Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palisades.

post0.jpg

I have this piece and really like it.. I am glade SSC is doing a larger full piece of it... Btw.. SSC looks better as it is much better detailed and film accurate.

and the base seems like a nice homage to the biomechanical, sexualized paintings from Giger.

I agree I think the base looks like a woman on her back with her legs up and spread.

The bottom half of the base I can see shoulders and the start of a neck line... ANd then the top half of course are the legs.. I don;t know if it's on purpose but it's defiantly Giger

200464_press15.jpg

Omg Jaws that's all I can Friggin see now! Completely ruined [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

It has a Dracula alien vibe going on. I personally think it's ugly I get the artistic side of things but I just flat out don't like it... The base looks like they are roasting a chicken upside down.

So do people on this forum do anything but complain about anything Sideshow does?

The feedback has been very positive, the only complaint is with regards to the lean which seems to be a fair comment. What really does become annoying is when people complain about people viewing their opinions on such things as if they are whiners and trolls. Again, I'll say I like this a lot, but the lean is a strange decision that might actually stop me (a huge Alien fan) from buying it, just my little bit of constructive feed back.

Can't unsee... Great, now I'm going to think of this statue as some sort of weird "birth of the Alien" piece. :p

Also, I miss Palisades. They had some duds for certain, but some of their Alien stuff was pretty cool. And they sure didn't cost $450.

Also, I miss Palisades. They had some duds for certain, but some of their Alien stuff was pretty cool. And they sure didn't cost $450.

Me too, I sold most of their Alien pieces unfortunately, but I still have quite a few of their Predator pieces on display. They certainly don't hold up to modern day Sideshow items, but they do have a charm about them.

I don't dislike the pose as much as I thought, haha. The prototype looks good overall. I can't imagine the in hand pieces actually looking this good, but I'm hopeful.

I'm quickly running out of display room. Not sure if I'm going to pick this one up or not.

I haven't seen a lot of hate towards the piece. most people are concerned with the lean or maybe are off put by it but other than that I would say most people seem to be enjoying it....from the 50-70 or so posts and comments I've read online. I'm not hundred percent sure I will pre order it from Sideshow immediately. But as a huge HR Giger fan I do believe this will be in my collection. :) Hopefully they have a prototype at San Diego Comic Con in person. it's always really fun to see them up close and tends to help build the anticipation quite a bit.

IMO this captures Giger's art more then the ALIEN from the movie... And that is fine IMO

Definitely! Even without the base the pose itself is very Giger.

I don’t dislike the lean and it could look pretty awesome if displayed above eye level but my main concern (Like others) is how well it will hold up over time. Most of the pieces I’ve seen that start to buckle over time look to be much bigger so it may be ok.

I’m looking forward to this one.

Palisades alien warrior signature statue is way better than the two sideshow alien warrior statues. From almost every perspective.
Palisades big chap chestburster is still the one of the best chestburster statues you can get nowadays. The cast quality and the paint job is easily superior to what Sideshow and HCG did. Even though both Sideshow and HCG were cast from original mold. The details of queen chestburster is so blurry and the HCG one is, well, two colors basically. I don't have MR chestburster though.

More of a Giger art piece than a straight movie piece - which is great in my book but certainly won't please everyone.

Is this 1:5 scale? Hard to tell, even with the apple.

I'm gonna say the dome will actually be clearer with a heavy black airbrushed line around the base of it. :) And how do you pronounce it? Enter neck E vus? Enter Ness E vus? I misread it and kept calling it Internevicus which I think sounds cooler anyway. Lol!

Back