Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will be home tomorrow. It was maybe 30minutes away locked in the sorting facility since the last 2 days!!!! So close and so far in the same time.

Since the warrior seemed too small for me, after seeing the side by side, this guy might be a nice fit.
A 1:1 would need a lot of depth-space to display him forward, I assume.

Will have to wait to see inhand first though.

Blech, seeing the pics made me want to keep this, but just did some financial projections and while I certainly could manage it, it would be smarter to turn around and sell it. Luckily the EX really doesn't mean much to me on this piece. I hope everyone's come out well. Though the word on the paint isn't amazing, it doesn't seem riddled with QC issues so far... though it's been a small sample size.

If it's something you think you'll hunt down later on, I'd check over the one you get now and make a choice then. IF it's best to survive a month over keeping it, then by all means flip it :lol But I mean, if the QC is spot on, and you're happy with it all around when you get it...I'd consider keeping it. It'd be another gamble to hunt it down again later, probably pay close to the same, and risk QC again. Again, totally go by what you know is smarter! Especially if you've checked through things. I just think if you really want it, and the one you get passes all the QC tests, it'd likely be best to hold onto it!

I guess we'll all wait and see! Fingers crossed by next week we're all happy with quality pieces! :1-1:

If it's something you think you'll hunt down later on, I'd check over the one you get now and make a choice then. IF it's best to survive a month over keeping it, then by all means flip it :lol But I mean, if the QC is spot on, and you're happy with it all around when you get it...I'd consider keeping it. It'd be another gamble to hunt it down again later, probably pay close to the same, and risk QC again. Again, totally go by what you know is smarter! Especially if you've checked through things. I just think if you really want it, and the one you get passes all the QC tests, it'd likely be best to hold onto it!

I guess we'll all wait and see! Fingers crossed by next week we're all happy with quality pieces! :1-1:

Yeah we'll see. Iget mine tomorrow and I will look it over for QC issues. If it has more than a few I will likely just return, otherwise I will probably be putting it up for sale one way or the other just because looking forward to my calendar there are other things that take priority over this piece, as much as I do want to eventually. although I did just decide to put up some other pieces for sale which are pretty valuable so if those cell relatively quickly maybe I can and will hold onto this. We'll see I'm prepared for whatever happens. I'm just really glad that it came out looking good for everybody. Can't wait to see it in person!

Yeah we'll see. Iget mine tomorrow and I will look it over for QC issues. If it has more than a few I will likely just return, otherwise I will probably be putting it up for sale one way or the other just because looking forward to my calendar there are other things that take priority over this piece, as much as I do want to eventually. although I did just decide to put up some other pieces for sale which are pretty valuable so if those cell relatively quickly maybe I can and will hold onto this. We'll see I'm prepared for whatever happens. I'm just really glad that it came out looking good for everybody. Can't wait to see it in person!

I hear ya! That's all good...decisions are usually best made in person anyway. Though it's especially hard when there's so many rewards points and coupons used on a piece. What else do you have on deck? Luckily this is my last piece until next year, though those POs are still not locked in. Still waiting to see if my Waitlist for Machiko converts as well!

I hear ya! That's all good...decisions are usually best made in person anyway. Though it's especially hard when there's so many rewards points and coupons used on a piece. What else do you have on deck? Luckily this is my last piece until next year, though those POs are still not locked in. Still waiting to see if my Waitlist for Machiko converts as well!

This year? Ugh. Well I have two flex payments left for Gladiator Hulk, 1/6 Heartbreaker next month, flexed Mime Joker, Mandarin and Iron Patriot also during spook. Red Hulk EX PF if it comes out next month though I probably won't keep it.

The big ones are XM Hulk and the Weta Balrog. Those are the two I will keep above all else.

Ugh, I have a problem lol.

This year? Ugh. Well I have two flex payments left for Gladiator Hulk, 1/6 Heartbreaker next month, flexed Mime Joker, Mandarin and Iron Patriot also during spook. Red Hulk EX PF if it comes out next month though I probably won't keep it.

The big ones are XM Hulk and the Weta Balrog. Those are the two I will keep above all else.

Ugh, I have a problem lol.

Haha that IS a lot on PO! Geez :) Gladiator Hulk looks like a beauty. I'm not a huge Hulk guy, but that's tempting to anyone who likes things that look amazing! Red Hulk EX also looks fantastic, I think. Best one of the new trio, I believe -- though I know very little of the character.

Mime Joker will look stunning in person, I'm sure. Looks like a mini-Nicholson, dead on. Heartbreaker -- well, if you're into Iron Man armors, that's a rough place to be in general :lol Mandarin was a great price for Spook. If I lived in the States, I would've picked'm up as well! Iron Patriot was also likely a good grab!

And all this in the next month and a half? I can see why you're balancing your accounts :lol At least it'll be a fun six weeks!!

Haha that IS a lot on PO! Geez :) Gladiator Hulk looks like a beauty. I'm not a huge Hulk guy, but that's tempting to anyone who likes things that look amazing! Red Hulk EX also looks fantastic, I think. Best one of the new trio, I believe -- though I know very little of the character.

Mime Joker will look stunning in person, I'm sure. Looks like a mini-Nicholson, dead on. Heartbreaker -- well, if you're into Iron Man armors, that's a rough place to be in general :lol Mandarin was a great price for Spook. If I lived in the States, I would've picked'm up as well! Iron Patriot was also likely a good grab!

And all this in the next month and a half? I can see why you're balancing your accounts :lol At least it'll be a fun six weeks!!

Yeah... It would have been fine. I'm diligent about planning, but I got hit with two older long sold out pieces that came up that I couldn't pass on, along with an expensive Batman print and they ate up what I had budgeted for most of this. So, time to reshuffle. If the first flex or NRDs hadn't been paid on most of that stuff I would have cancelled most it flat out.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Just unboxed mine, it's massive :) but does have a few problems.

First up the clear dome is beautiful and looks great with light on it as it really pops, my dome doesn't fit flush down one side and the front bit at the mouth is rough.

The teeth are worse than the warrior bust but we all know they need fixing and I'm sure with a bit of chrome they will look amazing. The tendon around the mouth doesn't really fit flush with the bottom lip "see pic" and a few scratches under the dome? But overall from a foot away it looks bloody awesome :) I went over the whole bust with a micro fibre cloth and it really buffed up to a nice glossy shine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478029.433449.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478045.400169.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478065.923059.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478084.179954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478097.457348.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478121.311757.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478143.997147.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478172.266476.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478202.188203.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478234.209180.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478246.411553.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478287.916775.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478320.938569.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478331.773104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478364.261564.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478403.082496.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478412.835855.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478424.652252.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416478433.303656.jpg

I'm beginning to think they have forgotten about me. Still waiting for it to ship.

MR Regan, nice shots, glad you like it...

Back