.

Awesome. Yeah, this is one of those types of games that VR will excel at. Intense, moody and downright scary. That scene where the alien is about to kill you will be freaky as hell to experience in the Rift.

Yeah, I'm hoping the rift will really live up to its potential and completely immerse you into the game you are playing.... it could be a game changer!

Yeah, I'm hoping the rift will really live up to its potential and completely immerse you into the game you are playing.... it could be a game changer!

I can put your mind at ease. I have a Rift. Even though it's the old primitive dev kit version, horror games are legitimately scary in it. I played a simple game where you walk around a dungeon that has plain graphics and not much going on, but it's dark and you're not alone. I had to will myself to walk forward. I was amazed at how creepy and intense it was. And that was a small demo game with crude graphics, sound and lighting, no positional tracking and a low res screen. When a creature did eventually show itself I squealed like a little girl, "noped" out of the game and had to try again later LOL. AAA titles like this with all the production value in the world are going to blow minds. It'll be especially awesome when you're exploring a familiar universe like this. The biggest problem with games like this will be whether or not people can handle it.

That's VR's big hurdle. Everyone needs to try it for themselves to understand it. Hard to advertise something that can only be seen in person. Once you've seen it...you'll definitely understand.

I can imagine. Watching a few of the videos again knowing we'll be playing this with a rift and shut off from the real world really does give them a whole new perspective.

Newest trailer...

Back