Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah that's me. I fell asleep within 5 minutes of starting the movie yesterday (I was completely out of it) so imma try to watch it again today.

You need to view it like watching a painting.... It more beautiful to look at then to watch as a great story (though I think it's story is just fine). But it looks great and has so many classic shots and scenes.

Love this. The lean gives the alien a very subtle sense of movement/that its floating forward. A lot more dynamic than if it were just upright imo. Is there an exclusive?

I'm not sure I'd call it subtle? It's at a 35+ degree angle (ish) the P2 maquette for all its flaws has a nice pose with a subtle sense of movement. This not so much imo, I don't remember the Big Chap ever moving like this, or floating without using its tail for support. I like this a lot actually, but the way it is defying gravity just looks weird to me. I'm going to have to think about it as despite being one of my two favorite characters of all time, it certainly isn't the easy purchase I'd hoped for.

I'm not concerned about whether or not the alien would move that way, I just see this as an artistic piece. The lean gives it this kind of spiritual vibe IMO.

I'm not sure I'd call it subtle? It's at a 35+ degree angle (ish) the P2 maquette for all its flaws has a nice pose with a subtle sense of movement. This not so much imo, I don't remember the Big Chap ever moving like this, or floating without using its tail for support. I like this a lot actually, but the way it is defying gravity just looks weird to me. I'm going to have to think about it as despite being one of my two favorite characters of all time, it certainly isn't the easy purchase I'd hoped for.

I always thought the ALIEN looked like it was floating when he killed the Brett (the first guy)... He slowly floats down and then goes up into the chains.. Not saying he is floating.. I always liked that you did not know what the ALIEN was doing... Pulling himself up with is tail, crawling, or floating... It gave it a much more "alien" and mysterious feel...

Behind the scenes... While it reasonable to think it pulls up by it's tail.. The illusion does not translate in the film giving it that "how did it do that " feel.

alienbrettr.jpg

cap069.jpg

I am not saying he was floating.... Just saying that I think it's cool and "alien" like that it's hard to tell... Sort of like this new SSC piece.

IMO this captures Giger's art more then the ALIEN from the movie... And that is fine IMO

I'm not concerned about whether or not the alien would move that way, I just see this as an artistic piece. The lean gives it this kind of spiritual vibe IMO.

100% agree... It's an artistic piece....

Also some my fav shots of the ALIEN are from behind the scenes where he was in poses that he never did in the film.

I always thought the ALIEN looked like it was floating when he killed the Brett

IMO this captures Giger's art more then the ALIEN from the movie... And that is fine IMO

I agree with that bit for sure, just said the same over ion the other forum. He hung from his tail though from what I remember, behind the scenes doesn't count, many characters don't even exist behind the scenes ;)

I guess I'm just not a very spiritual person..

I keep looking at the photos and scratching my head. Yes, it's an Alien, but with that pose and base it doesn't look like anything else I've seen, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your opinion. I think I am falling on the side liking it, but for that money (plus the currently abysmal Canadian/US dollar exchange rate) and Sideshow's sketchy QC, I will definitely wait for in-hand photos before I make my decision on whether to buy it.

They just need to give up on alien statues. Their stuff is near-Palisades level quality that was around 10 years ago. What is this?? - polystone resin and multiple durometer plastics?? Is it gonna do a face-plant over time?

They just need to give up on alien statues. Their stuff is near-Palisades level quality that was around 10 years ago. What is this?? - polystone resin and multiple durometer plastics?? Is it gonna do a face-plant over time?

They are preparing you for how lite the statue will be.

So do people on this forum do anything but complain about anything Sideshow does?

The pose is fantastic--as is the statue itself--and it mirrors the exact pose that happens right before Brett is picked off.

Price is steep, but I'll still be getting this at some point. Loving the detail, and the base seems like a nice homage to the biomechanical, sexualized paintings from Giger.

This is a pretty interesting design choice. I dig it and will probably pre order. Of course I'm a huge giger/alien fan as well. Just hope the QC paint app is done well and the peg is strong enough to prevent leaning.

Well said Tetra, agreed.

So do people on this forum do anything but complain about anything Sideshow does?

The pose is fantastic--as is the statue itself--and it mirrors the exact pose that happens right before Brett is picked off.

Price is steep, but I'll still be getting this at some point. Loving the detail, and the base seems like a nice homage to the biomechanical, sexualized paintings from Giger.

There has been allot of hate on this statue, from what I have seen it looks fantastic, it will sell one way or another

Back