Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The concept behind the statue is so great, but for some reason Sideshow sculptors just never seem to be able to do the Big Chap's mouth and head right. There's just something awkward about it's mug.

The weight must be wrong btw. Even if it was all PVC, it's too light. I just read a review of the 1/6 Hunter by Gecco, that's a 30cm figurine, it weights 650g (1.43 pounds). Considering the size of a 1:5 Big Chap and the pretty large base, there's no way it can be only 2 pounds heavier than a 1:6 figurine, unless they managed to cheapen it out even more by doing, dunno, some PVC hollow cast.

I've seen it before Jaws! And just rewatched it. I'm actually enjoying Aliens (first time viewing) a lot more but Vasquez and the whiney guy are ridiculously annoying.

That's it I hate aliens worst ending ever had to kill off one of the most t likeable characters.

What is the general census about alien and aliens? What do people prefer?

I need to watch 3 and are the others worth watching? I know AvP is hit/miss among the fans.

Prometheus as well

They are very different movies, both are held in a high regard. I like Alien 3, the directors cut is the one to go for. But don't go in expecting another Aliens, many people love to hate it. The rest you can take or leave tbh.

I'll be getting this statue, simply because I'm a sucker for everything Alien related.

Having said that, I own about 20 or so Alien related statues, dioramas and figures and of them all, NECA's Big Chap is truly the most film accurate. I hated the non-snarling version in the pics I saw online. After I got it however and posed it, well, its like I'm looking at Bolaji Badejo in costume. It's incredible. The sculpt is so good it actually makes me feel bad about my BC LSB which looks downright wrong in comparison.

Funny...this thread is convincing people into buying the Neca...myself included.

:lol it was not my idea but...you will absolutely love neca's!

On my opinion, companies should give fans whats fans want...I want a real and scary alien and I dont want to pay 450$ for an statue that I don't like from the beginning because the companie choose a super cool pose that makes me think into the mummy or jesuschrist but not in Alien, and because I don't know who, decided that 250 $ for the big chap statue was very cheap and why not to increase the cost until 450$ for the new internecivus something.

After bringing us the big chap, warrior and dog maquettes, why we have to conform with this and at these prices?and if I want a figure like the bc maquette I should pay, how much? 2000$ at ebay? Buy the mummy alien? No sideshow no...fortunately we have other companies whith very nice figures too:) pvc? Better look but not as resistant as the resine? Well...at the school I learnt not to throw plastic bags because we need more than 100 years until plastic dissapear, and that is when it is in nature...I'm sure that inside my vitrine my pvc figure will resist better the pass of the time...and if never I want to replace it...with the price of this resine I can buy 5 figures that actually looks way better and are stunning, awesome and all the adjectives you want:)

I am sure that there will be people who will love that figure...may be they have the others (maquettes,cinemaquettes,..),may be they just like...everyone can buy what they want, it is just my opinion. I have begun to collect alien figures too late I think:lol.

I am sorry but I've just replied at ripley's post from hot toys and I am very sad...I really like alien movies and I really want ripley's figure. I don't know why we haven't yet this figure if it was presented in comicon 2014...fans ask for it, here in facebook...no answers at all...may be they will prepare an internecivus ripley to acompany this statue...we will never know...(I prefer not to speak about the alien girl from hot toys..:slap)

I need to watch 3 and are the others worth watching? I know AvP is hit/miss among the fans.

Prometheus as well
Alien is the greatest movie ever made, Aliens is alright but appeals to most people because of the guns, cheesy dialogue and more + bigger aliens. Alien 3 is the second most well-made film in the franchise - the assembly cut at least - don't watch the theatrical version. Lots of people hate Alien 3 because it didn't have any of the crowd-pleasing features of Aliens. One alien, no guns, no Michael Biehn action hero, etc.

Prometheus is a tie with Aliens for me personally. I love Prometheus, many don't.

Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post

Prometheus as well

Alien is the greatest movie ever made, Aliens is alright but appeals to most people because of the guns, cheesy dialogue and more + bigger aliens. Alien 3 is the second most well-made film in the franchise - the assembly cut at least - don't watch the theatrical version. Lots of people hate Alien 3 because it didn't have any of the crowd-pleasing features of Aliens. One alien, no guns, no Michael Biehn action hero, etc.

Prometheus is a tie with Aliens for me personally. I love Prometheus, many don't.

While I would not call ALIEN the greatest film ever made (everyone knows that goes to JAWS ;) ) it is in my top 20 and is my fav ALIEN film.

ALIENS is more then just guns and bigger aliens... It was such a great idea for a sequel. I love that instead of being another horror film it became a sci fi/action/war film. It was well made and a lot of fun. My 2nd fav in the series.

Alien 3 is underrated. Hell I even like the theatrical cut but the producers cut is better (although a bit long). Very well made and beautifully shot. The close ups of the alien look so great in this film.

Alien Resurrection - Less said the better. Ripley was great in it... That is about it.

AVP is just awful and AVP:R would have been better if it could have taken place in a space colony... Aliens don't belong on modern day earth.

Prometheus is well made and similar in tone to ALIEN (it should be - same director) but I don't like the ideas and the things that are presented that change how you view the first film. So I watch it as fan fiction and don't consider it part of the Alien Universe... Much like the AVP series.

Your signature man, are you kidding me lmao

I'm watching Alien 3 right now. Something feels different, but I like this. First 5 minutes and I already have feels. :( I like how the dude just picks up the alien and go 'WHATS THIS?" lmao

Loving this series now that I've progressed past the first film. I will say the cinematrography is SUPER impressive for being made in the 80s....well done...well done indeed.

Back