Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled my HCG when the horse mouth was just too much to take, and lost my deposit too.

I still have the signed Hollywood Collectors 1/4, which I love, but will likely have to part with soon. :(

The Big Chap and the Warrior are the same size my friends. 18" keeps it in true 1:2 scale and this will be no different. However I must admit that they're giving it a larger look by camera angles etc. But rest assure that they're the same size.

Here you go...

'The Big Chap LSB is bigger than the Alien Warrior LSB (due to the fact that as a species the Big Chap is bigger than Alien Warriors, so the were done in scale to reflect that), so pricing between the two may not be the same...but we'll see. :)

-SideshowAlex'

I hate it when people express their opinion as fact :lecture

Here you go...

'The Big Chap LSB is bigger than the Alien Warrior LSB (due to the fact that as a species the Big Chap is bigger than Alien Warriors, so the were done in scale to reflect that), so pricing between the two may not be the same...but we'll see. :)

-SideshowAlex'

Well Played LOLZ.:clap:lecture

I thought I had imagined that, and at first got a bit defensive. But then I asked kindly for clarification, because oddly enough, these things actually matter to me. I would like to see a side by side comparison. Or at least measurement figures from each of the types of Aliens. It's an interesting subject at the least.

They probably will have at least one photo next to each other eventually. It will show the massive Big Chap. Small puny Warrior will always be under.

I hope they do a side by side shot, that would be cool, I don't think this will be massively bigger than the warrior though.

And just to put it out there, while I do suspect the big chaps dome should be slightly longer, the 1:1 versions both had 36" head lengths... the warrior is half this at 18" so maybe SS are working from these size wise and the big chap will just be taller. It would be nice if Mr Giger could chip in here and give us the actual measurements ;)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=2922

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=2903

Hey peeps. The domes are absolutely the same length. When I have more time I'll post film facts etc etc...

As far as the statement from the sideshow rep is concerned, I'm sure he's (or she) is reiterating the justification of the sculpt... But that doesn't mean it's correct. I won't sit here and name all the inaccuracies Sideshow has done in the past, but if the Big Chap is not 18" long... Then the size is inaccurate.

And just food for thought for those that doubt my "opinion" on the matter. Both Sideshow Lifesize busts of the big chap and warrior were done to correct length of 36" EACH (a fact that impressed me when they were manufactured). That, they got correct.

Not starting a war here peeps, just an obsessed fan trying to shed light on something. Sideshow is NOT always correct. :)

Hey peeps. The domes are absolutely the same length. When I have more time I'll post film facts etc etc...

As far as the statement from the sideshow rep is concerned, I'm sure he's (or she) is reiterating the justification of the sculpt... But that doesn't mean it's correct. I won't sit here and name all the inaccuracies Sideshow has done in the past, but if the Big Chap is not 18" long... Then the size is inaccurate.

And just food for thought for those that doubt my "opinion" on the matter. Both Sideshow Lifesize busts of the big chap and warrior were done to correct length of 36" EACH (a fact that impressed me when they were manufactured). That, they got correct.

Not starting a war here peeps, just an obsessed fan trying to shed light on something. Sideshow is NOT always correct. :)

I'm not saying SS is correct, i'm just pointing out that a Sideshow representative has already confirmed that the BC will be bigger. No doubt meaning more expensive.
I personally have no idea which is bigger or smaller.

We'll if this AND the warrior's dome are as long as in the video I'll be a happy camper... God I can't believe I let myself get into this line as we'll... :slap

Predators, Aliens and LOTR.... why did I start collecting again?? :thud:

Here you go...

-SideshowAlex'

I often wonder where Sideshow gets their facts from when they do their research. Because according to STAN WINSTON the Alien Warriors were taller than the younger and less mature Big Chap. And in addition to that... The domes are the same size as they were cast from available molds from the first film then reworked. Here's the info I said I'd post to back up my "opinion".

Read on my friends:
https://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienWarrior.htm

I often wonder where Sideshow gets their facts from when they do their research. Because according to STAN WINSTON the Alien Warriors were taller than the younger and less mature Big Chap. And in addition to that... The domes are the same size as they were cast from available molds from the first film then reworked. Here's the info I said I'd post to back up my "opinion".

Read on my friends:
https://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienWarrior.htm
That was pretty cool to read. I didn't know about a lot of that stuff.

Back