Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be that guy, but boy am I glad I passed on this line. Still not into the Warrior, the paint apps on the final Big Chap are absolutely nothing compared to the prototype, and the sizing is completely inconsistent. I know some people were thrilled that this guy turned out bigger than the Warrior, but the difference is so staggering to me that I'd never let myself display them together. Not sure what they were thinking.

Shhhh be careful what you say about sideshow. If you say something the fans dont like your an ass. Wave me goodbye all you want. Ill gladly put my money elsewhere while others blindly PAY tribute to these half ass pieces. And it has nothing to do with,.. well for $400 what do you expect. Because even their $2000 pieces are victim to the same qc issues. Ill come back when sideshow goes back to how they were about 10 years ago. If ever.

Shhhh be careful what you say about sideshow. If you say something the fans dont like your an ass. Wave me goodbye all you want. Ill gladly put my money elsewhere while others blindly PAY tribute to these half ass pieces. And it has nothing to do with,.. well for $400 what do you expect. Because even their $2000 pieces are victim to the same qc issues. Ill come back when sideshow goes back to how they were about 10 years ago. If ever.

Yes, it is a shame to see good products get ruined by bad decisions and QC with no end in sight. I am starting to not be happy when I am opening my packages now. Instead I am worried about QC knowing there is a slim chance of replacements.

Please dont take my posts as me completely trolling and or flaming sideshow ( i know thats how it reads ). Sideshow has paved the way for more companies to do as well as offering us fansand collectors really good products and liscenses. The issue came into play a few years back. Sideshow started to bite off more than it could chew it seems. They wanted to provide us with what we wanted because they themselves are fans and collectors. But when you have as many products as they do... Quality suffers. And were starting to see that. Quality is an issue as is their turning a profit. They have now become an investors market. They lost the feel and heart it seems. I myself cannot spend my money on subpar products just because im a fan. Once sideshow finally opens their eyes, and begins to listen to us as consumers again then i will consider purchasing more. But until then i will gracefully bow out.

The same problems with mine. Ruptured tendon, and head markings.

Alien.jpg
Alien2.jpg

Same thing here. The tendons broke on both side. And no element in the box to eventually glue it. They are litterally missing.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Well these QC issues are a major bummer. Mine showed up at my shipping address today. I'll pick it up tomorrow and check it out. If it's riddled with these QC issues at least I'll have no trouble returning it.

Huh? I have seem scuffs and nicks on the dome in this thread, but those holes on Deneded's piece... wtf.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

WTF? is this a joke? is there any type of QC for this piece? mine should be here Monday, not very optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the air bubbles in the dome for many people tells me that sideshow is not vacuum casting these items. Certainly they have the capability to, so why wouldn't they? Especially when the dome is the focal point of the piece. Poor craftsmanship all around.

No see this isnt the worst part. The worst is the fact that sideshow has a contract with an overseas producer. When the pieces come in sideshow inspects them,.. sees that they are defectiv. Yet still slaps their qc label on it and sends it out. messed up. They display the artist proof. The one SIDESHOW MAKES. They sell you on that. Then have some third rate company pump them out and they could care less about the state of the pieces. They have your money already. And then you complain and all they do is basically offer you back your NRD. Or give you a runaround about returning it. Time to get the point across the only way a business inderstands,... With your money. Cmon guys open your eyes this is insane. And $400+ isnt chump change unacceptable.

If you contact them, be sure to stay on them.

I contacted them about Warrior issues I had (received a return).

Basically ended up with me playing phone tag with the CS manager. I kept getting voice mail saying he would be out of town. Yet I kept calling PAST the date in the voice mail only to never hear back from them.

Only reason I never really cared to follow up was due to only having to pay shipping for it, then traded it in locally.

No see this isnt the worst part. The worst is the fact that sideshow has a contract with an overseas producer. When the pieces come in sideshow inspects them,.. sees that they are defectiv. Yet still slaps their qc label on it and sends it out. messed up. They display the artist proof. The one SIDESHOW MAKES. They sell you on that. Then have some third rate company pump them out and they could care less about the state of the pieces. They have your money already. And then you complain and all they do is basically offer you back your NRD. Or give you a runaround about returning it. Time to get the point across the only way a business inderstands,... With your money. Cmon guys open your eyes this is insane. And $400+ isnt chump change unacceptable.

While not trying to continue a SS bashing train...this feeling/thought is what has regulated me to really only buying SS pieces (for the time being) by seeing them in-hand first. I have only been in this stuff for a little over a year now and have already learned about this all too well.

Despite the issues, until I get this resolved he's going on display. That is after all why I bought it. I had seen all the nice 1:1 alien stuff sideshow did in the past but could never afford one. Finally they made a line that was in a decent price range for me so I had to jump on it. This and the warrior are my only sideshow purchases simply due to the fact that I can't afford to buy collectibles often.

I have been a massive alien fan for longer than I remember (it's probably half of what I talk about just ask my wife), and there no way I'm letting these issues ruin one of my favorite things for me. If they make a runner lsb I'll probably buy that too and be done, and if they don't then I am already done. Even if this came in perfect condition I wasn't planning on making any future purchases.

Anyway, here's how I set him up.
DSCN2018.jpg

You get defensive when people point out the truth about Sideshow...then you go and do the same. :lol

Who's being defensive? :dunno

You're all pissy about sideshow's QC and want to run away.. :panic:

Funny thing is you're trying to "open our eyes".. You think we don't already know all of this? We'll just add you to the list of folks who have posted the exact same diatribe as you...

All I can say in regards to what you're saying is.... Don't let the door hit ya in the dumper! :wave

Mine still hasn't shipped!

Bit worried now, just got in from work and read all of last nights posts. Sorry to everybody who has a dodgy one, I know exactly how it feels, I got a bad Warrior. I've been so excited for this guy, I'll be gutted if he turns out bad as well.

Mine still hasn't shipped!

Bit worried now, just got in from work and read all of last nights posts. Sorry to everybody who has a dodgy one, I know exactly how it feels, I got a bad Warrior. I've been so excited for this guy, I'll be gutted if he turns out bad as well.

Python, hopefully yours turns out alright. I know you've been anxiously anticipating this piece too. Maybe the fact that yours hasn't shipped yet is a good thing. Since they are sending these out in small waves maybe they realized most of the first batch has issues and are trying to remedy that for subsequent shipments. Just a thought. I have no idea how their process actually works.

Mine is out for delivery now! I'm definitely nervous and hoping for the best, as there's no way they'll have anything but credits and returns for this piece. There were less issues with the Warrior and even that one was instant credit or return with little to no full piece exchanges. The tendons breaking is kinda crazy, and Sideshow definitely needs to make sure QC is up to par in these factories. Certain statues seem to get out the door beautifully, whereas others a little less so.

Hopefully the tendon breaks for those who still have the pieces are easy enough fixes! For those who are missing completely, well, I do hope it's able to be displayed in a way where it's less noticeable! That's quite unfortunate.

Anyway, here's how I set him up.
View attachment 147547

That's a great setup! Very nice :)

Back