Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not getting a replacement Ex.
He's getting $50 for minor issues with his Bust and a replacement Nameplate due to damage on his original.
It's not the same as getting a new Ex.
Offering an unnumbered replacement, as suggested, would make a mockery of having an Edition Number to begin with.

Im just getting the nameplate. I was so concerned with the actual piece i didnt pay much attention to the plate. My gf actually pointed out the fact that a spine was broken off on the back. And i understand it would make a mockery of the edition size... Its just disheartening that people wont get the piece now.

So my EX replacement just came and I gave it a really good look over. It is just about as flawless as this piece could be.

No broken tendons.
No dome scuffs.
No cracks, chips or broken anything.
Paint app is much better than my original piece, including on the dome tint which is lighter in the front allowing for a better view of the skull.
No sealing gaps around the dome.

I am back to being excited and happy about this piece. I even got the same EX# as the one I returned. EX #54.
I couldn't be more pleased with how this worked out.

Congratulations Dr Tongue. I'm glad that all the effort you put into getting a replacement finally paid off, buddy. :hi5:

I have a RMA too. Don't know if I will use it or not.
1- No garantee that my new one will come "perfect" because apparently there is no double check before shipping.
2- I'm not sure I will have the possibility to do it again, if the new one comes damaged.

What you think guys?

1- No garantee that my new one will come "perfect" because apparently there is no double check before shipping.
2- I'm not sure I will have the possibility to do it again, if the new one comes damaged.

What you think guys?

Well I'm fairly positive they checked my replacement before it was sent out, just by the way it was packed. The bag surrounding the inner box was pushed way down, and the box itself didn't have that tiny tab inserted into its slot where you close it. There was also 3 bags over the bust itself in the styrofoam, which my original did not have and the outer brown shipper box had tape over tape. Yeah, that evidence could mean other things, but I find it likely it's due to it having been inspected.

Oh, and thanks Matt! :clap

What you think guys?

If you're in the US I would.. We don't have to worry about getting import fees back... I mean if it arrives busted you're back where you are now... Yet you have better odds of getting a good one since you've been shipped two...

I am not in the US, but I don't have to pay for transport and import fees again, if I remember well what sideshow told me.
I will call them back again tomorrow I think.

I am not in the US, but I don't have to pay for transport and import fees again, if I remember well what sideshow told me.
I will call them back again tomorrow I think.

If you're not going to be out anything but your time waiting for it to show up I say go for the EX replacement... The regular isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

hi, guys , big chap LSF bust also arrives my home last week .

After check it very carefully , a tendon broken , sigh .....But except this , everything else is perfect, no gaps ,no scuffs , tooth ok ,dome fine... Should I happy or sad ? Happy because only one issue occurs , sad because whatever --- it damaged . I fixed the tendon and this big chap gonna be a nice one in my collection .

check out below photos:

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

hi, guys , big chap LSF bust also arrives my home last week .

After check it very carefully , a tendon broken , sigh .....But except this , everything else is perfect, no gaps ,no scuffs , tooth ok ,dome fine... Should I happy or sad ? Happy because only one issue occurs , sad because whatever --- it damaged . I fixed the tendon and this big chap gonna be a nice one in my collection .

check out below photos:

Other people can't decide whether you should be happy with it, only you can decide that. Personally I'd be okay with it as long as the pieces can be glued back

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

I'm crossing my fingers that my replacement isn't damaged but if all it has is a broken tendon then I'll be ecstatic.

Back