Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received confirmation from SS this morning that they received my returned (damaged) Alien Bust Exclusive this morning. Their notice goes on to say "Your replacement order will be leaving our warehouse shortly. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for your order to be inspected, packaged, and shipped." I'm assuming this is just standard language and they really don't inspect anything. I'm not sure that would even matter as it seems at least a portion of the damage is due to inadequate protection/packaging around the mouth and dome area. Bad casting and painting of the teeth appear to be a given:(, but intact mouth tendons and a sealed, non-scuffed dome would to nice. However, the way things have been going with this bust, that might be expecting too much:banghead Here's to hoping for the best:duff

I got my regular to replace my damaged EX--#0080/2000!!. I opened it at work cuz I couldn't stand not knowing if it was a good one or not. I have to say it is in MUCH better condition! No crack, no gap, no scuffs--at least so far as I can tell. When I get home I'm going to go over it again so I can really look at every bit of it, but so far I'm really happy I got a replacement (even if it's not an EX).

I got my regular to replace my damaged EX--#0080/2000!!. I opened it at work cuz I couldn't stand not knowing if it was a good one or not. I have to say it is in MUCH better condition! No crack, no gap, no scuffs--at least so far as I can tell. When I get home I'm going to go over it again so I can really look at every bit of it, but so far I'm really happy I got a replacement (even if it's not an EX).

Nice one, General. I'm glad your second bust is in good condition.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

It's not completely cleaned off--that styrofoam is everywhere on this thing--but here are some quick pics. Really no big issues so I'm finally breathing a sigh of relief and releasing all the anxiety I had about getting a great bust.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418959564.530457.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418959575.814328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418959585.731734.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418959595.890211.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418959613.999752.jpg

I received confirmation from SS this morning that they received my returned (damaged) Alien Bust Exclusive this morning. Their notice goes on to say "Your replacement order will be leaving our warehouse shortly. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for your order to be inspected, packaged, and shipped." I'm assuming this is just standard language and they really don't inspect anything. I'm not sure that would even matter as it seems at least a portion of the damage is due to inadequate protection/packaging around the mouth and dome area. Bad casting and painting of the teeth appear to be a given:(, but intact mouth tendons and a sealed, non-scuffed dome would to nice. However, the way things have been going with this bust, that might be expecting too much:banghead Here's to hoping for the best:duff

They'll unpack it, mess with the bag and put a brand new QC sticker on it for Ya!!! Right as rain... :wink1:

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc

My replacement just shipped. Should get here Tuesday. Hopefully I am still in town to accept the package.

It's not completely cleaned off--that styrofoam is everywhere on this thing--but here are some quick pics. Really no big issues so I'm finally breathing a sigh of relief and releasing all the anxiety I had about getting a great bust.

:hi5: Grats man, happy to hear it!!

Looks awesome! Glad you're going to get to keep it in your collection!

:hi5: Grats man, happy to hear it!!

Looks awesome! Glad you're going to get to keep it in your collection!

Thanks! When I opened it at work everyone was blown away by it (meanwhile I was trying not to have a panic attack while checking for flaws). It's funny seeing non-collectors react to some of these pieces. When people that aren't fans of the movie (blasphemy!) are impressed it shows that this really is a fantastic piece if you get a good one.

My replacement didn't even have a QC sticker on it at all. But the plastic was all shuffled around the box and the bust did have plastic bags covering every part of it.

Glad to hear you got a nice replacement Zod! It's a pretty good feeling to have this piece undamaged and looking great.

Yeah, I'm surprised it arrived in as good condition as it did. Still just one thin plastic bag on it--though this time it went from the base to the dome.

Generalzodlives i see you have big chap setup in a besta. If you really want to make it pop check out ikea for the mirrored back inserts. It fits right inside the besta covering the bottom and back of the shelf. As well as including 2 extra mirrored shelves. Its only $20 and really does make a difference. Especially with lighting. And btw glad you got a great piece in return.

Generalzodlives i see you have big chap setup in a besta. If you really want to make it pop check out ikea for the mirrored back inserts. It fits right inside the besta covering the bottom and back of the shelf. As well as including 2 extra mirrored shelves. Its only $20 and really does make a difference. Especially with lighting. And btw glad you got a great piece in return.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out the mirrored back for the Besta, especially now that I have one I'm not ashamed for people to see both sides.

Back