Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the inner mouth should be white on the Big chap, the tendons shouldn't be at all yellow however, they should be clear with a hint of black. The glue blobs seem standard unfortunately, my warrior has loads.

I am sorry...1) I know these just start going out and 2) that we really only see the minority here on these forums and 3) pics are much more details and closer than normally viewed by the naked eye, but that track record I have seen/been seeing from the Chap and War is just...very...disheartening.

Really, other than the tendons and the knick in the skull, not much if any of these issues are visible from a foot away. He is really cool, and like I said I like the bust (sculpt mainly, paint is scat). Haven't called them yet, but plan to before the day is done.

Yes the inner mouth should be white on the Big chap, the tendons shouldn't be at all yellow however, they should be clear with a hint of black. The glue blobs seem standard unfortunately, my warrior has loads.

Funny thing, now that I actually have a piece of broken tendon in my hand they are clear with just a tint of black. It only looks yellow when I put it up to the bust, and a few other random objects. Not really sure why. When I hold the piece up to the light though there's no mistaking its clear.

Can someone post a pic of the back of the base?

Here you go. And one of the bottom just because.

DSCN2013.JPG
DSCN2016.JPG

Paint app doesn't really do the sculpt justice in my opinion.

Anybody seeing a lot of cracks/scratches on the inside part of the dome? Mine is littered with them. Contacting customer service right now. Not at all happy to see this from a $400 piece.

I agree about the pant job as well. Such a fantastic sculpt diminished from such lazy detailing.

No problem.

Just got off the phone with them and was told to email photos to their returns dept and wait for a reply. Now I'll get to deal with that during the best shipping season of the year. Yippee!

Sorry for the creepy-quality pics but love at first sight!!

10659028_953698277993448_9209767411074154889_o_zpsf07f7380.jpg

1490725_953699554659987_1238476472318638047_o_zps943c36df.jpg

Very happy with the piece...Not any fault on mine and average quality. The cons are painting job miles away from the proto (specially bad paint on the teeth) and the EX plaque...

I love how the dome looks...Very good effect.

Attachments

• 10659028_953698277993448_9209767411074154889_o_zpsf07f7380.jpg
    10659028_953698277993448_9209767411074154889_o_zpsf07f7380.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 253
Have any of you dealt with returning an item (especially one this size)? I'm kinda nervous I'll either receive a replacement that's just as bad, or loose my EX/nameplate. I know I wouldn't get the same # but do they send a completely new EX or gimp me with a regular?

I got mine today, no complaints, I think it looks good :)

just in case anyone was wondering what this guy might look like 1:1 scale, I took pictures of him with the HCG 1:1 so you can see the scale differences :)

3-1.jpg

Actually seems bigger than half scale.

Wish the dome was a bit more transparent like the big one.

Now you really make me want to hold out for a 1:1. :thud:

So, here is what I have. Mouth tendon on his right side is broken and missing (not even in the box or stuck in styrofoam), so it's probably on a factory floor somewhere.
View attachment 147409

Tendon on his left side is broken off and was loose in the box.
View attachment 147410

Theres a knick or something on the skull under the dome (not on the dome itself).
View attachment 147411

I noticed air bubbles in the dome most likely from when it was cast. Unfortunately on the front.
View attachment 147412
View attachment 147413

And lastly the obvious glue smudge on the rear side of the dome.
View attachment 147414
View attachment 147415

I also found a few very large paintbrush bristles stuck in a few area but I manages to remove them with no issue.

I think this is a really cool piece and I like it a lot actually. But these issues I did not expect with something I paid $400 for from a company that seems like they should know better. This is only the second thing I have ever purchased from them directly. I suppose now I will be giving them a call.
I have a feeling I know what Sideshow's response will be...

"Hi,

We examined a few stock pieces and compared them to the pictures you have provided. Please know all pieces had a similar paint application as your pictures. Every piece we produce is individually hand painted and you will be able to find slight variations on any statue if you examine it close enough. This is the normal paint application for this item and as such, we will be unable to provide you a replacement that would be an improvement over your current piece."

:monkey4

If i as a customer ever recieved a response like that from sideshow i would be done. If this hypothetical response was real that would just be them saying... We pump out half ass work and you will live with it. Hahahaha

Mine showed up with a chip missing on the front of the dome. :(

Other than that it looks great. I guess Ill try for a replacement.

20141120_175125_zpsb0242f08.jpg

Back